Login

russian armor

Differentiating between summer and winter

22 Nov 2017, 13:26 PM

Is there anybody that has managed to find a workaround for this?

I got a tip-off by the wikinger guys that I can look up for the presence of allow_building_campfires. However, this workaround only works if cold tech is enabled. Has there somebody found a workaround for this?
22 Nov 2017, 21:31 PM

Workaround for what, though?

What is being impeded, or what is accomplished in differentiating between summer and winter?

And for what? Players, units, abilities?

I know in the UI branch there's usually differentiation for winter portraits and icons.

Anyway, I wonder if the old volks panzerschreck ability still exists since that gave volks immunity to cold IIRC. There might be something in there.

The rest I know concerns maps and worldbuilder.
23 Nov 2017, 01:51 AM

It's for the tank ambush camouflage in the new tank hunter doctrine.

I ended up using a required_material action, that looks for ice or snow to decide what kind of plants to prop up.
23 Nov 2017, 20:36 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Maybe off-topic, but it's about the same ability :blush:
Do you know if it's possible the make the bushes visible at the same time that the tank is detected? It might be possible to use a target action with a range of 1 to disable and enable the camo?

Otherwise, can you add a slotitem to indicate for the enemy if the tank uses 'tank ambush camouflage'?
23 Nov 2017, 20:40 PM

Maybe off-topic, but it's about the same ability :blush:
Do you know if it's possible the make the bushes visible at the same time that the tank is detected? It might be possible to use a target action with a range of 1 to disable and enable the camo?

Otherwise, can you add a slotitem to indicate for the enemy if the tank uses 'tank ambush camouflage'?

That's a great idea. I wanted to make the bushes visible when the tank is visible, but I didn't know how to. First I need to figure out how to make them invisible in the fog of war. Some people have been reporting that bug.
23 Nov 2017, 23:04 PM

When you're both done we may need to update ours! :D
25 Nov 2017, 18:39 PM

ok, so I found a fix for both of my worries.

To prevent the bushes from appearing in the fog of war once revealed, I had to set:
- ghost_enable to False

To make the bushes share the same cloaked state as the tank, I created two sets of bushes. One of them is permanently invisible, and can never be revealed by anything, and the second one is permanently visible.

Then I added a requirement action on the cloaked status of the tank, and the right set of bushes spawns accordingly.

To preserve the bush-setting animation, I add visible bushes over time until the animation completes. This is wrapped in a timed action to make the "animation" bushes disappear when they are no longer needed.

However, I still have one issue. When I playtested my solution on Westwall, the hack I found (ice or snow material requirement) doesn't work. What kind of material does Westwall use?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 45
Germany 765
unknown 20
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L