Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
30 Oct 2018, 09:40 AM

After test i can say that only noob will lose panzer4 against kw8, kw8 is now just solid unit. Its like saying 45mm at gun is op because can penetrate panzet 4 armor and cost only 200. Guys chillout
30 Oct 2018, 10:06 AM

I think KV-8 should start with less pen for the gun but gain the current values at vet 2 or vet 3. This gives the German player some time to react and develop counters to KV-8 (like Panther) while their T3 can somewhat hold a stock KV-8 back. If the threat is ignored and the KV-8 is allowed to vet up, it should then be very dangerous to deal with using only ATG and T3.
30 Oct 2018, 10:35 AM

I think KV-8 should start with less pen for the gun but gain the current values at vet 2 or vet 3. This gives the German player some time to react and develop counters to KV-8 (like Panther) while their T3 can somewhat hold a stock KV-8 back. If the threat is ignored and the KV-8 is allowed to vet up, it should then be very dangerous to deal with using only ATG and T3.

Heavy infantry tanks have a role (to absorb damage) and their veterancy should help achieve that role. KV-8 should have armor/HP/armor reduction as veterancy buffs.

The whole approach to KV-8 changes is simply wrong. The unit should serve as shock unit that loses value in late game. It should not serve as a counter to PzIV4 for a number of reason.

Since it specialized unit it should be cheaper and come earlier than KV-1.

Change from live could include:

Veterancy overhaul focusing in defensive bonus, vet 1 ability could become a timed damage reduction, lower rear armor, small increase to gun's penetration.

Unit available as call-in at normal price and build-able from T4 at cost discount to 110-120 fuel.

As most flame vehicles DOT damage should be decreased or even completely removed and added as timed ability, normal damage might need re-balancing.
30 Oct 2018, 10:59 AM

KV-8 IS a late game unit, what kind of "shock value" you're talking about when OKW could have Panther by the time KV-8 even hits field?

If KV-8 to remain in current state it had to be limited to just 1 same as AVRE and Sturmtiger, it's gun performance is equal to KV-1 gun against armor, its basically KV-1 with flamethrower which would be hilariously OP in 2+ numbers
30 Oct 2018, 12:38 PM

i think that you guys forget about its stat. the brumbar's AOE radius is 6 and do damage at least 32(damage far), while sherman HE's radius is 4 and damage far is 16. I also think that the new KV-8 matchs with brumbar, which has same front armor as panther, needs five hits to kill, and has good penetration(140/120/100).

Wrong, it needs 7 hits to be detstroyed.
30 Oct 2018, 13:19 PM

800 / (160*0,8) = 6,25 shots, so 7 hits like jagd wölfe said
30 Oct 2018, 14:40 PM

Wrong, it needs 7 hits to be detstroyed.

uh, i meant stupa needs five hits to be destroyed.
I know KV-8 now has 20% damage reduced. so what I wanted to say was KV-8 is a powerful anti-infantry tank with heavy armor, high HP and have powerful punches to medium like brumbar.
30 Oct 2018, 22:46 PM

Yes brumbar is no brainer especially with smoke but scott is just light vehicule and really u need mjcro it lol
Anyway your opinon is useless if u think vickers is op. Evrybody knows that brits sux right now. #nerfsexton

Sherman has direct fire, rapid shell and faster reload. Compare them on mobile targets and you will see. DPS is no everything.

Brits suck, but not because of Vickers. One OP unit is not enouth to be a good fraction.

Edit: Also Gren need more micro than Tommies. And the infantry with most micro are Osttruppen. You can't spam them, you need tactic and map-knowledge to use them.
30 Oct 2018, 22:51 PM

But yes... if I would be the chef designer of the game Brummbät would be a commander unit and StuG E would be the normal arty-tank of Ostheer...

One human and less intensive alternative fraction design would be:

T0:
-Pios (4xk98k - upgrade flamer/mine detec.)
-Gren (4xk98k+1xMp40 - upgrade 2xG43)
T1:
-MG42
-Sniper
-leIG18 (funktion to switch mode between Arty und At with direct shot)
T2:
-251 (no MGs - upgrade front/rear MGs inszead of new 250)
-PnzGr (4xSTG44 - upgrade 1xlMG42 1+1 PnzSchreck)
T3:
Panzer 4 Stummel (pen 160/70/20 but high reload - upgrade to long barrel - at T4 option to build it directly)
StuG 3 E (AI-StuG)
StuG 3 G (AT-StuG)
T4:
Ostwind
PnzWerfer
Tiger I

Since years I think about a easy way to set Ostheer in new ligh without changing commanders too much... with that setting Brummbär would be instead of StuG E in commander. Sturmpios could become mire relevant if Pios get no close-range-units. Grens would be more interesting if they get a 5th men. Beside some weapons work wrong. Normal riflels are too good on close combat. At 15 range they should be at their maximum, so MPs get more logic. (people who knows the stats will understand).

etc.
31 Oct 2018, 12:05 PM

and barrage accuracy increament in all mortars and mortar half tracks seems not working properly. I see same circle sizes between vet 2 and 3

could anybody confirm it?

leFH vet works so circle becomes smaller. but i cannot find circle change in mortars and mortar HTs.
4 Nov 2018, 10:26 AM

Tactical support is still decent. This commander need some infantry upgrade or new infantry unit. Just replace recovery sapper squad with something usefull even flamethrower would be better. I was thinking about something simmilar to wermaht g43 for tommys maybe scoped enfild upgrade ?
4 Nov 2018, 14:51 PM

Tactical support is still decent. This commander need some infantry upgrade or new infantry unit. Just replace recovery sapper squad with something usefull even flamethrower would be better. I was thinking about something simmilar to wermaht g43 for tommys maybe scoped enfild upgrade ?

You mean the Recon section? Yeah that could work but it's been suggested before as well.
4 Nov 2018, 18:42 PM

I made an alternative german repair_spot. It is only an idea how it should look like, instead of the concrete bunker.

https://ibb.co/jTkbdL

4 Nov 2018, 19:29 PM

You mean the Recon section? Yeah that could work but it's been suggested before as well.

Yeah i know but really i think this commander need something or maybe just make supply drop at cp3
4 Nov 2018, 19:38 PM

I made an alternative german repair_spot. It is only an idea how it should look like, instead of the concrete bunker.

https://ibb.co/jTkbdL

That's nice, and it sort of looks like the animation of the Recovery 251 Halftrack from the All Units Mod.

But I think the trench needs to go along the tank instead of being uhm, vertical (?) to it, you know like the garage trench:

Unironically that's the same model as my car lol.

Yeah i know but really i think this commander need something or maybe just make supply drop at cp3

Agreed, I also suggested the M3 Weapons Halftrack as a mobile reinforcement point but seeing as the Forward Observation post can now reinforce there's no point in it, then there was the Artillery Officer which basically replaced it.

But yeah I do believe that the Recovery Sappers should be replaced, the doctrine already provides mortars in the air supply operation so their smoke abilities overlap a bit and the British could use the Recon Section or some other unique unit for the commander.
4 Nov 2018, 19:50 PM

That's nice, and it sort of looks like the animation of the Recovery 251 Halftrack from the All Units Mod.

But I think the trench needs to go along the tank instead of being uhm, vertical (?) to it, you know like...

Yes... but then there is the problem with the rotation... I don't know how to fix that. :P
4 Nov 2018, 20:40 PM

Yes... but then there is the problem with the rotation... I don't know how to fix that. :P

I'd contact the modding God SneakEye, he is known to lurk these good idea filled lands.

He is also the maker of All Units mod.
4 Nov 2018, 21:33 PM

I was thinking about something simmilar to wermaht g43 for tommys maybe scoped enfild upgrade ?

What about a Sten package for Tommies? Get some CQC infantry without having to go Commandos.
Maybe 3 Stens and 2 Lee Enfields à la Cons PPSH so they're still kinda decent at mid range.
5 Nov 2018, 00:58 AM

Will we be getting v1.9 this week?
PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 32
Germany 756
unknown 20
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #