Login

russian armor

MARCH 28th UPDATE

PAGES (12)down
22 Mar 2017, 13:03 PM

Permanently Banned
Thanks for work guys, hope its will be work fine and you have new ideas for new patch and time with relic.
22 Mar 2017, 13:27 PM

I find it immensely reassuring that after a few months work, such pillars of quality gameplay as Brit trenches, arty cover, Maxims, Partisans etc. have been adressed.

Oh wait.

MVGame.

:(
22 Mar 2017, 13:33 PM

Long we have waited and now we Jebaited.
22 Mar 2017, 13:48 PM

Looks like AT Satchels didn't make it?
22 Mar 2017, 13:54 PM
Admin Red  Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2017, 11:33 AMluvnest
Hope the implementation will go smoothly...

If this applies we can look forward to a very good patch.
22 Mar 2017, 14:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Scope too strong
22 Mar 2017, 14:20 PM

The patch notes ought to be identical to WBP v1.9.4 notes. If you find any discrepancy between v1.9.4 notes and the patch notes, let us know so that we can fix the notes.

The only differences between v1.9.4 are fixes to highly-abusable bugs that we would never disclose until the patch hits.

Thx for the patch, gj.

I have a questionn about the Raketen.

Does it still fire into the ground as often as before?

Normally nothing will have changed with respect to raketenwerfer accuracy.

However, there's a bug in the live version that weapon teams dying under the effect of suppression/pinning receive permanent negative modifiers to their reload/accuracy/etc.
22 Mar 2017, 14:31 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Finally, good patch but still salty about the scope not including maxims and the British arty cover...
22 Mar 2017, 14:46 PM

what is this "scope" thing everyone keeps talking about ?
22 Mar 2017, 14:48 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2017, 14:46 PMrush

The community members who designed the patch had to work within a limited 'scope' set by Relic and partly based on community responses to surveys. i.e. they could only change some units and some areas of the gameplay - mainly certain early game units, light vehicles and bug fixes.
22 Mar 2017, 14:57 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2017, 14:46 PMrush

The scope in software project management is the part/functionality of a product that is planned to be improved in next iteration. In case of coh2 patches, relic usually decides what is most frustrating for players and puts that into the scope. In fact the final scope is exactly what is described in the third paragraph of WBP relese notes:

As a refresher, the changes below were designed to target specific dominate meta in order eliminate default build orders and promoting strategic diversity. The scope of this patch was focused around two primary pillars: Light Vehicle Play and Infantry Scaling, as well as, two secondary areas of Dominate Meta: Soviet Guards and Penals, and the USF Mortar. Finally, a number of Quality of Life changes such as Squad Formations and “Ghosting” have been targeted to improve gameplay and feel.

In case of WBP the scope was decided based on results of a poll that was available on official forums for everybody to fill. The poll was conducted before modders strarted to work on the patch.
22 Mar 2017, 15:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2017, 11:24 AMLeo251
Nice patch. Thanks for the patchers.
But we will need to wait another year or more to get fixes on the UP P4, UP Panther, OP Comet and OP Cromwell. And infantry crushing.

+1
22 Mar 2017, 15:35 PM

Boiz, congrats, looks like we finally get a really good patch.

Hope you won't stop and you will continue fixing this game (with more frequent patches ;) )
22 Mar 2017, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2017, 12:24 PMArray

It might be worth mentioning that before the MG didn't really work at all plus it's counters have also been nerfed

According to Relic, they fixed that over a year ago. And the greatest counters to the 222 was and is infantry, due it having less armour than my BMW i3…

So all in all, we will see less 222 spam from Ostheer players, and instead even less Ostheer players at all, because almost all remaining clutches have been kicked out from under them this patch. That is of course not really the fault of the team behind the patch, as almost everything that really needed fixing was "out of
scope" - so even with the community fixing Relic's game for them, Relic is still a fucking incompetent dickbutt about it.
22 Mar 2017, 16:09 PM

Not really hyped. I don´t see how this is going to fix turtling Brits, Comet spam and Artillery cover abuse lategame or non-viable Ostheer Panthers, Panzer IVs struggling versus cheaper Cromwells and Tigers that are little more than a glorified medium tank. And then we might be stuck with that for another half year.

The only thing I have my hopes up for are more viable Pionierspam possibilities for the lolz.
22 Mar 2017, 16:15 PM

so ostheer has been nerfed ?

22 Mar 2017, 16:16 PM

A sincere thanks to everyone that made this happen.
22 Mar 2017, 16:19 PM
Donator 11

According to Relic, they fixed that over a year ago. And the greatest counters to the 222 was and is infantry, due it having less armour than my BMW i3…

So all in all, we will see less 222 spam from Ostheer players, and instead even less Ostheer players at all, because almost all remaining clutches have been kicked out from under them this patch. That is of course not really the fault of the team behind the patch, as almost everything that really needed fixing was "out of
scope" - so even with the community fixing Relic's game for them, Relic is still a fucking incompetent dickbutt about it.

Coaxial MG42

MG42 now properly tracks infantry
Accuracy reduced from 0.6/0.425/0.25 to 0.4/0.35/0.25
Accuracy increases with veterancy: +10%/+15%/+15%
Range distance near from 10 to 0
0.75 Accuracy modifier versus Snipers (down from 1.5).
Note that, even though, it may appear that we are heavily reducing the MG’s damage output, however, the MG was never able to fire in the first place, due to a MG tracking bug.

Well they clearly didn't. I'm not disputing your general point, despite all the accumulated tiny buffs ostheer sniper camo nerf and 222 expense nerf are going to make things tough but Ostheer players are used to things being difficult.
22 Mar 2017, 16:20 PM

Permanently Banned
Finally, good patch but still salty about the scope not including maxims and the British arty cover...

Wait wait man, so commandos from house, cromwels, comets are fine ? :snfPeter:
Or one player can not win without it ? :foreveralone:
22 Mar 2017, 16:27 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2017, 16:15 PMrush
so ostheer has been nerfed ?

General ostheer buffs:

Improved spacing
cheaper better medkits that squads can use on themselves
shared veterancy for their half-track
pioneers pop cost reduction and small accuracy increase
Panzer grenadiers get some of their received accuracy boost at vet 1 instead of all at vet 2.

Nerfs to other factions that help ostheer (not exhaustive):

penals lose flamethrower, pop increase vet 3 rec. acc. nerf
guards more expensive, ptrs does less damage to infantry plus some other stuff
T-70 nerfed (vs infantry)
Stuart nerfed (vs infantry)
AEC nerfed (vs infantry)
Quad half track nerfed (vs infantry)
partisan grenades nerfed
infiltration commandos camo nerfed
US mortar shorter range less damage nerf
Rifles vet 3 recc. acc. nerf
1919 can't be dual wielded
Rear echelons can't double equip (I think)
Royal engineers can't double equip

I'm sure there's more - some of the bug fixes will help I think - all small stuff really but perhaps cumulatively significant

Ostheer nerfs

camo nerf affects sniper
222 more expensive though should do more consistent damage vs infantry
penals can upgrade ptrs

PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %