Login

russian armor

June 21st Balance update

PAGES (19)down
16 Jun 2016, 20:36 PM

Little bit lukewarm...

Happy for russia tanks improvement, but sad for removing random critical engine (either from mines or others reasons) and my zooky captain. :huh:

IMO, randomization is a good levelling modifier. Mines are good things to break an offensive's opponent, as they can break engine and vehicle speed indeed.

For me, remove the random lead to predictable stuff...

Remember the time when you can break tracks and see the tank immobilized and needed engineers... :*(

What remains unpredictable is that the opponent doesn't know about the mine. Having a predictable outcome to a mistake though is nice. Imagine you drove your new KT onto the field and it hit a mine and gets immobilized from full heatlth. Then the russian drops airplane bombs on it and it dies. How is that fair or balanced? You shouldn't lose games etc from pure chance.
16 Jun 2016, 20:40 PM

They kept the Volk StG, I'm so happy!
16 Jun 2016, 20:46 PM
Donator 11

Am I the only one who shakes his head over the mine changes?

Mines only doing damage to 2 squad members is pretty underwhealming!

I agree that the balance preview mines felt a little underwhealming too, but imagine this:

OKW mines now can damage a maximum of 2 entities of a conscript squad. Thats underwhealming to say the least.

How about the following:
Mines do 80 damage to 2 squad members and 79 to all else squad members. That would fix the problem.

Any thoughts?

Oh and lets not forget that if you take their words seriously the mine changes mean Riegel mines dont immobilize anymore. What are they then good for?!
16 Jun 2016, 20:50 PM
Patrion 14

Disappointing to see there are no changes to light vehicle meta.
16 Jun 2016, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 20:36 PMNosliw

What remains unpredictable is that the opponent doesn't know about the mine. Having a predictable outcome to a mistake though is nice. Imagine you drove your new KT onto the field and it hit a mine and gets immobilized from full heatlth. Then the russian drops airplane bombs on it and it dies. How is that fair or balanced? You shouldn't lose games etc from pure chance.

Depends on which side you are, you'll be upset or excited, and chance normally balances the battle. Once game, luck is with you and not in an other.

I recognized that it will depend also on what are you ready to accept in a video game. Personally, i like random and some "one-shot" hits. If we tend to a realistic game, sometimes it happens that a lucky shot break tracks and ruins your panzer attack.

It reminds me that russian soldiers during ww2 still use their antitank rifles against heavy armor like Tiger. But they aim at optics or tracks, even the tank leader if he puts his head out... No need to destroy a tank, an immobilized one is also useless :thumb:
Are we ready to accept that ? Depends of people and their vision of CoH2. :)

(Forget Relic's vision, they mess up everything, with a mix of realistic and nameless Relic logical)
16 Jun 2016, 21:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 19:18 PMBudwise
Brace is still a broken mechanic especially when combined with sim city doc. Free non doc button click wins vs 200+ muni arty strikes. Makes sense...

Until this is fixed, brit emplacements will continue to be broken.

Becasue this is how you use expensive off-maps. Use it when brace is ready to use... :rolleyes:
16 Jun 2016, 21:03 PM

Am I the only one who shakes his head over the mine changes?

Mines only doing damage to 2 squad members is pretty underwhealming!

I agree that the balance preview mines felt a little underwhealming too, but imagine this:

OKW mines now can damage a maximum of 2 entities of a conscript squad. Thats underwhealming to say the least.

How about the following:
Mines do 80 damage to 2 squad members and 79 to all else squad members. That would fix the problem.

Any thoughts?

Oh and lets not forget that if you take their words seriously the mine changes mean Riegel mines dont immobilize anymore. What are they then good for?!

Will have to test it out for sure - Kyle isn't always the most precise in his posts so it might just be how its worded and the mines still deal less than lethal damage to other models. Keep in mind that the new mines still deal suppression as well so 2 causalities + suppression isn't a bad deal. Unfortunately it has to be that way or else Schu Mines would be OP vs. Brits.
16 Jun 2016, 21:08 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 19:48 PMcapiqua
I think the bugs are known from 6 months.
- JPIV camopredator
- Stun nades
- Tommies vet3

Relic include them in the patch 21June, pls

One more thing; Anvil- Advanced Warning It's bugged

16 Jun 2016, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 19:18 PMBudwise
Brace is still a broken mechanic especially when combined with sim city doc. Free non doc button click wins vs 200+ muni arty strikes. Makes sense...

Until this is fixed, brit emplacements will continue to be broken.

Actually, this is EXACTLY why brace exists.

This is the very reason for it.
16 Jun 2016, 21:14 PM

Agreed with Katitof. If you can't be patient and wait for Brace to go on cooldown before using those abilities, your judgement as a commander, I'm sorry to say, is flawed.
16 Jun 2016, 21:19 PM
16 Jun 2016, 21:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 21:10 PMKatitof

Actually, this is EXACTLY why brace exists.

This is the very reason for it.

They could easily make artillery strikes do slightly less than lethal damage to emplacements if you are saying this is the very reason for brace. In other words it is not a very good reason at all.
16 Jun 2016, 21:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 21:20 PMRappy

They could easily make artillery strikes do slightly less than lethal damage to emplacements if you are saying this is the very reason for brace. In other words it is not a very good reason at all.

Well, back in alpha, for emplacements to be resistent enough to off-maps and arty barrages they had to have basically OKW truck level of health and they did.

Then HP was lowered greatly and bonus explosive modifiers were put in.
16 Jun 2016, 21:29 PM

bofors is the only one that can defend it's self. You can drive right up to the mortar and at emplacement as long as no infantry get in your way.

Still how are you gonna drive up to a well-placed mortar which is placed behind the front line (as long as the enemy is not retarded)? and remain undetected?

That thing makes such a huge noise
16 Jun 2016, 21:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 19:36 PMBudwise

Not really. I've been experimenting with Goliaths the past week and they're extremely fragile to small arms, like melting fragile. You really have to have them in position and ready to blow or else you'll probably just waste 100 muni if you try to move them at the last moment more than a few feet. They're also extremely clumsy and slow and don't get road speed bonuses making a rush on an emplacement kinda a joke. If you ever get a Goliath close to a Bofors the other player should leave just for allowing that to even happen. Hell you can't even get a P4 close to a Bofors without taking serious damage.

Bofors can penetrate a heavy tank like Panther frontally.

And Goliath engine noise is just a huge give away to anyone who isn't deaf.
16 Jun 2016, 21:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 20:06 PMWygrif

I think a lot of folks are missing the impact of this on Brits. LeFH is the sim city ender.

Counter battery can end LefH on any smaller 2v2 maps.

And cancer regiment still got Precision Off Map.
16 Jun 2016, 21:35 PM

Still how are you gonna drive up to a well-placed mortar which is placed behind the front line (as long as the enemy is not retarded)? and remain undetected?

That thing makes such a huge noise
I'm just saying it's possible. Not that it's easy to do. I don't think the goliath is supposed to be a reliable counter to emplacements, it's just that before the goliath did so little damage it was worthless even if you did pull it off.
16 Jun 2016, 21:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

so im reading this right....the crush change didnt make it?
16 Jun 2016, 21:38 PM

About time the .50 cal has an anti-vehicle role.

And I'm digging the weaker armor on the heavies. Nice there's some weak point to them when flanking with glass tanks.
16 Jun 2016, 21:40 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Problem with coh2 is that Relic doesn't seem to keep their focus straight. CoH2 at launch was this brutal game with brutal weather, brutal artillery, etc. Mine changes take that away. WFA/Brits took that away.

It's all for balance but maybe there could've been less focus on veterancy so a vanilla unit isn't completely outclassed by something that's vet 3. Maybe there could be balance while having units die quicker.

It's quite nostalgic to look back at coh2 in 2012/2013 and see the differences that are in it now.

coh3 has got to stick with its feel the whole way through. Changing it up doesn't do anyone justice.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS