Login

russian armor

April 27th Balance Preview Mod Release Notes

PAGES (24)down
22 Apr 2016, 09:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 08:19 AMClick

Wow! it has more range than pak40? I didn't knew that. GG lelic.

he meant shreck not pak 40
22 Apr 2016, 09:13 AM

Brummbär :wub:

This balance preview in general does so much good for blob control. Volks running around with Schrecks gone, Ostheer lategame anti blob buffed. MG34s non doctrinal to help OKW supress. The game should turn out way better this way.
22 Apr 2016, 09:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 08:42 AMSahinK
Unbelievably good.. Wow....

But shrecks should be avbailable for some unit in OKW, maybe panzer fusiliers....

Unlikely, PanzerFusilier are light infantry so their primary role is AI not AT, same goes to Jaeger squad
Anti-Tank should be carried out by Heavy Infantry...Eh:foreveralone:.......cant be Ober
22 Apr 2016, 09:29 AM

-maybe double panzerschereck on sturmpio or ober....

-i love brumbar
-wow penals now are terminator
22 Apr 2016, 09:32 AM

Sturmpio should get the panzershreck for 90 munition I think
22 Apr 2016, 09:43 AM
Donator 11

volks with faust improve synergy with raketen. Despite the shortened range, the raketen still have excellent survivability due to cloak and the ability to retreat. It's a very cost efficient unit at 270 mp.

note that the preview isn't 100% identical to miragefla's mod. For one thing the faust on the volks actually disable the engine instead of a temporary stun.

this is ultimately about the medical truck, of the faust+raketen is enough to fight the allied light vehicle. Try buffing the flak HT's pen if light vehicle turn out to be a problem. Instead of buffing units that are already decent, underused units should be buffed instead.

what do you think of the t 34/76 changes? do you think it will make any difference?
22 Apr 2016, 09:59 AM

Sturmpioneer is the only other unit I think the Shreck makes any sense on. Nobody's gonna put them on Obers even if you had the option. Too expensive.
22 Apr 2016, 10:06 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 09:17 AMHikuran
Unlikely, PanzerFusilier are light infantry so their primary role is AI not AT, same goes to Jaeger squad
Anti-Tank should be carried out by Heavy Infantry...Eh:foreveralone:.......cant be Ober

Stimmt Nicht!
Panzerschrecks could be carried by regular infantry.
Just create a new unit, if the Volks can't have them.
Panzerjägers from either Mechanized Regiment HQ or Battlegroup Headquarters.
22 Apr 2016, 10:08 AM
Donator 22

I like a lot of these changes, MG for OKW is nice, firefly was so OP with the rockets before so also a good change, counter barrage was just a terrible idea so nerf is nice although now it seems it will be almost useless since its not going to be worth the muni as its so inaccurate it wont hit shit in 30 secs, it was too powerful before but I bet its rarely used now. Brummbar change good I like using this unit, RNG mines fix is so good, T34 buff is nice although increase in close range pen would be good.

Yes Volk blob needed nerf but no change to raketen seems short-sighted, as many have pointed out lack of AT infantry was one of the Sov major gripes I can see OKW just getting rolled by rifle/penal blobs into M5 and USA HT, especially since you will have 1 less volk squad for the rakketen. IMO it would have been much better to change the shrecks to an AT rifle of some sort to counter light vehicles and not enable late game blob. OKW now have so many anti infantry squads: volks, strums, obers, fusilers, falls, jaegers. I already thought that falls didn't gel well with the OKW style since the T4 change as you always have to get T4 so it kind of makes obers and falls competing units (yes they are slightly different but essentially do the same thing). When Jadpanzer was T1 for example you could delay T4 significantly and still have a balanced AT/AI army. Just like how fusilers where a nice addition to early volks play for extra AI that scaled but now once again they are directly competing for the same AI role what's the point? its just bad design just like how no one used penals for ages as they were basically slightly better cons just doing the same role so no real added value. What makes the game interesting and strategic is having units that differ so that you have to create a balanced force and micro effectively. Not having like 5-6 units all doing the same or similar things or 1 unit that does everything.

IMO there have been alot of these style patches where relic makes well intentioned balance changes but forgets that some of these reverse or nullify prior changes and/or make other units kind of pointless to ever use.

22 Apr 2016, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 23:06 PMRappy

Translation: I want to do even less work to earn my Brit victories. I want to be able to play this game with a gamepad.

Also, PIATs can definitely hit stationary targets. Plus they have longer range than panzerschreks same damage, more deflection, less penetration, faster reload. Then factor in you can have two on one engineer or other squad and it's pretty damn good.

Yeah but thats why we see such a flourishing PIAT meta......oh
22 Apr 2016, 11:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 11:29 AMGrim

Yeah but thats why we see such a flourishing PIAT meta......oh

You are clearly not playing same game as me. PIAT blobs are EVERYWHERE.
22 Apr 2016, 11:55 AM

1. I really like 99% of the changes in the Balance preview mod that don't have to do with OKW.

- All of the quality-of-life changes (e.g., artillery flares, Pioneer sandbags)
- Redifining the roles of some units to better fit the late-game (e.g., SU-85, Scott)

2. I have severe reservations about the proposed changes to OKW.

The changes to OKW in the preview mod are not representative of the changes in Miragefla's preview mod. e.g.,
- OKW doesn't get smoke in the Balance preview mod
- The buffs to the raketen have been completely left out
- Side-upgrade for FlakHQ left out

Regardless of that, I fear that the mobility nerfs to the faction (removed schreck), coupled with non-doc dirt-cheap suppression will completely alter the character of OKW, and not necessarily for the better:

- I don't think it will be possible to coordinate any serious aggressive pushes with that loadout (no schrecks, raketens are not very fast, no smoke, did I mention no schrecks?)
- Forward retreat points + FlakHQ + 210 MP suppression = best turtling faction in the game
- (All of this, assuming that the OKW can survive in the AT department somehow)

Regarding reining-in the Volks blob & retaining the aggressive character of OKW, I am starting to warm up a bit more to Brad's ideas in the following thread:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/51977/farewell-hello-breaking-brad

i.e., (among other things:)
- Panzerschreck range reduced from 35 to 30
- Make it impossible for troops to carry double LMGs

3. I am not sure about the mines changes.

- Now that door-mine cheese is gone, infiltration cheese will have an easier time.
- In Miragefla's mod, infiltration units could only spawn from friendly territory.

It would be nice if at least 1-2 squad members also died in the explosion. I'm not sure if it is mod-able though.

4. I really hope that Relic also copy-pastes the hundreds of bugfixes that Miragefla painstakingly has included in his mod.

- There is no excuse for that!
22 Apr 2016, 11:59 AM

omg mines finally don't wipe ...i will start to play this game again.
22 Apr 2016, 12:11 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 07:50 AMHitman5

:foreveralone:

Raketen has terrible survivability.

I mean nothing a little received accuracy modifier cant fix. It already gets cloak. Just increasing its arc and range to match other AT should make OKW play on the same field as other factions.
Give rekten increased range and fire arc to match other AT guns (possibly remove cloak)

Maybe giving the ISG smoke rounds wouldn't be a bad idea
22 Apr 2016, 12:13 PM

Finally, some awesome (and some uneasy) changes.

So happy about the T34/76 but does make me think about the T34 85.

With the T34/76 and SU85 changes makes more doctrines viable (not like thats a bad thing, it very good) but I hope you guys get my point.

In short, how do they both compare now?
22 Apr 2016, 12:44 PM
Donator 11

Finally, some awesome (and some uneasy) changes.

So happy about the T34/76 but does make me think about the T34 85.

With the T34/76 and SU85 changes makes more doctrines viable (not like thats a bad thing, it very good) but I hope you guys get my point.

In short, how do they both compare now?

I mean the t-34/85 still has a standard higher pen but I feel like the 76 would be more cost effective since its main hull turret and coax got a buff. Maybe standardization of the coax and hull mg would be a good idea, maybe not? idk but you bring up a valid point
22 Apr 2016, 13:41 PM

Can someone explain to me the significance of the making units spawn from buildings change? I don't really follow why that supposed to be a good thing.
22 Apr 2016, 13:46 PM

Can someone explain to me the significance of the making units spawn from buildings change? I don't really follow why that supposed to be a good thing.

Quicker on field, possible better chance in fending off base rushes, speeds up very early game a bit by allowing units to arrive around 20-30 seconds faster where they should be.
22 Apr 2016, 13:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 13:46 PMKatitof

Quicker on field, possible better chance in fending off base rushes, speeds up very early game a bit by allowing units to arrive around 20-30 seconds faster where they should be.

In 1v1, perhaps it might shave off 5-10 seconds of movement time.

However, in 2v2 and up, you will be unable to spawn units from your allies' base etc.

I don't want to be a Cassandra, but this sounds like a complete disaster waiting to happen for 3v3:
- You have all those 4v4 maps used for 3v3 (e.g., City 17)
- You can't control which of the 4 bases will be occupied by you and your teammates
- If the random placement screws you up a bit, that change will ensure you will never get a good grip of a remote sector.

Now, regarding base-sector rushes, I am not sure how it will help you fend these off. At the very least it will make your spawn points more predictable (and, thus, camp-able).
22 Apr 2016, 13:55 PM

-maybe double panzerschereck on sturmpio or ober....

*Cough* Panzerjäger *Cough*

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 09:32 AMUGBEAR
Sturmpio should get the panzershreck for 90 munition I think

Sturmpioneer is the only other unit I think the Shreck makes any sense on. Nobody's gonna put them on Obers even if you had the option. Too expensive.

Relic, Panzerjäger or :hansGG: #dedgaem #ripokw #alsofuckthosechangestomines.

Stimmt Nicht!
Panzerschrecks could be carried by regular infantry.
Just create a new unit, if the Volks can't have them.
Panzerjägers from either Mechanized Regiment HQ or Battlegroup Headquarters.

Congratulation! You have a brain! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 746
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %