Login

russian armor

MARCH 28th UPDATE

PAGES (12)down
31 Mar 2017, 11:36 AM

Steam:
Achievements:
You have nearly unlocked: Torched. Upgrade30 Penal Battalions with Flamethrowers and kill 300 infantry with Penal Battalions.

How am I meant to get that now?
31 Mar 2017, 12:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2017, 11:36 AMNano
Steam:
Achievements:
You have nearly unlocked: Torched. Upgrade30 Penal Battalions with Flamethrowers and kill 300 infantry with Penal Battalions.

How am I meant to get that now?

Campaign :romeoMug:
31 Mar 2017, 14:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Campaign :romeoMug:

Mods
31 Mar 2017, 16:16 PM

a hotfix that doesnt come 3 weeks later? wow PogChamp
2 Apr 2017, 23:00 PM

A combination of abusive meta (OP Penals, OP Light vehicles) made it impossible/unattractive to utilise the rest of the assets of T1 (Sniper/M3A1). With the changes T1 should feel less like a "Company of Penals".

Penal satchel is meant as a stop-gag solution for lights that try to circlestrafe your Zis gun. In the late-game you can combine the satchel with button.

For PTRS, you are supposed to use the fact that they have a high drop chance on Penals. That way you -might- be able to reclaim Penals for late-game use (after you used their PTRS to go through the early-game), pass their PTRS over to Conscripts.

Try to think of how you would adapt in the new meta.

I still don't see much sense in using soviet snipers or m3's. In fact, the penal changes made the use of these units even more unlikely to me.

Penal satchel as a "stop-gag" solution for lights circlestrafing my Zis guns? What's the point in turning an ability into even more situational cheese (especially with required T2 in this case), with a slow and interruptible throw against pacey lights? And no oorah? The stickiness is a nice thing, but not enough to justify that.

So I'm supposed to use my PTRS for a brief time, only to let them drop (again, it's just cheese when you need to drop your squad upgrade) and then be left with another infantry unit that doesn't scale alongside conscripts?

What exactly do these changes bring apart from short-lived PTRS use (in all honesty, I'd rather use guards for their PTRS and DP + button combo, including usable nades), and ultimately increased dependence on elite anti-inf infantry, and thus commanders, as well as more situational cheese?

Oh wait, did I forget the completely unnecessary pop cap increase?

I know that I only have criticised your suggestions, but because I still lack any reasonable ideas for reliable and effective PTRS penal use, I remain with the opinion that the change may sound nice upon a first look, but doesn't work in practice, hence not being of benefit to proper balance.
9 Apr 2017, 19:41 PM

Good feeling in 4vs4 !!! nice

Thanks

I only win as axis these days. No wonder. I fired the Stuart constantly at infantry with minimal movement for one minute and it got two kills. And just before that it came from haveing repaired after firing for 25 seconds and getting one kill and attracting aggro. If the stuart has no light vehicle targets it might as well be parked somewhere instead of using microing concentration for nothing.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
France 27

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak