Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
25 Oct 2017, 08:00 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Is OKW T1 start with or without a flak ht still a decent option in contrast to blasting out a t2 and luchs as fast as possible? I recall decently liberal t1 and ht usage in the GCS games, but I am not seeing it too often in my games or casted games as of late.

Which factions or strategies would it be useful against?

Vs brits you can go t1 with isg into t4. Flakht vs brits is kind of risky, because of aec or the good pak.

Vs soviet strafnikis and Rifles + bar in the most cases is luchs the best answer.

25 Oct 2017, 08:03 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

How do you beat M10 spam with popcap decrew for additional MP income when not in use.

Yeah the decrew / popcap abuse is tricky :)

As okw: lay mines, only 30 muni and gives them engine damage. And well volks and panzerfüssis can faust.

As wehrmacht: pak and panzergren with shrek is great. Tellermine too, but can be expensive to use.
Ofc Jukastrike from lightingwar is one of the best answers :) If usa makes an all in attack.
25 Oct 2017, 09:49 AM

How to properly use flak ht and when (matchup, enemy teching,...)
Is it viable ?

25 Oct 2017, 09:50 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

How to properly use flak ht and when (matchup, enemy teching,...)
Is it viable ?

Thanks

Which one?

USA, OKW, soviets?
25 Oct 2017, 09:51 AM

Which one?

USA, OKW, soviets?

Okw flak halftrack from battlegroup.
25 Oct 2017, 09:56 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Okw flak halftrack from battlegroup.

Its very hard to use it atm.

So in most of the time luchs or rushing for t4 is the better way.

In teamgames its great in mid/lategame to kill all planes :)
28 Oct 2017, 11:55 AM

Hello there;

I'm new to coh2.org even if I'm reading some forum thread for a long time now! I'm here to ask for some advices (maybe it's the wrong thread for this sorry if I'm speaking in the wrong one).

i have some problems when playing 1v1 (I play mostly 4v4 in arranged teams having some good ranks with my teammates but I like to play 1v1 a bit).

My problem is almost the same with all factions (playing all of them) I manage to make a good start and having map control etc but in some ways I having hard times to exploit my advantage turning into loosing lots of game :( Around 20mn in the game i'm starting to make mistakes i'm not making in early game and beginning of mid game. I guess it's a l2p issue that's why i'm here!

I'm around top 800 with all factions so i'm considering myself as a medium player but it's really frustrating to loose games having the advantage in beginning of the game, maybe you could give me some advices here? I do not have some replays to give you but I will load one or two soon.

28 Oct 2017, 12:31 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hello there;

I'm new to coh2.org even if I'm reading some forum thread for a long time now! I'm here to ask for some advices (maybe it's the wrong thread for this sorry if I'm speaking in the wrong one).

i have some problems when playing 1v1 (I play mostly 4v4 in arranged teams having some good ranks with my teammates but I like to play 1v1 a bit).

My problem is almost the same with all factions (playing all of them) I manage to make a good start and having map control etc but in some ways I having hard times to exploit my advantage turning into loosing lots of game :( Around 20mn in the game i'm starting to make mistakes i'm not making in early game and beginning of mid game. I guess it's a l2p issue that's why i'm here!

I'm around top 800 with all factions so i'm considering myself as a medium player but it's really frustrating to loose games having the advantage in beginning of the game, maybe you could give me some advices here? I do not have some replays to give you but I will load one or two soon.

Indeed. Best way is to upload replay here:

https://www.coh2.org/forum/109/replay-reviews

The difference between 4vs4 and 1vs1 is, that you have to mico over the whole map. You have to cap more in 1vs1 then in 4vs4. On the otherside you don't have to fear that more people will overrun / flank you ;)
Also you have to look that you have arty, antitank and antiinf yourself
28 Oct 2017, 12:42 PM

Thanks for the quick answer ! I do have antitank and antiinf everytime but not always arty. maybe it's the key ! I think my issue is i'm being over confident when having a good start and tend to overextend; I don't believe that my BO are bad i mean i know all factions pretty well so i know what could come next when facing my opponent units ; maybe the fear of being flanked is too strong due to my 4v4 experience.
28 Oct 2017, 12:47 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Thanks for the quick answer ! I do have antitank and antiinf everytime but not always arty. maybe it's the key ! I think my issue is i'm being over confident when having a good start and tend to overextend; I don't believe that my BO are bad i mean i know all factions pretty well so i know what could come next when facing my opponent units ; maybe the fear of being flanked is too strong due to my 4v4 experience.

With arty i mean indirect fire ofc. Like a mortar /isg is already fine. Not that must have a priest, calliope or a real arty^^

So yeah replay review will help i guess
28 Oct 2017, 12:54 PM

Yeah i got in the first place^^ I was thinking of light arty too with ostheer i almost always have a mortar or mortar HT for example!

But yes I will post a replay it will be much easier to see what my issues are!
again thanks for the reply :)
23 Nov 2017, 23:17 PM

I have a question about using artillery (Howitzers, mortars etc).

Given that having some form of line of sight improves accuracy for arty units, does this only count from the moment you click bombard? Or do you need to retain vision for the entire bombardment if you want the accuracy to stay buffed?

So if you use a fast recon, order a howie to bomb a mortar pit during the LoS, but then it goes back to fog of war, what will the resultant accuracy be?
23 Nov 2017, 23:34 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Given that having some form of line of sight improves accuracy for arty units, does this only count from the moment you click bombard? Or do you need to retain vision for the entire bombardment if you want the accuracy to stay buffed?

So if you use a fast recon, order a howie to bomb a mortar pit during the LoS, but then it goes back to fog of war, what will the resultant accuracy be?

Stuka don't care about LoS :P Its always has best accuracy.
Katja, Panzerwerfer, Landmartz, Calliope, normal mortar are better with LoS.

About Howitzer: I think for each new shot from the barrage it gets new calculated. But i'm not 100%

Can you help here?
24 Nov 2017, 12:33 PM

LOS calculation probably comes into play the moment the rocket is launched.

If you have a panzerwerfer, all rockets launch at once. Thus, if you're really good you can benefit from a recon loiter.

Katuysha's rockets, that take time to fire mean that some of the later rockets could end up having LOS penalties when fired. That doesn't matter much though since the enemy would have already cleared the area by then.
24 Nov 2017, 19:31 PM

LOS calculation probably comes into play the moment the rocket is launched.

Cool thankyou. I was mostly thinking from a howie perspective bombing emplacements and if it's significantly worth using a smoke plane to give Los when targeting, however from what you say it wouldn't because Los would be lost by the time shells are firing.
25 Nov 2017, 11:18 AM

Another question, maybe tricky to answer:

Ost mortar bulletins, there is one for +5% accuracy, and one for +5% accuracy when auto firing.

Wouldnt the 'generic' accuracy one stack with the auto fire one to give +10% accuracy and turn it into a heat seaking missile when left to auto fire?

Its already lethal with a single bulletin on it XD
25 Nov 2017, 12:44 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Another question, maybe tricky to answer:

Ost mortar bulletins, there is one for +5% accuracy, and one for +5% accuracy when auto firing.

Wouldnt the 'generic' accuracy one stack with the auto fire one to give +10% accuracy and turn it into a heat seaking missile when left to auto fire?

Its already lethal with a single bulletin on it XD

Is the 1 maybe for the barrage? and the other one for autofire?

But there are anyway some strange bulletins in this game :P

And anyway most of the time RNG is the big factor! not the + X % more. To have a 1 % chance to hit or a 5 % chance to hit means in the most cases: still missing :P
25 Nov 2017, 13:03 PM

Is the 1 maybe for the barrage? and the other one for autofire?

But there are anyway some strange bulletins in this game :P

And anyway most of the time RNG is the big factor! not the + X % more. To have a 1 % chance to hit or a 5 % chance to hit means in the most cases: still missing :P

No there is a 3rd bulletin for barrage accuracy. So you could take all 3 if you really wanted.

17 Dec 2017, 20:56 PM

when is the best time to build caches
17 Dec 2017, 21:09 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

when is the best time to build caches

In 1v1s, when you have a more or less complete army composition and have spare manpower. This is rarely ever before 10 minutes.

You'll have to receive advice from someone else about team games.
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS