Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
27 Oct 2018, 15:59 PM

The more I see of the Ostheer squad leaders, the more I wonder: what is the point of the current G43 upgrades?

Clearly, the best performance from a G43 is in a squad with just one, with all other models dealing damage while the G43 sniper picks off models.

So why give a change as monumental as five-man squads only to a single commander?

I'd say replace all G43 upgrades across all commanders that have them with squad leaders.

Because let's be honest, having a four-man squad with just two G43s accomplishes absolutely nothing in terms of changing the squad's performance, since the two remaining K98ks are a liability on the move or up close.

So this new approach of focusing on strictly ranged units having a single, potent G43 (Grenadiers and JLI) is clearly one of the most sensible changes that's been implemented in a while. It just needs to be more widespread than just a single commander.
27 Oct 2018, 16:03 PM

And we all know that this Stiger had the same range like a normal tank and mg.

Its range was over 5 kilometers, or 3 miles. So, way more range than a normal tank.

KV8 is overperforming, it should never pen a Panzer 4 over 20 range. Also the flamer is way too strong. For that armor and hp it is way too good.
27 Oct 2018, 17:57 PM

Clearly, the best performance from a G43 is in a squad with just one, with all other models dealing damage while the G43 sniper picks off models.

Only Jaeger Light Infantry Scoped Gewehr 43 acts as a sniper that crits models that have less than 70% (?) HP. It's a trait unique to this recon squad (and USF's Pathfinders).
All other Gewehr 43 upgrades deal regular rifle damage.

KV8 is overperforming, it should never pen a Panzer 4 over 20 range. Also the flamer is way too strong. For that armor and hp it is way too good.

I'm thinking its current performance is what it should be at vet 3. So it should be nerfed a bit for vet 0. That would give the German player a chance to react (produce a counter such as Panther) without having his mid game units getting wiped instantly. If there is no proper reaction and the KV-8 is allowed to vet up, it should become as good as the current iteration is imo.
27 Oct 2018, 19:57 PM

Pathies snipe at 40%, Jaegers are far more efficient at it, in spite for having only scoped rifle.
I&Rs fall in between due to having artillery and lower cost.

27 Oct 2018, 20:37 PM

If KV8 really gets that hard buff, the Commando-Panzer 4 should perform like sherman with high-explosive.

And german incendiary bombs and mortar shells should get a buff too! With 45mun one mortar shell should perform like one grenade of soviet fire-bomb-ability. And the incendiary-bombing-run of Ostheer should also perform like that ability. They are absolutely useless.

Edit: Is that a bug, or why you need to upgrade the repair-bunker? Nonsense.

Edit: Why not change the G43 upgrade? Rename it to e. g. weapon-upgrade and: Grens still get 2xG43, Pnzgrens get 1xLMG34 of Obersoldaten. Sturmtruppen get 4xG43 and Pioneers get the option for 4xK98k to become a long-range unit.
27 Oct 2018, 20:55 PM

If KV8 really gets that hard buff, the Commando-Panzer 4 should perform like sherman with high-explosive.

And german incendiary bombs and mortar shells should get a buff too! With 45mun one mortar shell should perform like one grenade of soviet fire-bomb-ability. And the incendiary-bombing-run of Ostheer should also perform like that ability. They are absolutely useless.

Edit: Is that a bug, or why you need to upgrade the repair-bunker? Nonsense.

This buff does not matter. At the time when the KV-8 comes from the Germans already have a Panther. If the KV-8 came along with the Pz-4, yes it was strong, but not OP. I think this buff will not make it more playable. On the test video, Pz-4 did not break through it, but I tried it in a test fight and it punches everything: Pz-4, Stug-3, PAK-40. Maybe this is just my experience of the game, but I still do not see the point in the KV-8, it is economically unprofitable, I would prefer to wait a bit and buy Katyusha + SU-85 - this will be more effective.
27 Oct 2018, 21:10 PM

Maybe this is just my experience of the game, but I still do not see the point in the KV-8, it is economically unprofitable, I would prefer to wait a bit and buy Katyusha + SU-85 - this will be more effective.

There are units which only perform well on some maps and KV8 is one of them. The hole AT ability is useless, better remove the hole function. You say it arrives late? So what is with StuG E? That thing arrives late. And yes, Katyusha + SU85 is better in most situations, but KV8 has the power to win a game in some sec because of broken flame-performance. And if that piece of shit can now counter StuGs...

I am sorry, but for me the patch makes some things even worse. E.g. Ost Def-Commander, waisted potential. Same for German-Infantry. And whats the semce behind 250 with MG? Ones again, a sad time for CoH.
27 Oct 2018, 21:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2018, 15:12 PMKatitof

If you actually had any clue, you would be aware the crane was mandatory to load shell to barrel from said ammo rack.
It was too heavy to do it manually.

Wrong

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/SturmTiger.php

"The most compelling feature of the Sturmtiger was its 380 mm Raketen-Werfer 61 L/5.4 breech-loading rocket launcher. Each of the projectiles were 1.5 m (4 ft 11 in) long and weighed 376 kg (829 lb) – battleship size. Therefore, manual handling was impossible and a special loading apparatus had to be created, which alone created a lot of work for the gunner and loader. The resupply process was an even more difficult exercise, which was helped by an external crane mounted over the casemate roof hatch."

The crane could only refill the casamate through the hatch, not manuver stuff inside. Loader and Gunner picked togheter the shell using a special purpose loader mechanism from the rack to the gun breech.

A realistic SturmTiger would fire 6 times before having to use the crane, with 2 rockets fired per minute, then get the rack refilled in 7 to 10 minutes.

Now go infest the shoutbox, nobody wants to hear your misinformation and ad hom, this is not kindergartner class chat.
27 Oct 2018, 21:38 PM

Going back to suggestions: yes, i think sturmtiger should be able to fire 6 times with a 30 seconds reload on the move before having to refill stationary, but when stationary at any time player should be able to order a partial refill.
28 Oct 2018, 00:19 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

nobody wants to hear your misinformation and ad hom

XD
28 Oct 2018, 00:20 AM

Only Jaeger Light Infantry Scoped Gewehr 43 acts as a sniper that crits models that have less than 70% (?) HP. It's a trait unique to this recon squad (and USF's Pathfinders).
All other Gewehr 43 upgrades deal regular rifle damage.

...what?

Then what's the point of the upgrade for Ostheer?

As far as I recall, damage-wise, the G43s Grenadiers get have just a tiny, microscopic increase to damage at medium or close range, and a bit of a boost to accuracy on the move.

How is that worth 45 munitions, let alone on only two models, creating a weird, lopsided unit that doesn't work in a unified fashion?

If that's the case, then that's all the more reason to switch all Ostheer G43 upgrades to the new five-man squad upgrade.
28 Oct 2018, 01:16 AM

...what?

As far as I recall, damage-wise, the G43s Grenadiers get have just a tiny, microscopic increase to damage at medium or close range, and a bit of a boost to accuracy on the move.

That's not true- the G43 upgrade is a huge increase to damage, and retains almost all of its DPS on the move.
For Panzergrenadiers, it decreases stationary DPS a little, but again, the moving DPS is something like 95% its stationary DPS instead of 50%.

It's an awesome upgrade that totally changes the way you use your grenadiers.
28 Oct 2018, 01:19 AM

G43s are more accurate on the move than BARs, if I remember right, it's a really good upgrade.
28 Oct 2018, 02:45 AM
28 Oct 2018, 03:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2018, 02:45 AMLuciano
Any plans on ending calliope's missery?

https://clips.twitch.tv/TangentialInnocentBaguetteCharlietheUnicorn

But it can survive 2 hits from tanks, isn't that exactly what you wanted from your 140 fuel Rocket Artillery?
28 Oct 2018, 03:33 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

28 Oct 2018, 07:51 AM

1.8 kv-8 could use some tweak to its main gun?
28 Oct 2018, 11:30 AM

...what?

No, the G43 upgrade for Grenadiers gives them almost twice as much DPS (compared to K98) close range, about 40% extra at medium ranges and still a bit higher DPS at far range. The accuracy on the move modifier is 80% rather than the K98's 50% so that's a huge increase of moving DPS. Compared to MG 42 the G43s offer much higher DPS up to range 11, but the MG 42 can't fire on the move obviously. So for whoever wants to play agressively or when the map is largely CQC, the G43s are a great upgrade. Much cheaper to get as well.
28 Oct 2018, 12:07 PM

According to this (after 11:00):

Commander revamp preview 1.8 notes review & demonstrations

kv-8 can win vs p4 on every range and can wipe 2 paks easily. Price of the unit is around 135 fuel if i recall correctly. This unit become bloody opieOP right now OR a huge price increase. Right now is really close to become a small Croc for 100 fuel less.
28 Oct 2018, 12:09 PM

I'd personally prefer it kept the meh gun, but didn't have to swap between them.
PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS