Login

russian armor

Winter Balance Preview Changelog

PAGES (23)down
1 Dec 2016, 01:50 AM

So, when is this mod going to get fixed? I got all sorts of bugs with it.

I agree about m20, but ptrs has a good accuracy. Especially against infantry. If it was bad, no one would use them. But we have opposite situation now.

if "good accuracy" is motive to nerf things, then 90% of axis units needs to be nerfed.

Guards were Okay units at best. now they are useless.
1 Dec 2016, 07:00 AM

I played the mod yesterday. u can spam guards-penal into t34 as soviet.

the guards penal combo is still strong.

in city maps u have no chance as OKW against this combo...it is an easy win
1 Dec 2016, 07:43 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

In the coh2live Snipers have sprint with this commander. Some change in Winter balance?

1 Dec 2016, 08:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2016, 23:29 PMRappy
@Mr Smith:

Seeing as bugfixes are, as you say, "within the scope of this patch" any word on if the Battlegroup healing rate bug will be fixed?

We believe that the following changes will make MedHQ an already more valuable tier, and also make healing more accessible and affordable OKW as a whole:
- FlakHT receiving major buffs to its utility and synergy with infantry
- Medkits becoming more available, and more affordable
- The QoL change that makes medics avoid chasing after retreating infantry, which should cut down the time until healing can commence.

Thus, we decided to revert the healing rate buff of MedHQ from 8 to 5, to bring OKW healing in line with other base-medic factions. Players need not be alarmed by it though, since the healing rate increase was not applied in the first place.

This is because we do not want to create super-tiers for any faction in the game.
1 Dec 2016, 08:37 AM

My Opinion to the Mod:

- Luchs is now useless (to fragil cause every allie faction bloobs with handheld AT, its AI was nerfed )
- raketen still diying like flys, aim too long, shoot in the ground
- piats now feel stronger
- penal guards combo is still (really to) strong (u blobb them into t34/85...easy game)
- USF mortar is now ok
- pls make Puma and FlakHT immun vs smarl arms weapons
- Pumas AI was never used...dont know why it was nerfed
1 Dec 2016, 11:13 AM

Hallo WB Mod Team.
I wanted to ask you if you have a Roadmap for the Mod.

When is the release going to be? Winter in Europe is 3 months long (December, January and February) :D

Is there a second and third WB Mod Patch on this roadmap(hopefully)? The more you balance/fix the more people will be happy inhere and the whining/bitching/ranting/crying could finally get toned down a bit(wishful thinking because it will never go away completely :)).

I hope this works out well and you guys will release many more patches (i really hope we get as far as a Spring Balance Mode or maybe you can balance/fix this much sooner :)).

P.S. I am not a pro player but i think most of the changes are good. But I disagree with one or two.
Guards weren't that good to deserve such a huge nerf (at least remove the manpower nerf). I thing the synergy with penals made them look so/to good. Also make them not drop the PTRS rifles and give them the ability to buy their DPs back if they drop one.
Guards are a walking liability in that mater (dropping weapons).

Keep it up and don't let people get to you!

1 Dec 2016, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2016, 13:15 PMLatch

Considering it comes with the useless "Cold package" which is why I suspect it's price is what it is, more so when you consider Pgrens get 1x shreck at 60 muni (120 for whole package(2x shrecks)).

And then we take a look at all the factors at play here (instead of omitting everything that doesn't suit our point), only to see that Ostheer teching is more expensive in return, and that PzGrens are a more vulnerable, more expensive unit. "HOW DARE THEY BE BETTER AT SOMETHING WHILE COSTING MORE", to more or less use your words…
1 Dec 2016, 11:42 AM

Will be also russian mortar more mirrored after all those nerfs they got in their Ai department (penals, guards, T70, quad ...)

And then RIP T1 again in pieces.
1 Dec 2016, 11:56 AM

And then RIP T1 again in pieces.

So you want to tell me that your nerf factions tier1 by buffing factions tier2. Oh come on
1 Dec 2016, 13:04 PM

What about OKW flak HQ into IGs spam in 2v2? Right now its braindead strategy, when one OKW goes heavyly into IGs and second one defending him and they sit on 1 VP and fuel waiting for flak HQ.

Ones flak HQ done ( its about like 6-7 mins of the game, at this point allies usually wont have power to push okw back because of constant reinforsing via med track) OKW starts agressively moving his IGs closer and closer and pretty much snipe any of your inf, while supportive OKW helps clear out.

TD:LR OKW simsity can be done way too fast, and only soviet 120mm mortar can effectively counter IGs spam, and there is pretty much no window or no draw back of playing as arty spam OKW in 2v2 right now.

You are exaggerating how soon okw gets to t3. Like they would need to have a avg fuel income of 21 per minute for the first six minutes. Furthermore you're mad because teamwork actually works? Furthermore disparagingly saying the 120mm is the only counter is silly, a good chunk of su docs have it and it's better than the isg

This of course doesn't mention the fact that the isg is pritty meh at the moment and going t1 first is a noob trap in this light vehicle meta.
1 Dec 2016, 13:58 PM

are there any changes in patch? is there a list of changes that considered to be implement? is there a accurate list of what changes are currently implemented in the mod?
1 Dec 2016, 14:25 PM

I really wish relic could allow reverting Soviet infantry to its early design state. All doctrines are either NKVD, Shock, or Guard armies and so grant either penals, shock troops (who would need to buy ppshs once more) or guards (who'd need to buy ptrs or dp28) in T1. This way no penals+guard cheese, and doctrines (kind of?) revived.
1 Dec 2016, 17:24 PM

We believe that the following changes will make MedHQ an already more valuable tier, and also make healing more accessible and affordable OKW as a whole:
- FlakHT receiving major buffs to its utility and synergy with infantry
- Medkits becoming more available, and more affordable
- The QoL change that makes medics avoid chasing after retreating infantry, which should cut down the time until healing can commence.

Thus, we decided to revert the healing rate buff of MedHQ from 8 to 5, to bring OKW healing in line with other base-medic factions. Players need not be alarmed by it though, since the healing rate increase was not applied in the first place.

This is because we do not want to create super-tiers for any faction in the game.

I'm somewhat confused your reasoning. My understanding is that the buff to med-kits on SPs (including how much HP they heal), making them available at vet 0, and the MUN price reduction was to make going MRHQ first viable without sacrificing healing. In my opinion the balance team has succeeded. I used it a bunch of times during testing last night and it does do what you intended. It is more micro intensive but not having to wait for vet 1 is huge for this being viable. Overall I say good change.

On the other hand three medics healing at 8, which is the default of other healers, should be the norm, especially since you are paying for the medics now. While the medics not chasing will help, I'm not sure I agree it would completely make up for that HP/sec loss. I have played this change in Miragefla's CE mod and in no way did it seem unbalancing, especially when everyone crowds around the BGHQ to get healed.

I just don't see upping the medics' heal to 8 unbalancing in playtest and it also seems fair considering OKW pays for medics. Obviously Relic's intention was to have increased healing now that the medic were researched and not default. I also can't see putting med-kits down to supplement things if you went BGHQ first.

Any chance you guys would reconsider?
1 Dec 2016, 17:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Um it is. Its not feedback for the mod its my question in general, because mortars were nerfed because they were overperforming at vet 3, while IGs was unchached with its range, accuracy and power and its still OKW cheese meta in 2v2. All I want to just hear the point of why its wasnt somehow changed or ajusted.

Cause mortars at vet 3 were not supposed to have that range buff, no one asked for them and they still implemented it on the last patch.
ISG is not overperforming, but rather annoying to face (same as 120mm). ISG needs better barrage, probably smoke (n maybe Hollow shells for sake of identity) and antigarrison capabilities at the expense of a worst AA range and accuracy. But that's out of the scope of this patch.
Long range indirect fire (120mm, ISG, Pack Howie, Mortar pit) should be less of deploy and forget and require a bit more input if you want to use that extended range. But that's just IMO.

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2016, 23:26 PMRappy
I understand the nerfs and the pretty big noob buff (homing projectile). But what I am getting at is their effectiveness relative to schreks for the price. I think they are far better value than sturm schreks in this mod.

Then your complain is not mostly about the PIAT rather than the SP schreck cost, which again, is not a specific issue with this mod rather than the live game.
1 Dec 2016, 17:42 PM

I'm somewhat confused your reasoning. My understanding is that the buff to med-kits on SPs (including how much HP they heal), making them available at vet 0, and the MUN price reduction was to make going MRHQ first viable without sacrificing healing. In my opinion the balance team has succeeded. I used it a bunch of times during testing last night and it does do what you intended. It is more micro intensive but not having to wait for vet 1 is huge for this being viable. Overall I say good change.

On the other hand three medics healing at 8, which is the default of other healers, should be the norm, especially since you are paying for the medics now. While the medics not chasing will help, I'm not sure I agree it would completely make up for that HP/sec loss. I have played this change in Miragefla's CE mod and in no way did it seem unbalancing, especially when everyone crowds around the BGHQ to get healed.

I just don't see upping the medics' heal to 8 unbalancing in playtest and it also seems fair considering OKW pays for medics. Obviously Relic's intention was to have increased healing now that the medic were researched and not default. I also can't see putting med-kits down to supplement things if you went BGHQ first.

Any chance you guys would reconsider?

- The default of all healers in the game is 5 HP/sec.
- UKF/USF medic squads also heal 5 HP/sec, but this is done on the entire squad
- Ambulance and Tommy heal is 2 HP/sec, but those are aura heals
(NB: Tommy heal duration is 30 secs, this means it may fail to heal a squad to full)
- Ostheer medkits is 4 HP/sec, on the entire squad, with a 6 second delay to start applying
- IIRC, Sturmpioneer medkits is 5 HP/sec, again on the entire squad
- Vet3 Volksgrenadiers get passive healing. Thus, nullifying the need to stick around the med truck

1 Dec 2016, 18:40 PM

- The default of all healers in the game is 5 HP/sec.
- UKF/USF medic squads also heal 5 HP/sec, but this is done on the entire squad
(NB: Tommy heal duration is 30 secs, this means it may fail to heal a squad to full)
- Ostheer medkits is 4 HP/sec, on the entire squad, with a 6 second delay to start applying
- IIRC, Sturmpioneer medkits is 5 HP/sec, again on the entire squad
- Vet3 Volksgrenadiers get passive healing. Thus, nullifying the need to stick around the med truck

Thank you for the clarification.
1 Dec 2016, 21:31 PM

Thank you for the clarification.

:'D

shut down
1 Dec 2016, 22:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Reminded of having to wait until all my squads are back to use the Ambulance and then seeing some of them not be at full health afterwards too, then I have to micro the damn medics :hansRAGE:
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS