Login

russian armor

April 27th Balance Preview Mod Release Notes

PAGES (24)down
26 Apr 2016, 03:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 02:55 AMVuther

Nah, I meant historically.

Well due to the danger of going off topic due to historical nature ill make it brief.

What: Mainline infantry
Why: Depleting manpowe
When: late war 1944
What are they: basically german conscripts

Essentially VOLKSgrendiers (means people in german, such as VOLKSwagon or "people car") are a a rapidly conscripted force to rebuild many of the shattered "grendier" or actual regular army soldiers after years and several massive defeats at the hands if the allies.

Where they as effective as the grendiers of days past?

Well its debatable, on one hand you have a battle hardend tough professional soldiers which where the grendiers and on the other a Volksgrendier recently created to make up shortages, this meant it could be wounded soldier press back to service after recovery, but realistically most of the time it was average joe hans the baker down the street.

At the end they where mildy effective with mix results, they where equip whith larger sums of automatic weapons to make up lack of numbers and lack of proper training,think african child soldiers who are given full auto AkS with little to no training which in turn are just as effective when used as mass volume fire techniques.

Edit edit so many mistakes.
26 Apr 2016, 03:37 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 03:11 AMGenObi

Well due to the danger of going off topic due to historical nature ill make it brief.

Essentially VOLKSgrendiers (means people in german, such as VOLKSwagon or "people car") are a a rapidly conscripted force to rebuild many of the shattered "grendier" or actual regular army soldiers after years and several massive defeats at the hands if the allies.

Where they as effective as the grendiers of days past?

Well its debatable, on one hand you have a battle hardend tough professional soldiers which where the grendiers and on the other a Volksgrendier recently created to make up shortages, this meant it could be wounded soldier press back to service after recovery, but realistically most of the time it was average joe hans the baker down the street.

At the end they where mildy effective with mix results, they where equip whith larger sums of automatic weapons to make up lack of numbers and lack of proper training,think african child soldiers who are given full auto AkS with little to no training which in turn are just as effective when used as mass volume fire techniques.

Edit edit so many mistakes.

Oh uh, already knew that. I was talking about weaponry allocation in the Volksgrenadier Divisions in very specific terms.
26 Apr 2016, 04:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 03:37 AMVuther

Oh uh, already knew that. I was talking about weaponry allocation in the Volksgrenadier Divisions in very specific terms.

well thats pretty straight forward,

you got your usual suspects
kars 98
stg's
mp 40's
Grewher's
mg 42's
mg34's
panzerfaust
and not commonly know older weapons as shortages exist like..

Maschinengewehr 08 ww1
Maschinengewehr 30(t) a checz weapon
MG 45 a "emergency alternative" mg mostly issued to VolksStrum units
Maschinenpistole 16, 28 and rare cases 34

honestly it was a variety of weapons, really anything they can get their hands on.

26 Apr 2016, 04:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 04:03 AMGenObi

well thats pretty straight forward,

you got your usual suspects
kars 98
stg's
mp 40's
Grewher's
mg 42's
mg34's
panzerfaust
and not commonly know older weapons as shortages exist like..

Maschinengewehr 08 ww1
Maschinengewehr 30(t) a checz weapon
MG 45 a "emergency alternative" mg mostly issued to VolksStrum units
Maschinenpistole 16, 28 and rare cases 34

honestly it was a variety of weapons, really anything they can get their hands on.

I think Vuther is making the point that the Volksgrenadier divisions, compared to the veteran Grenadier formations, had proportionally more automatic weapons allocated to them; not only the Sturmgewehrs, but also MP40s (apparently there were two given to each squad versus just one for the squad leader in regular divisions). Because there weren't enough StGs to go around in full, they supplemented their firepower with additional MP40s, and so it wouldn't be amiss to perhaps give OKW Volksgrenadier units in CoH2 some sort of MP40 upgrade (in addition to their StG44s?).
26 Apr 2016, 04:47 AM

Hey, one StG for a squad leader and 4 mp40s for the rest would fit nicely.
26 Apr 2016, 04:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 04:36 AMDaciaJC

I think Vuther is making the point that the Volksgrenadier divisions, compared to the veteran Grenadier formations, had proportionally more automatic weapons allocated to them; not only the Sturmgewehrs, but also MP40s (apparently there were two given to each squad versus just one for the squad leader in regular divisions). Because there weren't enough StGs to go around in full, they supplemented their firepower with additional MP40s, and so it wouldn't be amiss to perhaps give OKW Volksgrenadier units in CoH2 some sort of MP40 upgrade (in addition to their StG44s?).

Maybe have a "sergeant" with a mp 40 included in the squad? same 5 man squad just one has a mp40
26 Apr 2016, 05:11 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I think and wish, that volks would get mp40's instead of stg44's.
26 Apr 2016, 05:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 05:11 AMSpanky
I think and wish, that volks would get mp40's instead of stg44's.

I dont.
As an exclusive OKW and Axis fanboy, I welcome having some blob control for OKW.
Time to get out and teach Baker a lesson
26 Apr 2016, 05:53 AM
Patrion 14

Hmm i like that the rear amour of the big tanks are reduced, now u can go in and swarm does fuckers :)...
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS