Login

russian armor

Spring Update - Balance thread

PAGES (23)down
18 May 2018, 11:01 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

so they kept the nerfed stug and panther but reverted the to 60 range the jackson, obviusly this WON'T cause any balance problem right ? it's not like the jackson dominated ost until now right ?

where does it says jackson got more range?
and panther nerf? i think its a buff for the panther
18 May 2018, 11:08 AM

where does it says jackson got more range?
and panther nerf? i think its a buff for the panther

Jackson
We are removing the M36’s extra sight bonuses. The Jackson will still be an effective tank destroyer due to its high mobility, penetration, range and damage.
• Sight reduced from 40 to 35
• Veterancy 2 sight bonus removed

only sight reduction the range is still 60 (on the previus notes was 55), and by doing some math u will see that panther has around 34 less armor at vet 2 and cost more (if it was 25 % more armor at vet 2 then it would be fair)
18 May 2018, 11:12 AM

Jackson
We are removing the M36’s extra sight bonuses. The Jackson will still be an effective tank destroyer due to its high mobility, penetration, range and damage.

only sight reduction the range is still 60 (on the previus notes was 55), and by doing some math u will see that panther has around 34 less armor at vet 2 and cost more (if it was 25 % more armor at vet 2 then it would be fair)

Jackson range has actually been reduced to 55, despite the patchnotes not mentioning it.
Check out the Spring Ninja thread.
18 May 2018, 11:14 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Jackson

"Jackson far range was moved from 60 to 55, very slightly nerfing pen and accuracy for ranges 30-59"

and btw in most cases you can't play with the max range anway.
18 May 2018, 11:17 AM

"Jackson far range was moved from 60 to 55, very slightly nerfing pen and accuracy for ranges 30-59"

and btw in most cases you can't play with the max range anway.
far range is not the range, that's just the accuracy he gets at range so now it would be 0.002 less accurate ?
18 May 2018, 11:18 AM

Jackson range has actually been reduced to 55, despite the patchnotes not mentioning it.
Check out the Spring Ninja thread.
thats just the far range accuracy range is still 60
18 May 2018, 18:26 PM

soooo, is the Jackson supposed to be 55 or 60 range? cuz it seems the idea of it being 55 range was reverted back to 60 but in the live game after the patch its 55? wtf is going on lol
18 May 2018, 18:39 PM

60 range with less accuracy then before.
18 May 2018, 20:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2018, 02:18 AMdbmb
Initial reactions from reading:

• 222 overbuffed. All it needed was a boost to anti-sniper capability, which it got elsewhere
  • BOIS Anti-Tank Infantry Sections overnerfed. Lower squad size and no upgrades makes them dead weight
  • 6 pounder nerf was completely unnecessary
  • Lower cap speed + increased fuel squad size for Infantry Squads feels like an overnerf
  • Emplacements are probably useless with the new anti-building mortars
  • 1.5 accuracy multiplier vs snipers should be applied to bren, scout car, and kubel if it hasn't been already

I absolutely agree with you.
18 May 2018, 23:13 PM

Every patch making a game more balanced, but the balance becomes symmetrical.
Do you remember when OKW and sov had a different tiers? Do you remember what OKW could pump resources? Do you remember a ostheer vet ability in elite doc? Do you remember a many call-in units for every faction? Remember a shrekvolks? Do you remember a stug with good accuracy against inf? And do you remember all another stuff what was removed and changed for making a "mirror" balance?
And now I see a 1-men sov sniper and another stuff just removed (like a squad formation).

3 years ago CoH2 had much worse balance than now, but that balance was assymetrical and more interesting to play. I will never again could play a game what I remember, and its making me sad.
Not
18 May 2018, 23:43 PM

Last thing we need now is SOV and OST heal that works in area, not for each single soldier, that is currently buggy.
19 May 2018, 01:33 AM

Mortar nerfs? What mortar nerfs? USF mortar appears to be wiping units with the first 2 shells fired.
19 May 2018, 10:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2018, 18:39 PMKatitof
60 range with SAME accuracy then before.
fixed for ya
19 May 2018, 10:40 AM

Every patch making a game more balanced, but the balance becomes symmetrical.
Do you remember when OKW and sov had a different tiers? Do you remember what OKW could pump resources? Do you remember a ostheer vet ability in elite doc? Do you remember a many call-in units for every faction? Remember a shrekvolks? Do you remember a stug with good accuracy against inf? And do you remember all another stuff what was removed and changed for making a "mirror" balance?
And now I see a 1-men sov sniper and another stuff just removed (like a squad formation).

3 years ago CoH2 had much worse balance than now, but that balance was assymetrical and more interesting to play. I will never again could play a game what I remember, and its making me sad.

I agree, for greater boredom and uninterest, it remains to add absolutely symmetrical maps
19 May 2018, 11:35 AM

I agree, for greater boredom and uninterest, it remains to add absolutely symmetrical maps

+ 1

The game now is as boring as shit, it really is. The other thing is all the effort put in to make the game more diverse has just failed on an epic level. Instead every game is just played almost exactly the same by almost every faction. Its sad. You can literally pause the game and look at the units each side has and they will be almost identical.

19 May 2018, 12:20 PM

+ 1

The game now is as boring as shit, it really is. The other thing is all the effort put in to make the game more diverse has just failed on an epic level. Instead every game is just played almost exactly the same by almost every faction. Its sad. You can literally pause the game and look at the units each side has and they will be almost identical.

The problem is what they changing mechanics, not numbers. Its easyly to remove unbalanced things, than balancing them.
In last patches we lost a unique mechanics of a paks like a stun-shot. There will be better to change a duration of a ability and cost, but they just change a mechanic.
And the same stuff was with a vet wehr ability - they had to change the cost and forbid giving it to the allies, but they just removed it.
The same stuff was with a penal flamer and volk shreks - change a cost, change a damage, but save a unique mechanic in the game, but they dont think so.
And the same stuff happened much more times before like a kubel-HMG, tank-destroyer for all faction mechanic, abilities of ISU-152 and Elefant, remowing a AC221 and other.

Now you can just play the same build orders for every factions and it will work, so I agree with you - you can just a pause the game and all units what you will see will be +/- the same on the both sides.
31 May 2018, 09:00 AM

Relic has long since removed any distinction between the factions, best to just skip the foreplay and just make 5 mirror copies where the only difference is artwork.

Even the maps have suffered, playing on a winter version of a map used to mean something, in that you could freeze and had to plan around it and blizzards. Now the only difference is visual, very boring.
31 May 2018, 14:50 PM

What i would like to see:
First of all - proper Matchmaking.
manuel reload from HMGs
fixing some Vet requirements
reworking some commanders

OKW:
221 back (or 223) and able to setup to work as caches.
Jäger Light Recon Vet 1 (Suppressing Volley with G43 as in CoH1)
OKW leFH 18 given proper vet 4 & 5 bonuses
le.IG direct fire, indirect fire range reduced to mortar level

Ostheer:
SdKfz250 armor improved
Assault Grenadiers (better RA)
Artillery Field Officer's Coordinated Barrage ability expanded to use available USF, OKW or British indirect-fire units

Brits:
Centaur nerfed (far to deadly) - compared to Ostwind or other 20mm

It is not all, especially Allies are missing but i am currently not home and that is what comes to my mind currently.
2 Jun 2018, 06:08 AM

222 Scout car is way overpowered now. Way too much killing power for it's cost. Lots of n00bs with poor records with other factions are spiking up by car spam.
2 Jun 2018, 09:16 AM

222 Scout car is way overpowered now. Way too much killing power for it's cost. Lots of n00bs with poor records with other factions are spiking up by car spam.

Not really.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight