Login

russian armor

Eastern Front Armies Revamp

PAGES (56)down
28 Jun 2017, 12:28 PM

1.8.1 Notes

Calliope
We are lowering the alpha strike and durability of the Calliope to be in-line with its cost and its role.

- Popcap from 12 to 15
- Near AOE distance from 1.5 to 0.5
- Now unloads its barrage in a continuous stream of shells
- Cooldown from 0 to 0.3 (increases distance between shells)
- Health from 640 to 480

Part of the problem with Calliope is that its high durability allows it fire volley from point blank range with devastating results. Increasing minimum range would allow the unit to be better balanced.
28 Jun 2017, 12:33 PM

1.8.1 Notes
M2HB .50Cal
- Population from 5 to 6

Remove sprint from unit in line with Soviet HMGs.
28 Jun 2017, 12:59 PM

WTF you wanna do with Jackson? Piece of shit? Stug spam or 2 Jpz4 will just rekt any amount of 55 range slow reload very expensive PIECE OF SHIT in team games
Just give it good accuracy and heavy crash

28 Jun 2017, 13:11 PM

I'm dubitative about some changes for the USF.

T1
Still no hard AT solution with your T1, on the mean time using a m20 still force you to invest 60mu in skirts and now 50mu to equip a zook. So to defend it vs a 222, you need 110mu, doesn't seem to you an issue?
This + having the lieutenant naked, again 60mu to equip a BAR. Why not simply removing the lieutenant from the tiers.
With those changes you simply took out any shock values USF could have early game. In my opinion it is like putting the HMG42 supression behind a munition paywall. pay 60mu to unlock suppression.

Increasing the price of the M36 is just going to leave USF more helpless vs medium rush. 400mp and 175fu is a lot for a unit that still have 0 armor.
This + T1 changes are going to kill T1-T3 stategies.
Late game M36 is to be tested, how will it work vs big cats... can't say yet.

The nerf of FRP is going to hurt a lot. You didn't give anything to USF in return to maintain their presence on the battlefield. Still USF has to choose between two basics of RTS gameplay: AI and AT.

Imo I was expecting much more than that.

28 Jun 2017, 13:18 PM

Guys. Just try the jackson in-game:
- More HP means that you can fight off the Stug hordes
- More HP means that your Jackson can also chase to finish off that King Tiger/Panther
- More HP means that your Jackson won't evaporate into nothingness in seconds. This means Jackson can now gain vet
- Vetted Jacksons mean that your jackson will be firing faster and faster
- AP rounds fix means that Jackson Vet1 is now useful (rather than turn Jackson into steaming piles of shit)
- Cheaper M20 means that you now have sight to fight off the Stug hordes
- If you still have trouble vs Stug hordes, use the USF AT gun. Stug armour is low
- Better popcap upkeep means that you can now afford AT guns without filling up

Camping and playing defensively with long-range TDs is not the USF way.

28 Jun 2017, 13:31 PM

I have to say, abit concern about the FRP change for USF late-game. Getting the major and ambulance in place as well as the mp penalty would effect USF bleed alot.

Jackson change I actually dont mined except the absurd health and price. I honestly rather it just keep its range and increase its health to the m10s and improve its accuracy (maybe increase price abit but no this amount). Price is to high for my liking but ill see.

Pershing I feel is in a very awkward spot. For its price it can go toe-to-toe with a panther now both would die in 4 shots from each other. I guess I just have to get over the fact with more health it would become op (will still try them out).
28 Jun 2017, 13:33 PM

- Cheaper M20 means that you now have sight to fight off the Stug hordes

Camping and playing defensively with long-range TDs is not the USF way.

Great jocke that about the M20.....

you can´t be serious, are you????

I would love to play USF with no long-range TDs.....oh wait, USF only have 1 TD, and it is designed as long-range TD......
28 Jun 2017, 14:02 PM
Donator 22

Some inconsistencies/feedback:
Major recon run: If you try to activate it, it seems to be a loiter (red circle), but in fact, its a recon run with one and at vet 1 two planes. Simply change the UI, same as the recon of the Airlanding Officier (Green line)
Force Reload Add force reload to clip based weapon systems like the Ostwind, AA HT, Centaur
On HMGs make it only clickable while set up
Artillery Field Officier 120mm barrage can be targeted at the base
Planes and AA There are some strafing runs/recon runs which are not destroyable. You never actually know if you can shoot the specific plane down or not. Either make everything destroyable or remove the minimap icons from the unkillable abilities.
Also, reintroduce the AA mode to specifically target Planes. Show the range of the unit on the minimap while in this mode, to make countering certain flight paths easier (Ressource drops).
Counter Fire German artillery vet 1. Show range on the minimap to make it less of trial and error. Maybe increase range on the mortar to make it more useful. Make it clearer how the ability interacts with the barrage cooldown.
Panzergrenadiere As cool as the new abilities sound, in all my games I could not find any use for them. They are hard to use, situational and the outcome is not impressing. Maybe give them sprint to help their positioning. Replace it with Mark Target if Schrecks are upgraded. Needs testing but could help them especially against Sowjets were they struggle a bit at the moment.
Tiger Ace I would prefer a normal Tiger over the Ace any day now. Best Idea I heard so far is, to remove the penalties and give it 5 vet ranks. Vet shouldn´t be raw buffs but like new OKW with unique abilities.
OKW Base Flak Just replace it with Ost Bunkers. Now it has more penetration, 360 protection. Base diving with something fragile is just not possible thus giving an unfair advantage.
EDIT: I forgot the OKW Officier. It's time he gets veterancy.
28 Jun 2017, 14:08 PM

WTF you wanna do with Jackson? Piece of shit? Stug spam or 2 Jpz4 will just rekt any amount of 55 range slow reload very expensive PIECE OF SHIT in team games
Just give it good accuracy and heavy crash

The last thing M36 needs is more accuracy. In live it can score a "natural hit" vs a KT with 91/100% (normal/AP) at range 60 and get x130% accuracy at vet 2 being able to score a "natural hit" KT with 0.83% even on the move.
28 Jun 2017, 14:25 PM

"stug horde" lol i cant believe that was actually a thing which was even taken seriously xDDD
28 Jun 2017, 14:33 PM

nice changes except jackson, i think jackson is a bit OP now. but i have a problem with this mod: i cant play this mod with other players, they dont want to play it.
28 Jun 2017, 14:36 PM

seriously though overall, very good changes on all the factions ONLY IF THEY ARE Implemented together. If relic comes and picks and chooses what you can and cant put into the live game (scope) then don't put anything in.

@MrSMith, whats the latest current stand point of FRP's, is it still being removed, reworked etc? .
28 Jun 2017, 14:39 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2017, 14:08 PMVipper

The last thing M36 needs is more accuracy. In live it can score a "natural hit" vs a KT with 91/100% (normal/AP) at range 60 and get x130% accuracy at vet 2 being able to score a "natural hit" KT with 0.83% even on the move.

All TDs generally have 0.06/0.05/0.04 for accuracy. There is no reason for the M36 to lack it considering it is also the easiest TD to hit at size 23.
28 Jun 2017, 14:40 PM

All TDs generally have 0.06/0.05/0.04 for accuracy. There is no reason for the M36 to lack it considering it is also the easiest TD to hit at size 23.

Actually it has size 24 :P

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2017, 14:36 PMAlphrum

@MrSMith, whats the latest current stand point of FRP's, is it still being removed, reworked etc? .

Reworked. 33% resource penalty on all resources, and you can't toggle it on-off within 60 seconds.
28 Jun 2017, 14:56 PM

Well said buddy. The way the duo is using coh2.org for publicity and promoting their mod is rather disgusting.

Looking at the new USF buffs, I think this mod won't make it into the live game. Maybe %1 of the suggestions could be used, but not more.

Group E: Players who have like 1000 games as one faction and 20 games as the other side, and yet they proclaim themselves to be a balance designer.

Those are great needed changes, those two as you say are the best thing that happened to COH2.

If you want this game to thrive and stay alive, plz open you mind.
Thanks.
28 Jun 2017, 15:01 PM
Patrion 14

great USF changes. Jackson change is interesting... we'll see.

and ummm so did scott's each shell power got nerfed?
28 Jun 2017, 15:02 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

1.8.1 Notes

OKW changes

With consultation from DevM and a lot of playtesting from Bene, Old Shatterhand and TheLieutenant, we are also announcing our changes to USF

USF changes

Are you updating this in the first thread as well? So all patchnotes are in 1 thread?
28 Jun 2017, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2017, 15:01 PMpigsoup

great USF changes. Jackson change is interesting... we'll see.

and ummm so did scott's each shell power got nerfed?

Scott shell power has less one-hit-kill radius, but should deal damage more consistently. We have to test and see how that works with the projectile trajectory changes.
28 Jun 2017, 15:08 PM

And all TD wit range above 50 should have their accuracy lowered.

In addition it only the Allied TD that have the same accuracy for more range that actually get bonus accuracy with veterancy allowing to snipe all allied vehicles.

Vehicle Range // accuracy // accuracy on move // accuracy bonuses
Stug // 50 // 6%/5%/4% // 0.50% //
Panther // 50 // 6%/4.50%/3% // 0.50% //
JP // 60 // 6%/5%/4% // 0.50% // x115% vet 4
Firefly // 60 // 8%/7%/5% // 0.75% // x130% vet 3
Su-85 // 60 // 5.50%/4.50%/4% // 0.50% // x130% vet 2
M36 // 60 // 5%/4.50%/3.50% // 0.75% // x130% vet 2
M36 AP // 60 // 6%/5%/4% // 0.75% // x130% vet 2

As you can see M36 is more accurate on the move from its axis counter parts and from Su-85 and get accuracy vet bonuses and more accuracy from AP rounds.

To make thing even worse axis medium tanks are more expensive because they have more armor but any advantage armor gives them is totally negate by the "heavy TD" allies have since they can hit and penetrate them reliably.

"Medium TD" should not be able to penetrate reliably tanks at max range while "heavy TD" should not be able to score "natural hits" vs tank at max range.

The changes of TD with range +50 to score a "natural hit" on medium tank at max range should be down to 50-55% in order to make investing in medium tank worth it since they have usually have around 100% to penetrate and some of them deal 200 damage.

PAGES (56)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS