Login

russian armor

Spring Update - Balance thread

PAGES (23)down
18 Apr 2018, 10:20 AM

So like brits, but 3 times instead of infinite that is still going to be in your base since medpacks cant move around like IS and you'd have to march units to their exact position each time, not to mention the risk of feeding them to your enemy if you dare to pop those anywhere near the frontline?
Yep, still trash. Every other faction's healing is a fixed cost purchase that you are more or less done with once you've spent resources on it. There is no reason for OKW to have this stupid "build T1 or constantly bleed muni" system.

You cant compare stuff like that 1:1...It´s asymetrical balance. OKW needs T1 for healing. But they get MG and Rak in T0. Unlike USF who usually either has LT or CPT. So they either have MG or AT-gun but not both.

18 Apr 2018, 10:21 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Cool changes! Nice to see it still being patched. One concern though.

"Panzergrenadiers are being given increased versatility; cheaper and more accurate panzerschreck will allow an alternative to the Pak40 that can support assaults with smoke grenades.
• Now have access to the Model 24 Smoke Grenade"

Please tell me the the Bundle Grenade and Smoke grenades share a cooldown so they can't smoke off and instawipe a HMG with the nades.
18 Apr 2018, 10:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2018, 04:59 AMKatitof

And ost have PaK in the same tier as PGs and shrecks, yet shrecks got buff.

I have no idea why, they could have drop cost but keep it as it is, or buff acc and leave cost as it is.
But still sov sniper got buffed aswell.

Also, ost sniper fights against 4/5 men squads as well, so your argument is irrelevant.

It fights against, 4 men squads only against british, but thouse can be upgraded to be 5 men squads.
Thats why UKF are the weakest faction to face ost sniper, in early game. But again they have universal carrier and rather fast tech to counter it.
And USF ... well its USF.

Ostheer on the other hand, fully relys on full squads, because usually 3 models, even with LMG upgrade (not sure about G43) wont handle allied upgraded inf or soviet call in inf.

I wonder if lack of actually meaningful and impactful vet1 ability will have something to do with it.

Oh please, british sniper has shity vet ability aswell. Who need this flare anyway, it rarely if ever even hit something.
18 Apr 2018, 10:24 AM

Oh please, british sniper has shity vet ability aswell. Who need this flare anyway, it rarely if ever even hit something.

You're not talking about its snareshot are you? Because that's one of the most powerful snares in the game.
18 Apr 2018, 10:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2018, 10:24 AMLago

You're not talking about its snareshot are you? Because that's one of the most powerful snares in the game.

Oh yeah, I forgot it was changed back in the day, yeah my bad on that. Take my words back :foreveralone:

But I want to clear this out, I agree that sov sniper could use new vet 1 ability (like maybe shot which would pin squad), but I dont agree about any justification of it having 2 models.
18 Apr 2018, 10:45 AM

Supply Event for preview can be good. Game has a lot new players now. This way new players can get some supply and preview will be tested by more players.
18 Apr 2018, 10:50 AM

There are a lot of very good changes in this patch but there are also a plethora of changes that are unwarranted mininerfs to units that don't need it.

I don't believe the changes to these units are justified:

- SU-85
- ISU-152
- Katyusha
None of these units are particularly powerful right now so I don't see why they warrant nerfs. The Katyusha is the last rocket artillery unit I expected to see nerfed.

- Sturmtiger
- AVRE
The Sturmtiger in particular was nerfed into the floor in DBP. Why does it need to be nerfed further?

- Tank Hunter Infantry Section
- UKF Resupply Halftrack
The Tank Hunter changes are at odds with the UI: there's no reason for a player to expect a unit with the Infantry Section's icon and name not to behave like an Infantry Section. Wouldn't it make more sense to just bring its AT weapons in line with almost every other AT weapon in the game instead?

The changes to the Resupply Halftrack defeat the point of it: it's a riskier alternative to teching racks: it can go into the field to hand out weapons and reinforce squads but it risks being killed. This edit pretty much relegates the unit to teamgames where it can hand out weapons to teammates.
18 Apr 2018, 10:50 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

You guys want balance? Just remove 4 factions, then you have a perfect balanced game >:(

The sniper team is 5 years in the game, why change it now? Rather fix bugs instead!
18 Apr 2018, 10:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2018, 10:50 AMLago
There are a lot of very good changes in this patch but there are also a plethora of changes that are unwarranted mininerfs to units that don't need it.

I don't believe the changes to these units are justified:

- SU-85
- ISU-152
- Katyusha
None of these units are particularly powerful right now so I don't see why they warrant nerfs. The Katyusha is the last rocket artillery unit I expected to see nerfed.

- Sturmtiger
- AVRE
The Sturmtiger in particular was nerfed into the floor in DBP. Why does it need to be nerfed further?

- Tank Hunter Infantry Section
- UKF Resupply Halftrack
The Tank Hunter changes are at odds with the UI: there's no reason for a player to expect a unit with the Infantry Section's icon and name not to behave like an Infantry Section. Wouldn't it make more sense to just bring its AT weapons in line with almost every other AT weapon in the game instead?

The changes to the Resupply Halftrack defeat the point of it: it's a riskier alternative to teching racks: it can go into the field to hand out weapons and reinforce squads but it risks being killed. This edit pretty much relegates the unit to teamgames where it can hand out weapons to teammates.

I put forward the stun changes on the basis AEC was recieving no changes. They prob wont make it to any live patch anyway, but the units are bad because of the weapon profile not the stun. 5 seconds is ages for a full stun
18 Apr 2018, 11:00 AM

I was more thinking why make a unit that's already bad, worse? I see where you were coming from with the AEC/AVRE combo though, especially now that the AVRE doctrine looks like it'll be decent.

Are similar justifications for the other changes I listed available? There probably are good reasons for most of them but the changes just seem unnecessary without them.
18 Apr 2018, 11:01 AM

if you change mortar pit like that it will be seen in every game and will kill 2v2 single-handedly

No it wont, stand fast wouldnt be in the game if those pit changes happen
18 Apr 2018, 11:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2018, 11:00 AMLago
I was more thinking why make a unit that's already bad, worse? I see where you were coming from with the AEC/AVRE combo though, especially now that the AVRE doctrine looks like it'll be decent.

Are similar justifications for the other changes I listed available? There probably are good reasons for most of them but the changes just seem unnecessary without them.

I can argue to the death on the changes i put forward, though i disagree with half the changes in the patch
18 Apr 2018, 11:04 AM

You cant compare stuff like that 1:1...It´s asymetrical balance. OKW needs T1 for healing. But they get MG and Rak in T0. Unlike USF who usually either has LT or CPT. So they either have MG or AT-gun but not both.

Oh, it's assymetrical alright. It's also really shitty and pointless.
This is such a non-argument. Should we lock ambo and IS medics upgrade behind teching too? You know, because USF gets free squads and brits get cheap indestructable artillery for teching.
I mean this sure does seem at least on par with the worst nondoc AT gun and MG(that you can't even build untill you've built T1 or T2 btw) in the game in T0.
18 Apr 2018, 11:05 AM

I can argue to the death on the changes i put forward, though i disagree with half the changes in the patch

Which ones are yours? I'm willing to change my opinion on just about anything in this patch given a decent reason for it.
18 Apr 2018, 11:07 AM

Cool changes! Nice to see it still being patched. One concern though.

"Panzergrenadiers are being given increased versatility; cheaper and more accurate panzerschreck will allow an alternative to the Pak40 that can support assaults with smoke grenades.
• Now have access to the Model 24 Smoke Grenade"

Please tell me the the Bundle Grenade and Smoke grenades share a cooldown so they can't smoke off and instawipe a HMG with the nades.

Good catch, but yeah; PGren Bundle nades, Stun nades and Smoke nades now share a common cooldown for that.
18 Apr 2018, 11:15 AM

Sturmpanther said you were the one to ask on this: why was it decided to lower the 120mm mortar's crew size rather than just make it decrew at 1 man like all other mortars? The rationale behind the change makes complete sense but it seems like an odd way to implement it to me.
18 Apr 2018, 11:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2018, 11:15 AMLago

Sturmpanther said you were the one to ask on this: why was it decided to lower the 120mm mortar's crew size rather than just make it decrew at 1 man like all other mortars? The rationale behind the change makes complete sense but it seems like an odd way to implement it to me.

That's because we don't know how to implement the latter. Decrewing would have been the better option.
18 Apr 2018, 11:22 AM

That'd explain why it's stayed like that for so long. Thanks.
18 Apr 2018, 11:26 AM

stuff

Could you Elaborate on katy nerf but not changing werfer or stuka? Katy was nerfed because wipes, but the other two not while they wipe something with nearly every non max range Barrage makes no sense to me.
18 Apr 2018, 11:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2018, 11:26 AMKatitof

Could you Elaborate on katy nerf but not changing werfer or stuka? Katy was nerfed because wipes, but the other two not while they wipe something with nearly every non max range Barrage makes no sense to me.

This Katyusha nerf is just ridiculous, one Katyusha can wipe the infantry well only from a short distance (but this is a big risk), at a long distance it has so much scatter. Only double Katyusha can effectively
kill the infantry at a distance, but this is a big investment and a big risk.
PAGES (23)down
3 users are browsing this thread: 3 guests

Livestreams

Germany 25
Germany 536

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak