Login

russian armor

Panzer III

Should Relic add the Panzer III in an Ostheer commander?
Option Distribution Votes
82%
18%
Total votes: 146
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
21 Jan 2016, 04:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 03:57 AMTobis
Start a Panzer 3 poll, I'll fight you bro.

It's the moment we've all been waiting for. The Hotchkiss Panzer III thread.

Panzer III

This game needs a Panzer III commander. For those of you who don't know or didn't play vCoH mods, the Panzer III was a lightish tank the Ostheer had,. Blah Blah to the point for real: The Panzer III would be a perfect stopgap unit, thematically appropriate for Ostheer, and filling a void that Ostheer has thus far tried to stuff with Panzerschrecks, StuG E's, and Pumas. How did Relic try to portray the early Wehrmacht without their workhorse of a tank? Well, they did try, and they failed; but it's not too late! Vote Panzer III for Ostheer Light Armour!

I think this tank could fit very well in the Ostheer faction, who have no light tank at all. This was a really fun unit in vCoH mods, I think it should be brought over in a new commander. What are your thoughts?

:hansREKT:
21 Jan 2016, 04:28 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Shots fired ain't gonna cut it for this

21 Jan 2016, 04:33 AM

I'm okay with the idea. Make it better than the USF Stuart in terms of firepower, but have armor values that are lower than the Panzer IV.
21 Jan 2016, 04:38 AM

:hijack: Death to panzer III, praise hotchkiss! :hijack:
21 Jan 2016, 04:40 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Lame, why not something cool and unique?

You aren't seeing this shit in warthunder.

(Stuka barrage sold separately)

Join #TeamHotchkiss

http://www.coh2.org/topic/48152/hotchkiss
21 Jan 2016, 04:48 AM

Permanently Banned
It would probs be like cp4, perform like an AEC but with a little more armor. 70 fuel.
21 Jan 2016, 05:35 AM

Hotchkiss
21 Jan 2016, 06:29 AM
Donator 11

I vote yes, and I was wrong. This belongs not to Ostheer, but to Africa Korps, with motorcycles and PAK 88.

I would vote for a third option, that is Africa Korps with Pz III.
21 Jan 2016, 06:39 AM

I vote yes, and I was wrong. This belongs not to Ostheer, but to Africa Korps, with motorcycles and PAK 88.

I would vote for a third option, that is Africa Korps with Pz III.

CoH2 is too late for Afrika Korps, your common units would be Panzer III's and short barrel Panzer IV's. It'd be better saved for an early-war themed CoH.
21 Jan 2016, 06:41 AM

Permanently Banned
Afrika corps is so unnecessary. 3 germans? No thanks bro. Flak 88s, panzer3s, jagdpanthers, nebelwerfers. All can be added in as doctrinal units.
21 Jan 2016, 06:43 AM
Donator 11

CoH2 is too late for Afrika Korps, your common units would be Panzer III's and short barrel Panzer IV's. It'd be better saved for an early-war themed CoH.

I know the problem, but the Afrika Korps could be a faction that fought both in Africa and Italy during 1941-1945.

I would buy the Afrika Korps DLC, as I bought the Brits DLC.
21 Jan 2016, 07:53 AM

P3 for ost, potent LMGs for cons, super heavy TD for US, forward reinforcement HTs for OKW and effective, mobile indirect fire for brits, no one is allowed to have a disadvantage anymore!
21 Jan 2016, 08:13 AM

Panzer 3 would actually fill the gap between T2 and T3 and would be a good counter to T-70 and easily countered by those and PTRS's, teching it would be simple, being in T2 that required T3 tech :snfBarton:
21 Jan 2016, 08:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 07:53 AMKatitof
P3 for ost, potent LMGs for cons, super heavy TD for US, forward reinforcement HTs for OKW and effective, mobile indirect fire for brits, no one is allowed to have a disadvantage anymore!

Katitof get out of my thread, you find a reason to complain about anything Axis related. Why don't you go complain about the Hotchkiss instead, unlike the Panzer III it's also a Stuka, I know you hate those! Don't come back here, I don't need you ruining my thread with your attitude. :sibToxic:
21 Jan 2016, 08:18 AM

T2 unit with requirement of BP2?
21 Jan 2016, 08:19 AM

Don't you already have the Puma? Better than Stuart and available between T2 and T3?
21 Jan 2016, 08:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 08:19 AMEsxile
Don't you already have the Puma? Better than Stuart and available between T2 and T3?

Doesn't stop people from wanting new units. Especially really cool units like the Panzer III. Besides the Puma is a light tank hunter, the Panzer III is a generalist tank / infantry tank, depending on model.

T2 unit with requirement of BP2?

While I like this suggestion, I think it would be too much to ask for. People like Katitof are getting antsy at the idea of it existing at all, let alone non-doctrine. It would fill Ostheer's biggest gap reduce reliance on Commanders. Less reliance on Commanders is always good.
21 Jan 2016, 08:31 AM

There is already a Stug infantry tank (don't remember its letter)
There is already the Puma to counter light/medium.
There is already the command tank to counter medium/infantry.

i understand the reason for asking new toys but not really the need of this one.
21 Jan 2016, 08:33 AM

Katitof get out of my thread, you find a reason to complain about anything Axis related. Why don't you go complain about the Hotchkiss instead, unlike the Panzer III it's also a Stuka, I know you hate those! Don't come back here, I don't need you ruining my thread with your attitude. :sibToxic:

I find plenty of reason to complain about allied related stuff too(stock 34/85 ideas, SU-100, pershing to name a few).
And yeah, I could complain about hotchkiss with just copy pasting the post.

In addition, its pointless to bring long barreled version, because Puma exists, you might not like it, but the role is taken here.

Short barreled one is pointless for the same reason because of command P4 and StuG-E, no reason to bring exactly same gun on yet another platform that would be just smaller copy of command P4.

And last but not least, we're talking mp, which happens in 44/45 years, where P3 were undergunned and outdated, their use was limited exclusively to occupation forces instead of frontline troops, so it wasn't even used in the period we have in mp.

There, I've elaborated and covered both, balance and historical reasons why P3 is even less likely then hotchkiss.

You happy now?
21 Jan 2016, 08:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 08:31 AMEsxile
There is already a Stug infantry tank (don't remember its letter)
There is already the Puma to counter light/medium.
There is already the command tank to counter medium/infantry.

i understand the reason for asking new toys but not really the need of this one.

all these stuff are doctrinals, while soviets doctrinal tank are already heavies or at least late game and they got very erly light tanks where Ostheer have mostly late game tanks and only P4 is decent, Stug G is like a tank destroyer (despite the fact it's supposed to be assault gun not TD) and ostwind which is fairly weak
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 28
unknown 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment