Login

russian armor

April 27th Balance Preview Mod Release Notes

PAGES (24)down
aaa
22 Apr 2016, 06:47 AM

My main point: OKW is kinda-sorta balanced in 1v1 at the moment. This patch would completely tilt balance in favor of the Allies. Who has most/least manpower costs to tech is irrelevant. The big picture of overall balance is what matters here.

Late game OKW is definately not balanced currently. Dealing with panther kt combo with stationary big at gun behind is not easiest thing now.
Or commnad panther that marks target and increases damage by 50%.
Thats doesnt justify some of those changes though.
22 Apr 2016, 06:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 06:13 AMVuther

Dev said they define "core" as tech tree units.

So unless they spring something on us, that should includes Obers and ISGs.

The simple solution to Obers and ISGs would be to have them pop out of the OKW HQ truck back at base instead of the truck that built them.

An even simpler solution would be to just reduce all core infantry build times by the 10 seconds it takes for those units to walk in from off map.
22 Apr 2016, 07:09 AM

But which OKW-unit will get the Panzerschreck?

The same one which corresponds to soviet stock AT infantry :sibHyena:
22 Apr 2016, 07:10 AM

But which OKW-unit will get the Panzerschreck?
Ok, I am not a top 200 player, so I should shut up as someone said here earlier. :thumb:

But maybe I have permission to say this, if they totally remove the Panzerschreck from OKW, this game is much less historically accurate.

Not saying that OKW should not get pzschrecks (SP? Obers?) But what's the problem with lack of pzschrecks?
Sovets are left without handheld AT since day 1.
22 Apr 2016, 07:18 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 07:09 AMKatitof
The same one which corresponds to soviet stock AT infantry :sibHyena:

The Germans did actually have Panzerschrecks. A lots of them. Ok, exactly 289151.

There are 4 different options:
a) Volks have Schrecks.
b) Volks don't have Schrecks, but an another unit have them.
b) Volks don't have Schrecks, but a new unit have them.
d) Neither Volks or some other unit have them.

Now they have chosen the alternative d, which is in my opinion the worst alternative.
22 Apr 2016, 07:18 AM

Not all got adressed, but really some of the most important points that got discussed here multiple times. Great patch!

33% reduced grenade range when supressed -> love this, will give 4-man MG teams more survivability and encourage flanking even more

damage reduction from AT-weapons versus infantry -> nice, less random squad wipes when infantry is clumped together

penals -> they are back to business, soviet T1 a lot more interesting now :)

Brummbar -> nice one, but should have adressed similar doctrinal Sherman 105mm too (Shermans with HE shells are just better and more versatile)

Volks from Shrek to Faust-> finally!!! Now you can combine Volks (snare) with Raketen (penetration/damage) as it should be

Firefly Tulips + main gun reload decrease-> seems to be an interesting change, less Alpha damage but more consistent damage and a timed snare, that UKF is really missing, I think I like it

Counter Battery timer and munition cost -> this was really needed! Good change!

Good work, but there is still some work to do ;-)

Phy
22 Apr 2016, 07:25 AM

Overall I feel this is the first time relic mades a balance patch with some kind of sense. Big thanks to the community because this patch smells to its reports/feedback.

However I feel a bit worried about the lack of AT for OKW and the power of USF. I like the changes to USF pound for pound but I'm wondering if rifles need a minor nerf to compensate. Time will say.

PS: BIG SHOTOUT TO MIRAGEFLA :clap::clap:
22 Apr 2016, 07:39 AM
Developer Relic Badge

On the fear of lack of shreks, I believe it can be compensated by giving the raketen more range and a wider arc to be better at controlling the field vs early vehicles.
22 Apr 2016, 07:40 AM

On the fear of lack of shreks, I believe it can be compensated by giving the raketen more range and a wider arc to be better at controlling the field vs early vehicles.

Why isn't it buffed? It's very obvious that it should be if panzerschrecks are gone.
22 Apr 2016, 07:42 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 07:40 AMHitman5

Why isn't it buffed? It's very obvious that it should be if panzerschrecks are gone.

I don't make decisions of what gets added/put for testing. I'm just a guy making a mod.
aaa
22 Apr 2016, 07:45 AM

1. And foremost. Revert all changes to mines plz. Make them kill aprox 50% of the squad but not wipe full hp one. Remember how sweepers hard counter mine they auto-disable them if its in vision any unit can oneshot mine. Mines placing is apm and a risk itself since they clump around it.

2. Second thought about volks smg. Might be not bad. Player not forced to use it on every squad. Just on 1-2 to be flanking unit with grenades. Other volks will be fine unupgraded with extended vet advantage.
This in turn frees okw munition to use on skill-mines.

How much models ussualy flares now kill? 1?
22 Apr 2016, 07:48 AM
Patrion 15

Ok Volks dont have shreks but now how OKW going to deal with Tanks? Am I missing something here or Relic? No new unit nothing.
22 Apr 2016, 07:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 07:40 AMHitman5

volks with faust improve synergy with raketen. Despite the shortened range, the raketen still have excellent survivability due to cloak and the ability to retreat. It's a very cost efficient unit at 270 mp.

note that the preview isn't 100% identical to miragefla's mod. For one thing the faust on the volks actually disable the engine instead of a temporary stun.

this is ultimately about the medical truck, of the faust+raketen is enough to fight the allied light vehicle. Try buffing the flak HT's pen if light vehicle turn out to be a problem. Instead of buffing units that are already decent, underused units should be buffed instead.
22 Apr 2016, 07:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 07:48 AMruzen
Ok Volks dont have shreks but now how OKW going to deal with Tanks? Am I missing something here or Relic? No new unit nothing.

:foreveralone:

the raketen still have excellent survivability due to cloak and the ability to retreat.

Raketen has terrible survivability.
22 Apr 2016, 07:52 AM
Donator 11

If you wan't this to be a historical WW2 RTS, then OKW should have Schrecks in some way. The Germans had lots of them and it was an important part of their equipment.

Why not a new non-doctrinal unit with Schrecks? For example use either the Assault Grenadier or the Stormtrooper, and give it to OKW with Schrecks and name it for example "Panzerjäger".
22 Apr 2016, 07:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 07:50 AMHitman5

:foreveralone:

Raketen has terrible survivability.

the raketen have the best cloak in the entire game. Unlike the elite commandos or the elite wehr sniper, both of which have to hide in bush or holes in the game, the raketen project a cloaking field that let it hide anywhere.

If something goes awry, the raketen also have the option to just press "r" and GTFO.
22 Apr 2016, 07:54 AM
Patrion 14

So many responses in this thread make me mad. Between the fanboys, trolls, and those who clearly did not carefully read the patch notes (including April 20th Patch), I am not sure which group is worse. Let's just dispense with the misinformation and either play Miragefla's mod to get a general feel for things or just wait for the damn patch preview mod. I like most of the changes and have been fiddling around on the mod. If one thing is for certain, the overarching theme of these changes is to reduce RNG. Another theme is to allow every faction to have the tools to fight in every situation and be less reliant on one dimensional strategies. These are good things.
22 Apr 2016, 07:57 AM

the raketen have the best cloak in the entire game. Unlike the elite commandos or the elite wehr sniper, both of which have to hide in bush or holes in the game, the raketen project a cloaking field that let it hide anywhere.

If something goes awry, the raketen also have the option to just press "r" and GTFO.

It needs that because it's so god damn terrible without having super cloak and if it gets caught up close usually it's dead on retreat.
22 Apr 2016, 07:57 AM

"Cloak activated...let's wait..target not coming...oh there he is...move...can't fire beccause I lack range and firepower...cloak reactivated."

Shreks on sturms or nuke lelic.
22 Apr 2016, 07:58 AM

Yeah, but having no gunshield and all members in the space of 3m tends to result in one hit wipes :/
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS