Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
25 Oct 2018, 21:47 PM

I really like 1.8! I feel very listened to.

45 is maybe a little much for a manually-planted booby trap, but not by much. 40? 35?

The reload speed buff for the KV-8 may be too much, but I'm looking forward to testing it.

I agree that Overwatch needed a little something more, but I'm not sure if Sector Airstrike making a return was the way to do it. It seems like the old "too many muni sinks" argument could still apply, but at least they have other stuff to use now too.
25 Oct 2018, 21:48 PM
Donator 33

I hope this scuttle feature finds its way to the likes of the 17 pounder, cool idea.
25 Oct 2018, 21:51 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Interesting change with KV-8! More utillity and usefull 45-mm gun! Now separate mode makes some more sence ^_^
P.S. Is it now extrafat Puma when 45-mm activated? :lol:
25 Oct 2018, 21:54 PM

P.S. Is it now extrafat Puma when 45-mm activated? :lol:

Actually, considering the damage, its Stuart heavy tank :sibHyena:
Or churchill mark 4.
25 Oct 2018, 22:20 PM

It's so it doesn't eat population when it's done its shock value and you can break it down if you feel you no longer need it for a partial refund.

I get the idea and it's good. However I do think that what the Pak 43 really needs as well in order to become more viable is a second build option that entrenches it like the 17 pounder (maybe with brace). In that case it should lose the ability to shoot through shot blockers, but it should be able to withstand indirect fire and off-maps better.

Basically this opens up a player choice to take survivability over utility, if one suspects the enemy will be able to hit it with indirect / off map.
25 Oct 2018, 22:33 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

25 Oct 2018, 22:42 PM

KV8 likely outdamage the stuart using it's 45mm.
25 Oct 2018, 23:37 PM

I hope this scuttle feature finds its way to the likes of the 17 pounder, cool idea.

That and the mortar pit. Although I think it was intended to prevent enemies from stealing the gun but it would be useful for Brit emplacements too.

The fact that JLIs are 1cp now really makes me want t0 pathfinders/IR pathfinders. I know it’s out of scope but it seems like a sensible change (that will probably have to wait until another patch but still).
25 Oct 2018, 23:52 PM

What does the change to the RNG Bombs (240mm) actually do?
Hard to say if it's a buff or a nerf.
26 Oct 2018, 00:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Correct me if this is wrong:

The changes mean that the 240mm shells will do more damage at the maximum AoE and that 240mm shell AoE has been increased by about 23%.
26 Oct 2018, 01:54 AM

JLI
-CP requirement from 2 to 1.
-Must buy their sniper rifle for 45 munitions. Requires 1 truck to be deployed.
-Squad cost from 300 to 250.
-Salvage ability now available; replaced by Thorough Salvage in Scavenge Doctrine.
what the hell i just read ???
250mp 4 mans squad with sniper rifle + bounds vs cover ?
why keep giving OKW cheap inf squad ?????
26 Oct 2018, 03:02 AM

Just a reminder - Urban defense after this patch has zero munitions sinks as a commander, on a faction that already floats munitions due to no weapons upgrades.
If offmap booby trap was that overpowered instead of nerfing them to a useless state you could've either increased their cost or just gone ahead and swapped ability back for Incendiary Barrage , it certanly not the best offmap in game but at very least it will give commander a munition sink that is neither useless nor "op"
26 Oct 2018, 03:04 AM

Like all the new changes! Good resolution with the concrete bunkers.

The only gripe I have is that I feel the gap in cost/performance is widening between pathfinders and JLI (path finders being JLI closes resemblance).
26 Oct 2018, 06:06 AM

Some feedback about "overwatch":

I really like the changes- merging goliath with "early warning" is the best possible solution to free 1 commander slot; Jaegers will be a lot more useful now and allows OKW players different build orders; bringing back Sector Assault can also be considered as a buff. THUMPS UP SO FAR!

But there is 1 major concern: To quote RoastinGhost:

I really like 1.8! I feel very listened to.
I agree that Overwatch needed a little something more, but I'm not sure if Sector Airstrike making a return was the way to do it. It seems like the old "too many muni sinks" argument could still apply, but at least they have other stuff to use now too.

Heres my idea to solve the munition problem:
"Goliath" and "Sector assault" are the strong points so "Defence of the fatherland" will not be used a lot so replace "Defence of the fatherland" with "Radio intercept"

This would have the following advantages:
  • "Radio intercept" fits extremely well to the of this doctrine
  • "Overwatch" will instantly be the best recon commander because you have battlefield recon with "early warning" AND strategic recon with "radio intercept"
  • "radio intercept" doesnt cost munition,problem solved; ammo cam be saved for "goliaths" / "Sector assault"

Commander would look like:
  • Early warning + Goliath (0CP)
  • Radio intercept (0CP)
  • Jaegers (1 CP)
  • leFh (8 CP)
  • Sector assault (10 CP)

In picking "overwatch" you would get the best axis recon commander which also offers a lot of options in all stages of the game.

26 Oct 2018, 06:08 AM

I get the idea and it's good. However I do think that what the Pak 43 really needs as well in order to become more viable is a second build option that entrenches it like the 17 pounder (maybe with brace). In that case it should lose the ability to shoot through shot blockers, but it should be able to withstand indirect fire and off-maps better.

Basically this opens up a player choice to take survivability over utility, if one suspects the enemy will be able to hit it with indirect / off map.

Actually that would make sense and pak43 in Defensive doctrine would become more unique. Cannot fire through shot blockers but it's an emplacement. Packing up if it possible would be great for the remaining pak43s in other doctrines (if it;s not out of scope)

I'm really glad that balance team used the feedback here and they put medic ability in commisar in a timer, moved Jeager to 1CP (although it would be great to see 2x shrek upgrade available as well), 1 med kit pack for 221 and Sturmtiger Hull MG no longer auto attacks enemies.

Feels good you read and use ideas we text here. :thumbsup:

PS: still think that LeFH should be replace by Sturmtiger and EliteArmor should get a Tiger I "E"
26 Oct 2018, 07:56 AM

KV-8 is still not a reliable tank. KV-8 must simultaneously shoot from the main gun and flamethrower. I looked through dozens of different articles about the KV-8 and it is nowhere written that it is impossible. This is possible - the control of the gun and the flamethrower is made by one person - the gunner; for aiming is used one sight.
26 Oct 2018, 09:17 AM

KV-8 is still not a reliable tank. KV-8 must simultaneously shoot from the main gun and flamethrower. I looked through dozens of different articles about the KV-8 and it is nowhere written that it is impossible. This is possible - the control of the gun and the flamethrower is made by one person - the gunner; for aiming is used one sight.

Both being part of the same mantlet, wouldn't it be impossible to line up the gun (flat trajectory) simultaneously with the flamethrower that needs a high trajectory to fire over range? Or could the flamethrower move up/down independently of the mantlet (like a hull MG)?
26 Oct 2018, 09:36 AM

Cannon and flamethrower - сoaxial, fire range of the flamethrower - 110 meters. The game is implemented that you can simultaneously shoot from the main gun and coaxial machine gun, although there is also different balistics.
If you look from the game point of view: the KV-8 armor is bad, it can be punched by any AT weapon. As soon as the KV-8 enters the battlefield, this is the number one target and this is an easy target. The fact that main gunwas buff was nothing - either you do a little damage to the tanks or you do damage to the infantry.
26 Oct 2018, 14:44 PM

Changes to Jaeger Light Infantry are great, they're very usable now and easy to include in opening build orders. Price might need to be a bit higher though. Perhaps 70-90 munitions for the sniper.

However I think one last tweak is required. Have been testing them a bit I noticed they take absolutely ages to vet up, especially because they can not damage vehicles in any way. They are barely vet2 after 20-30 kills. Lowering the vet requirements a bit would be good.

Also for what its worth: OKW Pak 43 (still) uses Ostheer models for crew. Now that it's part of the revamp it might be a nice opportunity to fix that.
26 Oct 2018, 15:35 PM

I'm okay with the KV-1 not shooting both weapons at the same time. If you want a heavy tank with a better gun go get a Kv-1.

PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS