Login

russian armor

Spring Update - Balance thread

PAGES (23)down
12 May 2018, 04:46 AM

I don't understand why they don't eliminate all the interesting differences between the factions and just make 4 copies of the same bland army where the only differences are the available camo bulletins.

Clearly that is the direction they are taking the game and they should just dispense with the foreplay and go all the way. That way I can move on to other games, this one has been going downhill ever since the OKW 'normalization' changes started last year.
12 May 2018, 10:48 AM

I know I'm going to sound rude and I say this in every balance patch thread, but can't you guys just leave the damn game alone already? It's five years old and doesn't need sweeping changes like this. You should have left the balance as it was several patches ago. This patch is a major disappointment, quite frankly. There are so many unwarranted and overbearing changes. There actually are some changes I'd like to see, too, but instead I mostly get changes I hate.

Why change the katyusha now? It's not overpowered, it never has been. Why change the Soviet sniper now, after 5 years? Now it's just turning into the same thing as every other sniper.

You guys are making the Jackson yet another typical tank destroyer instead of the long range glass cannon, which was far more unique. Not it's just...a heavier wolverine. Maybe it's better for "balance," maybe it isn't. All I know is it made the game far more homogeneous and boring.

Why would you take Volks' incendiary until an HQ building, while at the same time nerfing the timing of the medic truck? Wasn't nerfing volks last patch enough? What on earth are you supposed to do against buildings now? Is there a single OKW unit you won't nerf? I'm not convinced, given the previous patch nerfed bloody everything in OKW's arsenal all at once. We can't even have a bloody kubelwagon that doesn't die to a breeze in the wind; god forbid OKW gets to have anything early game.

And nerfing hull down? Seriously? Who asked for this? Who even uses it, ever? The changes to hull down read like they're straight out of a corrupt-a-wish thread. You buffed the speed, woo hoo, but then you remove the biggest reason to use it. Ridiculous change.

The few changes I'm happy to see (like the Cromwell) are just reversions of old nerfs that shouldn't have even made it into the game in the first place.

I'm this close to just uninstalling the game because I'm sick of it being meddled with unnecessarily.
12 May 2018, 11:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2018, 10:48 AMKothre
I know I'm going to sound rude and I say this in every balance patch thread, but can't you guys just leave the damn game alone already? It's five years old and doesn't need sweeping changes like this. You should have left the balance as it was several patches ago. This patch is a major disappointment, quite frankly. There are so many unwarranted and overbearing changes. There actually are some changes I'd like to see, too, but instead I mostly get changes I hate.

Why change the katyusha now? It's not overpowered, it never has been. Why change the Soviet sniper now, after 5 years? Now it's just turning into the same thing as every other sniper.

You guys are making the Jackson yet another typical tank destroyer instead of the long range glass cannon, which was far more unique. Not it's just...a heavier wolverine. Maybe it's better for "balance," maybe it isn't. All I know is it made the game far more homogeneous and boring.

Why would you take Volks' incendiary until an HQ building, while at the same time nerfing the timing of the medic truck? Wasn't nerfing volks last patch enough? What on earth are you supposed to do against buildings now? Is there a single OKW unit you won't nerf? I'm not convinced, given the previous patch nerfed bloody everything in OKW's arsenal all at once. We can't even have a bloody kubelwagon that doesn't die to a breeze in the wind; god forbid OKW gets to have anything early game.

And nerfing hull down? Seriously? Who asked for this? Who even uses it, ever? The changes to hull down read like they're straight out of a corrupt-a-wish thread. You buffed the speed, woo hoo, but then you remove the biggest reason to use it. Ridiculous change.

The few changes I'm happy to see (like the Cromwell) are just reversions of old nerfs that shouldn't have even made it into the game in the first place.

I'm this close to just uninstalling the game because I'm sick of it being meddled with unnecessarily.

And ignore units that really need changes: Shock troops, IS-2, etc.
12 May 2018, 13:35 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2018, 04:46 AMCulainn
I don't understand why they don't eliminate all the interesting differences between the factions and just make 4 copies of the same bland army where the only differences are the available camo bulletins.

Clearly that is the direction they are taking the game and they should just dispense with the foreplay and go all the way. That way I can move on to other games, this one has been going downhill ever since the OKW 'normalization' changes started last year.

Ballancers won't do that becouse they lie to themselves that this is not the direction they are taking. But you are right, this actually was the direction of every change that was forced by community. And it was like that even back in 2013.
17 May 2018, 00:43 AM

Final Patch have Live at tomorrow
Ppsh-41 back to 3 Ppsh-41 but more MU 40>60

I see pack howi litte buff i hope it ok
17 May 2018, 02:14 AM

Do Panther changes(HP/Armor/Vet2 Bonus) apply to Command Panther?
17 May 2018, 16:57 PM

Poor useless shock troops, you again have no buff
17 May 2018, 17:41 PM

Poor useless shock troops, you again have no buff

Yea but the greyhound now requires 10 shots to kill a luchs instead of 7 beacuse we know that that light car was just too much for the tank to handle
17 May 2018, 21:53 PM
Patrion 14

Found a first bug.

Raid (both for Recon and Mechanised Company) can only be enabled once and is then always active. The increased sight range for infantry seems to apply permanently after the ability is activated. The ability for light vehicles to cap expires after the normal period but the symbol above the unit remains also indefinitely. The vehicle portrait will also still indicate that raid is still active, the vehicle however can't capture territory anymore.

The ability is permanently on and cannot be deactivated. This is also reflected by the ability icon.

The ability description has also changed and only mentions that light vehicles can capture territory.
17 May 2018, 22:13 PM

Found a first bug.

Raid (both for Recon and Mechanised Company) can only be enabled once and is then always active. The increased sight range for infantry seems to apply permanently after the ability is activated. The ability for light vehicles to cap expires after the normal period but the symbol above the unit remains also indefinitely. The vehicle portrait will also still indicate that raid is still active, the vehicle however can't capture territory anymore.

The ability is permanently on and cannot be deactivated. This is also reflected by the ability icon.

The ability description has also changed and only mentions that light vehicles can capture territory.

That's because its a passive ability now and is like that since previous patch.
edit: or maybe not, skimming previous notes
17 May 2018, 22:14 PM
Patrion 14

No it wasn't and no it's not ;)

You don't get to permanently have increased sight on every infantry unit ;) Believe me, I know the ability, I used it a lot.

If you read the text you'd also realise that it must be broken whether you know the ability or not since it doesn't work after first use to capture territory with vehicles.
17 May 2018, 22:17 PM

No it wasn't and no it's not ;)

You don't get to permanently have increased sight on every infantry unit ;) Believe me, I know the ability, I used it a lot.

If you read the text you'd also realise that it must be broken whether you know the ability or not since it doesn't work after first use to capture territory with vehicles.

Some other change that did not go through was skulking at the back of my head.
17 May 2018, 22:22 PM

This patch marked a return to the Relic that always provided a lot of entertainment on patch days.

Ninjas:

Soviets:

Guard squad require 3 cps (will be shown as 2cps in commander selection menus and tooltips, but you will not be able to call the squad in without 3cps)

Guard and Penal PTRS lost their extra 13 damage they were doing against buildings, so their DPS against buildings is nearly halved. Conscript PTRS not affected, though got its deflection damage nerfed like the others.

USF:

Jackson far range was moved from 60 to 55, very slightly nerfing pen and accuracy for ranges 30-59

Pack Howitzer Heat Barrage damage per round from 160 to 120, aoe near from 1 to 0.85

USF 81mm barrage angle scatter increased from 9 to 10 and distance scatter max from 8 to 9
USF 81mm auto-attack distance scatter ratio from 0.08 to 0.0875

Recon Company Raid Tactics ability will now last forever, giving all infantry units +7 vision for the rest of the match. Vehicles will lose their capping ability after 45 seconds of being manned, but decrewing and recrewing will give it back again.

Brits:

Universal Carrier front armor is actually 8 instead of 7 like in notes, rear armor is 4.1 correctly

Vickers K got an accuracy nerf like bren gun but still 60 muni

Bren gun mid range not changed.

Patchers forgot to change the weapon checked for sapper double LMG limitation so now they can equip two brens from racks again.

OKW:

Panther and Panzer IV also got a 50% accuracy increase on one of their MGs against snipers as the same MG is used on them as on the Luchs

Valiant Assault recharge time from 60 to 120 seconds

Volksgrenadier flame nades require you to have bought an SWS, doesn't need to be setup

Ost:

Ostwind on hulldown also lost it's -50% cooldown in addition to the reload removal that affects other vehicles
17 May 2018, 22:25 PM
Patrion 14

Cruzz, I was just going through the attribute editor. How are you this quick? You found all, while I found only one :D
17 May 2018, 22:37 PM
Donator 11

I think cruzz post should be a separate thread, not to be buried in this long thread under next 300 posts.

EDIT: there is a thread now: https://www.coh2.org/topic/70952/spring-ninjas
18 May 2018, 02:09 AM

Oh wow lots of bugs. Sure is a good thing nobody tested it...
18 May 2018, 02:39 AM

So, those changes are unintended or not?
The ones not in the patch notes I mean, the bugs clearly need to be squashed.
18 May 2018, 10:20 AM

did they forget to change the bren cost on brits forward outpost? its still 60 muni
18 May 2018, 10:50 AM

so they kept the nerfed stug and panther but reverted the to 60 range the jackson, obviusly this WON'T cause any balance problem right ? it's not like the jackson dominated ost until now right ?
18 May 2018, 10:59 AM

If you played the game, you'll notice that Jackson's range has changed for the worse.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS