Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
18 Oct 2018, 16:25 PM

If it's not feedback for the revamp please take it elsewhere.

Back on topic, if we could get an update as to the direction the team is leaning towards for commanders like Overwatch it'd be helpful. Right now we're just going around in circles, echoing similar ideas.
18 Oct 2018, 16:30 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2018, 16:25 PMSully
If it's not feedback for the revamp please take it elsewhere.

Back on topic, if we could get an update as to the direction the team is leaning towards for commanders like Overwatch it'd be helpful. Right now we're just going around in circles, echoing similar ideas.

We are thinking about to make a change on Overwatch again. Also about kv8 and the new bunker from wehrmacht
So pls wait until next week, because we are waiting for the Cupfinal is done.
18 Oct 2018, 16:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Offtopic commnets invis. Take it to the other thread if you so desire.
18 Oct 2018, 16:51 PM

We are thinking about to make a change on Overwatch again. Also about kv8 and the new bunker from wehrmacht

Alright, but is there a specific area or idea you guys want us to focus feedback on? Direction would be helpful.
18 Oct 2018, 17:03 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think Overwatch could use a copy of sector artillery rather than leFH.

I also think KV-8 should be allowed to fire it's weak gun while also using the flamethrower, like the Crocodile. It's such a weak gun against armor anyway and the flamethrower is so much better vs infantry, so I don't see the point of the weapon toggle. It's the only vehicle in the game with a largely unused fire mode.
18 Oct 2018, 17:09 PM

What about the Sturmtiger? It's basically the dead weight in Elite Armor now, I'd go as far as to say that even the 221/223 overshadows it.
18 Oct 2018, 17:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2018, 17:03 PMKasarov

I also think KV-8 should be allowed to fire it's weak gun while also using the flamethrower, like the Crocodile. It's such a weak gun against armor anyway and the flamethrower is so much better vs infantry, so I don't see the point of the weapon toggle. It's the only vehicle in the game with a largely unused fire mode.

Seconded on the KV-8. That's a very straightforward, simple buff that saves a bit of micro.
18 Oct 2018, 17:27 PM

I suggested simultaneous use the gun and flamethrower from the KV-8 two years ago. And then I was told that this is a total OP. Now that this is a small buff.
18 Oct 2018, 18:36 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

What about the Sturmtiger? It's basically the dead weight in Elite Armor now, I'd go as far as to say that even the 221/223 overshadows it.

Why you don't like the new sturmtiger?

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2018, 16:51 PMSully

Alright, but is there a specific area or idea you guys want us to focus feedback on? Direction would be helpful.

Ideas for kv8

Yes maybe something like sector artillery.

About kv8 as croco. I am against it. Since it comes way earlier then croco. But i see your points
18 Oct 2018, 18:44 PM

What can you possibly do to KV-8 other than allowing it's 45mm and flamethrower use at same time? It's not like with 50 pen and 80 damage it would be a threat to anything other than werfers and stukas by the time it comes out
18 Oct 2018, 18:50 PM

Personally I find it pretty good now, it now does more constant damage rather than being a nuke cannon and it can actually vet up. Good changes so far. Could use some more QoL improvements, that I listed about two pages back. Along with other feedback about Elite Armor and Overwatch.
https://www.coh2.org/topic/82176/feedback-for-commander-revamppatch/post/704939

I don't understand though why it should share the limit with the King Tiger. For the Command Panther I can understand, because these two combined would be terrifying for enemy armor and infantry alike. The Sturmtiger is a completely different vehicle however. It already isn't used much, and the limit might even further decrease its popularity.
18 Oct 2018, 18:58 PM

Ideas for kv8

Sander pretty much said it all, the ST's MG revealing it's position in the fog of war right before the ST is about to fire, the rocket hitting some small obstacle which detonates it prematurely which often means a wasted shot and in general clumsiness of the unit since it's basically the Churchill AVRE but without a turret and has a long manual reload, plus it's prone to abuse of decrewing it on purpose to either get a KT or another Sturmtiger (for whatever reason).

I still think that giving it a long range version of the KV2's siege mode would make it very unique and useful but then again my idea also revolves around it still being prone to decrew while reloading so people could continue to abuse that.

But currently there is no reason in hell for anybody to really choose this over the KT except if you're feeling extremely cheeky and have nothing really to lose.
18 Oct 2018, 19:00 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

About kv8 as croco. I am against it. Since it comes way earlier then croco. But i see your points

I think that the gun's AoE and RoF can be balanced separately if it does end up being too effective against infantry, but somehow I highly doubt that. The only thing it really poses a threat to is light vehicles, but why wouldn't a heavy vehicle be able to deal with them anyway, and why would anyone use light vehicles against a KV-8?
18 Oct 2018, 19:11 PM

I liked Sturmtiger before this update cuz you know, it's Sturmtiger but now it's so much better, the larger splash, supression, longer nade range and moving while reloading at vet 0, easier vetting up. Everything is so much better than before and i don't feel like i'm wasting fuel buying it.

Elite Armour and Overwatch were my favourite doctrines before this update because of Sturmtiger and Goliaths, but i didn't really play them much because in Elite Armour it was pretty much just HEAT shells and in Overwatch it was just Goliaths that were usefull. But now i will definitly play them both all the time once the patch gets into the multiplayer matchmaking.

2 things i would change is to make it not be able to get decrewed while reloading . Or at least if it's possible make it that it cannot be decrewed after the animation ends (After those guys hide inside but reloading is still in progress) and the second thing - MG revealing it's position, either make a hold fire button, or even remove the MG as it's not doing that much anyway and you probably have some AI stuff nearby.

Also 1 thing, i pointed it out on the Bug reporting forum but i wasn't answered, description of Sturmtigers Vet 4 tells it increases it's main gun range but instead it increases sight range. I would like it if it was changed to main gun range, or at least change the description as it's misleading.

And for the kv8, i didn't use it almost at all but as suggested before, i think it should be able to use both flamethrower and main gun at once, crocodile can so why kv8 shouldn't? It would make using it much easier and less annoying cuz you wouldn't have to change it all the time and wouldn't be a huge buff as it's gun isn't really that powerfull.
18 Oct 2018, 19:39 PM

Then overwatch would be way too much of a muni strain. You couldn't use it because of goliath and vice versa.

In regards to KV-8, that's not possible, because contrary to churchill croc, KV-8 uses same barrel for cannon and flamer, while churchills flamer was mounted on the hull. Yes, soviets literally plugged fuel hose to gun barrel and started going wild with it.

It however could go same way as churchill went and its cannon could be improved.
Not damage obviously, but I'd personally go with either RoF or penetration. Its more obvious way then buffing flamer in any way and with its new vet, its durable enough once it reaches it.
18 Oct 2018, 19:43 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2018, 19:39 PMKatitof

In regards to KV-8, that's not possible, because contrary to churchill croc, KV-8 uses same barrel for cannon and flamer, while churchills flamer was mounted on the hull. Yes, soviets literally plugged fuel hose to gun barrel and started going wild with it.

It however could go same way as churchill went and its cannon could be improved.
Not damage obviously, but I'd personally go with either RoF or penetration. Its more obvious way then buffing flamer in any way and with its new vet, its durable enough once it reaches it.

I could've sworn the flamethrower just replaced the coaxial and not the main gun. I wouldn't think the KV-8 would even be able to swap to the main gun at all if it really used the main gun barrel.
18 Oct 2018, 19:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2018, 19:43 PMKasarov

I could've sworn the flamethrower just replaced the coaxial and not the main gun. I wouldn't think the KV-8 would even be able to swap to the main gun at all if it really used the main gun barrel.

It does in fact replace the coaxial.

Also: I am in favor of Overwatch getting the Jagdtiger. Heck, I wanted them to steal Panzerfusiliers from Breakthrough as well.
18 Oct 2018, 19:50 PM

Yes maybe something like sector artillery.

As Sander said: We like the changes of the Sturmtiger (and in Elite Armor in generel) but feel the unit would be better fit to "overwatch" replacing the leFh. If you dont want to move the Sturmtiger, fine, but I personally don't think that sector arty is enough to make "overwatch" doctrine worthwhile.
Would the mod team consider ideas like giving Sturms the option to lay tellers / build demos (merged with goliath to "demolitian experts" ability) or - as Stark suggested- giving Jaegers upgrade option for 2 Schrecks?

PAGES (107)down
4 users are browsing this thread: 4 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS