Login

russian armor

Spring Update - Balance thread

PAGES (23)down
19 Apr 2018, 10:56 AM

Just because someone is good at COH2 doesn´t mean he knows how to balance the game. Some "elite" players "balancing" the game behind closed curtains just doesn´t feel like a very good idea. Everyone who disagrees with them is labeled a bad player, troll, fanboy etc. Having great micro and abusing the latest op meta strats doesn´t make you great at balancing the game. I bet there are tons of people who know/understand more about the game than our last tourney winners.

The patch as it is right now is just not very good. Unfortunately no one listens to valid points people make because of ranks etc.

Why even make this thread if every valid point someone makes just ends in "best players contributed to patch bla bla bla"...

Just gets to show you how elitist the COH2 community is...Which is kind of ironic because winning some COH2 tournament is basically meaningless. "Elite COH2 players" should come down from their high horses IMO. You guys are not some SC2, LOL, DOTA2, CS stars...

To be good at coh you dont need good micro, you need pratical knowledge about the game. How to use units, cover.

If youre low rank you probably dont understand how to play coh in general, not that your micro is bad.
19 Apr 2018, 11:00 AM

To be good at coh you dont need good micro, you need pratical knowledge about the game. How to use units, cover.

If youre low rank you probably dont understand how to play coh in general, not that your micro is bad.

This.

This is also why People with most 'balance' Problems are alway 4 Digit below 1 WL People of one faction.
You limit yourself to tiny part of the game and refuse to learn even that tiny part, you can have best micro in the world and you will still suck, because you will try to use gren blob against tanks, which is not that rare from bottom tier players who spam balance threads.
19 Apr 2018, 11:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2018, 11:00 AMKatitof

This.

This is also why People with most 'balance' Problems are alway 4 Digit below 1 WL People of one faction.
You limit yourself to tiny part of the game and refuse to learn even that tiny part, you can have best micro in the world and you will still suck, because you will try to use gren blob against tanks, which is not that rare from bottom tier players who spam balance threads.

and so we should listen to people like you who don't even play the game, ok cool.
19 Apr 2018, 11:11 AM

That´s just wrong. If you have 10 APM micro and can´t keep track of all the fights going on around the map or what your units are doing etc. you cant win games. All the knowledge in the world won´t win you games.
I simly do not believe that say a rank 100 player automatically has less knowledge about the game as a rank 10 player.
19 Apr 2018, 11:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2018, 11:01 AMAlphrum

and so we should listen to people like you who don't even play the game, ok cool.

I did fight against rank 1 and rank 2 Players in my most played game mode and beat them together with Zarok. Neither of us is a top 10 player.
Did you?

I am living example that knowing how to use shit bests your ability to click 400 times a minute.
Despite me playing rarely, I was never below 400 rank.

You should listen to people who actually understand the game, it does not directly translate to high ranks, but it helps.

Also, neither of the modders who do the changes is a top player, so yeah, you should listen to people with a clue, even if their personal ability limits them in ranks. Its too easy to spot the ones who do not have any idea on how to play as they usually advocate for exclusively one faction buffs and all other nerfs, ullumulu would be a dictrionary example of that.
19 Apr 2018, 11:17 AM

You look like person who know somthing. So tell to us, what ranks of players can criticize, how many hours thay must have to do it ? And what another must to do, just look that some kind of abusers (suggested by the literal best players that this community has) you must write there names, if you use them like proofs to defend but not explaine patch changes. I think community must know heroes, specially part that are 2k ranks players and dont play game.
You guys use same logic taht close to Hainlaine books, where if you dont was in army, you dont have civil rights. For our community its more looks like part of nazi or rasism. Not top ???? 5 ? 10 ? 20 ? 50 ? You opinion are nothing untermench ? So tell to us Jae, how many top players watch you in tounreys ? 5 or 10 ? or maybe it was hundreds of regular players ?
Thanks, nice to know that in balance team are part of elite nazi players, that win 0 in Esport coh, but exhibit themselves like navel of Earth.
Wow, you say tourneys winners, so its must be DevM, Noggano, VonIvan, Jove, Barton, Luvnest, Paula ? How many time thay spend for it, coz thay study, work ? Or thay just make signature (good/bad changes) ?
Back again with few words, so this top players and tounrey winners are so good, so thay cannot push retreut buttno from katysha shoot, but dont have same problem with stuka and PW ? Did thay are best after this ?
Also constructors of planes are not best pilots, but best pilots are not constructors.

Agree 100%
19 Apr 2018, 11:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2018, 10:01 AMLago

The M20 Utility Car's MG was never really a threat to it: its method of countering the 222 is mines and the crew bazooka, neither of which will be affected much by the armour change.

The AAHT has an autocannon which might be a little less effective at killing 222s now. You can usually get some RE bazookas out by the time you get the AAHT out.

Most of the 222's counters are AT weapons that shouldn't be hampered too much. It just won't be killed by infantry now.

I haven't been clear but I wasn't refereeing to the armor change but the price. Like many people already say in this thread, 444 and 666 are going to be meta at that price. For such a cheap price you are going to roam the battlefield with 2 or 3 222 with no fear of anything.

I'll not speak for UKF but as USF those changes combined together mean that you must invest yes or yes your early fuel to unlock zooks or must go lacklust T2 first to get an ATgun. That's the main issue with the USF gameplay design, USF lack of AT solution on the early game. Should the M1 ATG being tied to T0 after unlocking T1 or T2, I wouldn't care that much.

Now I'm not going crazy about it since changes are most likely going to evolve.
19 Apr 2018, 11:40 AM

snip

Do you know if there is a "set in stone" date for when the preview changes have to be finalized and ready for the live version?

I can only hope it is well before the holiday season starts so there will be a possibility of releasing hotfixes if any game breaking features occur.
19 Apr 2018, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2018, 11:27 AMEsxile

I haven't been clear but I wasn't refereeing to the armor change but the price. Like many people already say in this thread, 444 and 666 are going to be meta at that price. For such a cheap price you are going to roam the battlefield with 2 or 3 222 with no fear of anything.

I'll not speak for UKF but as USF those changes combined together mean that you must invest yes or yes your early fuel to unlock zooks or must go lacklust T2 first to get an ATgun. That's the main issue with the USF gameplay design, USF lack of AT solution on the early game. Should the M1 ATG being tied to T0 after unlocking T1 or T2, I wouldn't care that much.

Now I'm not going crazy about it since changes are most likely going to evolve.

oh damnnnn, usf actually have to be the ones reacting for once and investing resources to counter OST strat, damn should always be the other way round right?
19 Apr 2018, 11:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2018, 11:43 AMAlphrum

oh damnnnn, usf actually have to be the ones reacting for once and investing resources to counter OST strat, damn should always be the other way round right?

Considering the options USF can field vs the options ost can field before med tank phase.... one of these factions seems much more reactive then other.

Hint
19 Apr 2018, 11:54 AM

Best of M20 is lay Best AT mine in the game
any tank will hit will immobile and hard to escape it
But other role Fight HMG ? Soft counter Flame Halftrack
Destory bunker ( by pass it and decrew and use bazooka to job done )?
Recon (should hold fire dont spot any AT gun)

222 MP cost reduce for replace easier in late game
But M20 is cannot (not reason AT mine harm Axis plz)
19 Apr 2018, 12:06 PM

Permanently Banned

To use covers dont need micro. In coh main recourse is mind, how fast you think, clicks of mouse are not in first level. Coz when you sit at house where are demo, dosnt matter how fast you are, but if you use sweeeper its talk more. In some situation ofc faster player will be have advantage. But i dont think that its a different that make opinion of faster player better then slow mo player.
People can be slow in game to think and not fast to click, coz its physiology. Why same hight, weight football, basketball players have different skills ? Do you think that faster APM player will be always win vs more slow player ?
Yes, more low ranks player can less undestand game coz they are more then top players, not all know how to play, thay spend less time for playing, knowledge. But comon, i dont think taht top 10 player like Ceaser know about game more then regular 1k player.
19 Apr 2018, 12:06 PM

i'm already enjoying my double 222, can't wait to use the buffed ones.
thank god for the sov sniper change
MMX
19 Apr 2018, 12:24 PM

The Panther armour hp change is a buff. If you really cant comprehend that youre a moron

to be precise, it is a buff only in case of fighting against targets with high pen to begin with, which had the chance (eg ~15% for vet0 and ~55% vet3 jackson @ max range) to kill the old panther in 5 hits. for mediums with lower pen values it is barely noticable. but it does remove some of the randomness and that's surely not for the worst
19 Apr 2018, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2018, 11:27 AMEsxile

Should the M1 ATG being tied to T0 after unlocking T1 or T2

i dream about it but it will probably never happen like sexton buff :guyokay:
19 Apr 2018, 13:03 PM

Ive seen people who have influence over the notes say in this thread that the intention of the sov sniper change is to make infantry flanks more effective agaisnt sov sniper.

This change can be done by increasing its received accuracy. What the one man change actually does does is it makes the soviet sniper vulnerable to countersnipes.

If it is so important that countersnipes are a level playing field for all factions then surely all factions should have access to a sniper? It also makes more sense that infantry flanks are more an effective counter to sov sniper rather than countersnipes, because then both axis factions have access to it as a counter rather than only ost who can cou tersnipe.

Its a homogenisation and the rationale goven for it isnt that strong imo. Just nerf ots received accuracy and keep 2 man.
19 Apr 2018, 13:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Meanwhile, the Greyhound takes zero shots to kill with rifles, because it DOESN'T TAKE BULLET DAMAGE.

"Between armored cars and light armor"?? The 222 IS supposed to be an armored car. I don't understand this absurd insistance on keeping it unviable by making it take damage from bullets. There WHOLE point of ANY kind of light armored vehicle is to harass infantry. If it can't do that, there is absolutely no reason to use it.

Might be because it's a doctrinal vehicle which arrives minutes later and cost double the fuel ?

222 is there to counter all those pesky vehicles which arrives earlier or at the same time, (Bren, Clowncar, Dodge, M20) while soft dealing with anything which can comes later (Greyhound, AEC, T70, AAHT).
You want the unit to provide something which is not designed for, due to arrival time or cost. YOU don't find any use out of it, shame. There are other people who use it previously, use it now and will use it even more after the buffs.

19 Apr 2018, 13:57 PM

As a reasonably hot topic already, lets not make things any hotter please. Reserve some of your language and insults for when you get heckled on Twitch by your viewers (I'd say on the street but no one here goes outside :snfPeter: )
19 Apr 2018, 14:05 PM

i would have wanted cromwell to get better moving accuracy.

We tried to push more changes for the Cromwell but it is not on scope atm.

The global Mortar nerfs I like. Though I guess it would be better to nerf the accuracy rather than the RoF, since sudden mortar wipes and consistent damage without bleed are a problem. It supposed to be a dislocation tool rather than a steady bleed tool. Which will remain the same with mortar spam.

Lot of us brought the scatter nerf, but we've been told that theres is a litte gap between useful and useless mortar if you touch the scatter, so the better decision was changing the rate of fire.

This change can be done by increasing its received accuracy. What the one man change actually does does is it makes the soviet sniper vulnerable to countersnipes.

RA was changed on previous patches, snipers have a model size of 1.5.
PAGES (23)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS