Login

russian armor

OKW is absolutely trash now, rebalance this asap!

PAGES (8)down
29 Dec 2017, 13:31 PM

How this is posible that only okw fans cry on forum i dont get it where is thread about rifles without smoke or brit air supremacy nerf. Okw in 4vs4 still better than usf so pls stop this topic and go play with your toy no mico jagtiger or KT. Next thread Jackson OP pls nerf
hohohohoohoh https://www.coh2.org/topic/66511/balance-okw-sturmpioneer-salvage-king-tiger
https://www.coh2.org/topic/66199/okw-late-game-unbeatable look at that the tradh made aganist okw are always with wrong stats or statistics
29 Dec 2017, 13:54 PM

I haven't edited my comment, quote where I wrote the word "kid" exactly.

And I don't believe that I'm wrong in my assumptions, since it's painfully obvious most of the time but most of you won't ever admit it.

Me against the world huh? You will do great things here.

29 Dec 2017, 15:09 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Lol.

THQ was Relic's publisher until 2013, the game got released after almost an year under SEGA.

And honestly, I'll risk sounding like an asshole but I just need to say this, I have a lot of respect for you as a modder, but I see that as a person you're probably younger than me and have never played the first CoH.

And that's the problem, most of you come from DOTA and LoL's competitive background, and that's why SEGA changed Relic's direction towards CoH2 and DoW3 and that's why we have these shitty balance changes.

As others have mentioned, the game was more balanced between the Ostheer and Soviets in the beginning, what changed was Relic's new direction towards competitive and ESL with the release of the WFA and trying to implement gimmicky asymmetrical balance for some stupid reason, so it's not just the bugger amount of Armies needed be balanced.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, CoH and CoH 2 were made for fun, tactical, semi realistic, fun. They were never meant to be competitive StarCraft type games, and never will be. Continuing to balance CoH 2, DoW 3 and any future games in this direction will lead to their ultimate bankruptcy because whatever they do, they will not be able to cater to the MOBA fan base.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THQ
Yes I was wrong, however in this day and age it is hard to tell what problems originated from the developer and what was mandated by the publisher.
According to the wiki page, Sega acquired Relic/THQ Canada on January 22, 2013. The release date of Company of Heroes 2 was June 25, 2013. So this is largely THQ oversight rather than Sega.

I understand that some people kids but I can say I am not. I do have a youtube channel which you can see my actual face. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjaG4wIJxdKQLZPy3uDC9pg
For my background, I mostly play all sorts of games. Age of Empires, Civilization, Wargame/SD, Heroes and Generals, FTL, Railroad Tycoon 2 etc. While I did play League for a time, I just got fed up with imbalances. The fact I can mod and balance CoH2 while not being super complex to mod. This way I can balance the game or at least as I see fit. Do not worry, I am developing a mod now to focus on trying to fix teching, basic tools, and of course, doctrines.
29 Dec 2017, 15:55 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Be nice people.
29 Dec 2017, 15:56 PM

Me against the world huh? You will do great things here.

Maybe you're right and I'm just fed up with all of these trolls and younger than me people that haven't experienced some of the true classics of our time. I still believe tho that people are simply playing games nowadays more to prove that they're better than someone else (being competitive) than to just have fun, same thing in school, the grading system is forcing us to try and achieve a better grade instead of focusing more on actually trying to learn something, you may cheat, you may lie, you may even go as far as to fuck over a classmate or friend, but you will get that grade in order to pass.
29 Dec 2017, 16:02 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THQ
Yes I was wrong, however in this day and age it is hard to tell what problems originated from the developer and what was mandated by the publisher.
According to the wiki page, Sega acquired Relic/THQ Canada on January 22, 2013. The release date of Company of Heroes 2 was June 25, 2013. So this is largely THQ oversight rather than Sega.

I understand that some people kids but I can say I am not. I do have a youtube channel which you can see my actual face. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjaG4wIJxdKQLZPy3uDC9pg
For my background, I mostly play all sorts of games. Age of Empires, Civilization, Wargame/SD, Heroes and Generals, FTL, Railroad Tycoon 2 etc. While I did play League for a time, I just got fed up with imbalances. The fact I can mod and balance CoH2 while not being super complex to mod. This way I can balance the game or at least as I see fit. Do not worry, I am developing a mod now to focus on trying to fix teching, basic tools, and of course, doctrines.

I will agree with you that the DLC problems were evident even in THQs days with DoW2, however, being as it may SEGA had the final word in CoH2's development and that's even why the game was delayed once SEGA acquired Relic. Same goes for it's expansions and overall balance after the game's release. There was no day 1 DLC for both Space Marine and DoW2, while there was for CoH2, same as Rome 2 Total War, both published by SEGA, further proving my point. And yes while not exactly so for DoW3 I believe the idea was to test the waters first, and had they made day 1 DLC the game would have even less players and more negative reviews than even now.
29 Dec 2017, 16:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I've said it before and I'll say it again, CoH and CoH 2 were made for fun, tactical, semi realistic, fun. They were never meant to be competitive StarCraft type games, and never will be. Continuing to balance CoH 2, DoW 3 and any future games in this direction will lead to their ultimate bankruptcy because whatever they do, they will not be able to cater to the MOBA fan base.

A game doesn't need to be "complex" and micro intensive in order to be competitive. People willing to fight against each other and people wanting to WATCH it makes a competitive scene healthy (ex. take a look at the stance of Nintendo and Smash).
Besides whatever your opinion on COH2 is, it was a success BUT i'll say it could had even be greater if not for some serious glaring issues which kept showing from time to time. The sales were there, same with number of people playing. The problem here is that sometimes people here don't want to realise that:

-RTS is a NICHE GENRE. Old are the days of the golden ERA were RTS was one of the most popular genres.
-Fast food games > Complexity. Even as something as hardcore as Cuphead, has a simple entry barrier.
-No one can cater to the MOBA fan base, because RTS are not MOBAs. You can't change the complexity execution (macro wise, it's more simple to manage a single unit with a complex button array than multitasking), stress factors and reward feeling from RTS to make it more likeable to MOBA players.

If anything, Relic should take a look at what Blizzard did with SC2, but not in the PvP aspect, but rather on the PvE and non competitive modes. IMO the arcade, archon and specially the co-op are amazingly done even if i don't play it, cause from the financial part, this is where the most players are coming from.

Co-op is something which has been abandoned (Theatre of War) and something which should had been the main cash bag, at least commander wise (instead of messing with it in the multiplayer). Archon mode (2 people controlling a single army) could be something interesting to play with, specially if you could pair a "good" lone player vs a duo of lesser skill ones.

Anyway no more offtopic from me here. Should take this disc here:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/55985/company-of-heroes-iii-your-expectations

29 Dec 2017, 17:45 PM

I play 4v4(noob) only so skip this if you are a 1v1 player. I agree most elements of the game need to be balanced towards 1v1. Mortar and arty need nerfed for this game to ever be popular.

OKW feel a little weak at the moment. OKW and Brits are supposed to be very strong at the start to take ground. Currently Sturms feel good, but Volks are meh and dont trade well against garbage units like cons. So you cant push people around at the start and then you have to face MGs and Mortars. Which you have to make a truck, drive the truck, set the truck up and since your INF is all suppresed and getting nuked you have no safe place to park your truck...You are now 2-3 minutes behind and are already losing the game. Volks need a better non doctrinal grenade or some smoke to counter the raping you receive early game. Luchs was your savior but that now has been nerfed. GG.

I expect the ebb and flow of the game is OKW/Brits push up and secure territory. Then get pushed back by MGs and mortars. Then regain with ISG/Luchs. Then get pushed out again by arty/cheap tank spam. Then regain with superior heavy tanks late game. Now it is just get raped until your heavy tanks come out and blobs gain enough vet to be useful(Vet 5?).
29 Dec 2017, 18:17 PM

Maybe you're right and I'm just fed up with all of these trolls and younger than me people that haven't experienced some of the true classics of our time. I still believe tho that people are simply playing games nowadays more to prove that they're better than someone else (being competitive) than to just have fun, same thing in school, the grading system is forcing us to try and achieve a better grade instead of focusing more on actually trying to learn something, you may cheat, you may lie, you may even go as far as to fuck over a classmate or friend, but you will get that grade in order to pass.

Ah I do agree with the school grading thing, however you are American and in no position to make claims about school systems :snfPeter:. As for the trolls and younger people who have not "experienced true classics of our time and just come here to prove that they are better than someone else", are you not suggesting in that very same post on this very forum that you are better than them just for having experienced games in a time when they were not around yet :snfPeter:?

You are indeed the soldier of duality!
29 Dec 2017, 21:39 PM

That's wrong, stop spreading lies, you and Table.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/62083/unofficial-revamp-mod-efa-wfa-brits

Raketenwerfer
- Can no longer be suppressed
- Moves at full speed if detected while cloak ability is active (QoL)
- Accuracy increased from 0.06/0.05/0.04 to 0.06/0.0516665/0.043333 (to match other AT guns)

My point still stands. Moving targets are harder to hit. Light vehicles are on the move 99/100 times, so obviously the raketen has some problems there. It's not unique to the raketen, and please don't try to convince me and others here otherwise.

You can also put the raketen into buildings(unique and very underappreciated), which makes it harder to flank.

Oh, and you also have mines, snares on your mainline, and a panzershreck upgrade on your engineers. That should fill up the reasonable void that the raketen has right now.
29 Dec 2017, 22:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2017, 21:39 PMA table

My point still stands. Moving targets are harder to hit. ...

"natural hits" are not affect from weather the target is moving or it is stationary.

"collisions hits" may be affected only if the vehicle can move out of the scatter area. (rather improbable).
29 Dec 2017, 23:03 PM

A game doesn't need to be "complex" and micro intensive in order to be competitive. People willing to fight against each other and people wanting to WATCH it makes a competitive scene healthy (ex. take a look at the stance of Nintendo and Smash).
Besides whatever your opinion on COH2 is, it was a success BUT i'll say it could had even be greater if not for some serious glaring issues which kept showing from time to time. The sales were there, same with number of people playing. The problem here is that sometimes people here don't want to realise that:

-RTS is a NICHE GENRE. Old are the days of the golden ERA were RTS was one of the most popular genres.
-Fast food games > Complexity. Even as something as hardcore as Cuphead, has a simple entry barrier.
-No one can cater to the MOBA fan base, because RTS are not MOBAs. You can't change the complexity execution (macro wise, it's more simple to manage a single unit with a complex button array than multitasking), stress factors and reward feeling from RTS to make it more likeable to MOBA players.

If anything, Relic should take a look at what Blizzard did with SC2, but not in the PvP aspect, but rather on the PvE and non competitive modes. IMO the arcade, archon and specially the co-op are amazingly done even if i don't play it, cause from the financial part, this is where the most players are coming from.

Co-op is something which has been abandoned (Theatre of War) and something which should had been the main cash bag, at least commander wise (instead of messing with it in the multiplayer). Archon mode (2 people controlling a single army) could be something interesting to play with, specially if you could pair a "good" lone player vs a duo of lesser skill ones.

Anyway no more offtopic from me here. Should take this disc here:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/55985/company-of-heroes-iii-your-expectations

My second reply to AElegion is everything I can say to you.

And quite frankly, I'd rather play the game back in the Ostheer vs Soviet times rather than in the cheesefest right now.

Hell at least it was a balance problem back then, now it's a design problem.
29 Dec 2017, 23:14 PM

Ah I do agree with the school grading thing, however you are American and in no position to make claims about school systems :snfPeter:. As for the trolls and younger people who have not "experienced true classics of our time and just come here to prove that they are better than someone else", are you not suggesting in that very same post on this very forum that you are better than them just for having experienced games in a time when they were not around yet :snfPeter:?

You are indeed the soldier of duality!

Har Har.

No.

All I'm suggesting is that knowledge comes with experience, experience which many people that play these games lack.

Why do you think so many people fall for pre-orders and Early Access crap that will never even leave development hell?

Not to mention the stupid things I see on kick starter.
30 Dec 2017, 00:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2017, 21:39 PMA table

My point still stands. Moving targets are harder to hit. Light vehicles are on the move 99/100 times, so obviously the raketen has some problems there. It's not unique to the raketen, and please don't try to convince me and others here otherwise.

You can also put the raketen into buildings(unique and very underappreciated), which makes it harder to flank.

Oh, and you also have mines, snares on your mainline, and a panzershreck upgrade on your engineers. That should fill up the reasonable void that the raketen has right now.

Except that is only you saying that...any other user here knows how trashy raketenwerfer is.
No atg miss units like that...not even close.
With extreme low target size..misses may occurr rarely on tergets at the bottom of the atg arc.
The most ridicolous parts is that there isn't such thing as "moving target" at all, accuracy is affected only by the mivement if the unit that is firing...but i DO LOVE how you try so hard (failing) to make it look like you actually have a grasp of basic vehicle/at mechanics of this game.

Putting raketen in building deny cloak and the atg fires on infantry wasting shots, same for sturm shreck...300 mp for something as pathetic as a single shreck squad is ridicolous...
the claim that tools as snares and mines that other factions don't lack should fill the gap (which has no reason to exist to begin with), that sturmshreck is of any use, that raketen garrison is underappreciated (lol), that vehicles are somewhat harder to hit when moving...are ridicolous and only show how short sighted you are with your 2500 4vs4 rank with just 18 matches in.
The real question is why a 2500 rank player feels the need of spreading misinformation based on wrong stats and make pretentious and laughable claims.

30 Dec 2017, 00:26 AM

Seems a little early to be so certain that OKW is broken. A dramatic reaction to balance changes at this stage indicates that some OKW players are likely experiencing an acute case of overpowered-faction withdrawal.

If an unfair advantage artificially inflates your capacity to win over a long period of time, it's naturally going to feel unfair when you're put on more equal footing with other players. OKW has artificially reduced the difficulty of winning for some time, so many players never developed the skills to operate successfully in a (more) fair fight.

If things seem more difficult now, take a moment and consider these two ways to interpret your experience with the patch thus far:

1. You might be on to something, you might not be. Ir's too early to tell with a reasonable degree of certainty. Old strategies may not produce the same results they did in the past. This does not indicate that any particular changes were faulty yet. It takes time to adjust to a new strategic landscape. Once you are more familiar with the new state of the game, your ability to handle things you struggle with now may improve and you will be more capable of distinguishing between learn to play issues and genuine balance faults.

2. You were just never that good, OKW as a faction carried you beyond your actual skill level, and now you're right where you belong or at least closer to it.
30 Dec 2017, 01:08 AM

Har Har.

No.

All I'm suggesting is that knowledge comes with experience, experience which many people that play these games lack.

Why do you think so many people fall for pre-orders and Early Access crap that will never even leave development hell?

Not to mention the stupid things I see on kick starter.

People also fall for politics, religion and racism. But ah well
30 Dec 2017, 03:02 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

The real question is why a 2500 rank player feels the need of spreading misinformation based on wrong stats and make pretentious and laughable claims.

The irony...
30 Dec 2017, 08:29 AM

Except that is only you saying that...any other user here knows how trashy raketenwerfer is.
No atg miss units like that...not even close.
With extreme low target size..misses may occurr rarely on tergets at the bottom of the atg arc.
The most ridicolous parts is that there isn't such thing as "moving target" at all, accuracy is affected only by the mivement if the unit that is firing...but i DO LOVE how you try so hard (failing) to make it look like you actually have a grasp of basic vehicle/at mechanics of this game.

Putting raketen in building deny cloak and the atg fires on infantry wasting shots, same for sturm shreck...300 mp for something as pathetic as a single shreck squad is ridicolous...
the claim that tools as snares and mines that other factions don't lack should fill the gap (which has no reason to exist to begin with), that sturmshreck is of any use, that raketen garrison is underappreciated (lol), that vehicles are somewhat harder to hit when moving...are ridicolous and only show how short sighted you are with your 2500 4vs4 rank with just 18 matches in.

The raketenwerfer already has some good utilities, combined with OKW's basic stuff from the start. Buffing its accuracy may be a(partial) death sentence for light vehicles unless you just rush the thing which is difficupt to pull off when there are volks nearby 9/10 times.

I'm also not reliant on calling out playercards since i want to have a proper discussion without knowing how bad or good others are.

I also admit i don't spend too much time on multiplayer since i don't play coh2 every day and the toxicity around my level is just... unbearable. I'm tired of having to fight with random strangers that don't know what they are doing and proceed to blame me for not helping them. I have had the luck of not meeting TKers or cheaters though.
30 Dec 2017, 10:22 AM

I think I am the only one here enjoying new OKW because I never ever played Luchs anyhow and am content with my new Flak HT.
30 Dec 2017, 17:47 PM

One thing that OKW deserves is a reliable healing. Paying 400 manpower and 50 fuel just to get healing going if you chose to go Mechanised is insane.

It is pretty much will I get my panzer 4 310 fuel after I have got Luchs or will I be without healing and spend all my munition for healing crates just to get a medium tank in so-so reliable time - 260 fuel after Luchs.

On the other hand soviets will get their first t34 170-180 fuel after their t70, Americans get their Sherman 230 fuel after the Stuart and UKF gets Cromwell ~230 fuel after AC.

This is sheer nonsense IMO. All allied factions can get both light and medium tank at a reasonable time, but OKW has to sacrifice healing, yet get their medium tank a bit later than allies do.

SOLUTION: Allow OKW to pick medics/repairing pioneers to be upgraded regardeless of the truck, so you can get medics if you go either Battlegruppe or Mechanised (but with Mechanised you will lose the luxury to have medics and ratreat point in one building in the lategame, because you will have to pick engineers in battlegruppe)

PS: I dont want to start a fanboy war and as you know me I am anything but a fanboy towards one faction, I like to play all of them and want to enjoy playing all of them. With OKW I do not have any problems and I think that their army is balanced compared to allied armies and they are surely not left behind when it comes to their raw DPS. They are,however, falling behind when it comes to chosing basic tools like reliable healing or proper AT gun.

I think this solution would work really well.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS