Login

russian armor

RIP Rear Echelon :'C

3 Dec 2015, 23:45 PM
Donator 11

Rear Echelons cost 25 MP to reinforce now!? Are you kidding me? Three less manpower than Riflemen. Then what's the point? No seriously, what is the point.

I loved playing USF because of these little dudes. They provide so much innovative utility. I used to make good use of their meat shield capabilities (16 MP reinforce), tank traps, barbed wire, repair, vet 3 pwnage, and as M1919 LMG firepower. They are not worth it anymore. They are almost as expensive as Riflemen and aren't as durable as Riflemen... so seriously what is the point.

My strat revolved around them. Three rear echelons + 2 Riflemen. I'm not crying about adapting, I'm saying that this Rear Echelon made the already bland USF even more bland. Relic you can't just make a core unit useless like that. Now its just Riflemen -_- Boring as hell

Edit: (Rant)
Watch any of my videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/blasdlagwatasdsa/videos I demonstrate how Rear Echelons are integral to my strategy. THEY ARE IN NO WAY OVERPOWERED, neither do I abuse them.

Some retarded ass piece of shit CaptainPrice had to ruin it for all of us. Just cuz some idiot 1v1er abuses this crap all the rest of us need to be penalized for his wrongdoing? I swear this is because 1v1ers have more say on what gets changed. I guarantee you considering Lemon and Dusty are basically butt buddy best friends with balance designer Braden Chen, what they two say gets taken seriously. The fact that all the popular casters are 1v1ers like Luvnest and Hans doesn't help either -_- CoH is much larger than just the 1v1 community, you need to be inclusive to everyone. Obviously this isn't the case when OKW 100% resource has a ginormous exponential snowball effect as the playlists get larger and larger. But OKW is besides the point, I'm more ticked off at the Rear Echelon change. 100% resource OKW just means more tanks for me to kill, whatever.

It's kind of funny actually. Rear Echelon spam...? Nine Rear Echelons and you don't know how to counter them? You serious? And anyways how is that any different from Riflespam. Either someone is gonna make Riflemen or Rear Echelons, deal with it.

I haven't played CoH 2 in a while. I've been really busy with the start of the school semester. But I decided to jump back in because of the major changes. And this shit happens. USF IS BORING ENOUGH. NOW ALL WE CAN MAKE IS RIFLEMANS. MORE RIFLEMANS PLZ. Let's make the already boring ass faction even more boring by rendering a support role unit completely useless. 25 MANPOWER!!! That's more than the old Volks grenadiers bro!

Bug (squad_member_count accidentally changed from 5 to 4):

Basic formula for reinforcement cost is squad_cost/(2*squad_member_count), apart from weapon teams and some recent exceptions it was always like that, also in coh1, and that is enough to let it stay like this. Btw they didnt change the upkeep (pop) did they? If they didn't they are still cheap as for engineer/backcapping squads its more important, simply bigger, cost than reinforce cost.

If this formula is true. Then this was the old price:
squad_cost = 160
squad_member_count = 5
160/(2*5) -> 160/10 = 16 MP reinforcement

but now its
squad_cost = 200
squad_member_count = 5
200/(2*5) -> 200/10 = 20 MP reinforcement (whutt???? math???)

The bug is Relic changed the squad_member_count from 5 to 4 IN ADDITION TO increasing manpower so now you have a whopping +9 MP penality.

Right now its:
squad_cost = 200
squad_member_count = 4
200/(2*4) -> 200/8 = 25 MP reinforcement (bad)
4 Dec 2015, 00:07 AM
Donator 11

Rear Echelons cost 25 MP to reinforce now!? Are you kidding me? Three less manpower than Riflemen. Then what's the point? No seriously, what is the point.

I loved playing USF because of these little dudes. They provide so much innovative utility. I used to make good use of their meat shield capabilities (16 MP reinforce), tank traps, barbed wire, repair, vet 3 pwnage, and as M1919 LMG firepower. They are not worth it anymore. They are almost as expensive as Riflemen and aren't as durable as Riflemen... so seriously what is the point.

My strat revolved around them. Three rear echelons + 2 Riflemen. I'm not crying about adapting, I'm saying that this Rear Echelon made the already bland USF even more bland. Relic you can't just make a core unit useless like that. Now its just Riflemen -_- Boring as hell

Basic formula for reinforcement cost is squad_cost/(2*squad_member_count), apart from weapon teams and some recent exceptions it was always like that, also in coh1, and that is enough to let it stay like this. Btw they didnt change the upkeep (pop) did they? If they didn't they are still cheap as for engineer/backcapping squads its more important, simply bigger, cost than reinforce cost.
4 Dec 2015, 02:25 AM

I'm not saying I agree with the changes but I don't see how they are that much different from Rifleman. In vcoh Wehr had 4 different main infantry (Volks, Grens, Storms, KCH) and they were all very unique from eachother. OKW's 6 infantry squads do overlap roles a bit, but there is some variation. But USF rifles vs RE are basically the same thing. Maybe some people might give RE different weapons from what the Rifleman are carrying, but given the same loadout they behave the same way. Its just cheaper reinforcing for a more fragile unit. So I don't think the USF will be more "bland" now, the fact that USF infantry are so similar to each other (especially rifles & RE) is what made it so bland to begin with.
4 Dec 2015, 06:41 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I have seen your replays and your use of the rear echelon dudes as the meatsheild trailblazers decked out with minesweepers. I can see how this screws up your entire strategy. RIP indeed.
4 Dec 2015, 07:22 AM

I'm not saying I agree with the changes but I don't see how they are that much different from Rifleman. In vcoh Wehr had 4 different main infantry (Volks, Grens, Storms, KCH) and they were all very unique from eachother. OKW's 6 infantry squads do overlap roles a bit, but there is some variation. But USF rifles vs RE are basically the same thing. Maybe some people might give RE different weapons from what the Rifleman are carrying, but given the same loadout they behave the same way. Its just cheaper reinforcing for a more fragile unit. So I don't think the USF will be more "bland" now, the fact that USF infantry are so similar to each other (especially rifles & RE) is what made it so bland to begin with.

Rear Echelon build and repair stuff. They suppress instead of throw grenades. They can't bumrush in and do a ton of damage and are reliant on weapon upgrades. They had utility in the form of minesweepers and rifle grenades in fighting positions.

They were quite distinct from Riflemen and builds that featured them are quite distinct.

I don't know why the fuck they changed them.
4 Dec 2015, 08:18 AM

It's funny how Relic changes shit that not needed a change. Always, for 2 years long.
4 Dec 2015, 08:21 AM

Changed it because of Rifle company. 160mp unit with CP0 flamthrowers, would be completely broken.
4 Dec 2015, 08:24 AM

Relic did that due to RE spam but now USF bleeds even more mp so their late game performance sucks even more now. Relic should give them a group debuff like they did with vCOH Pio spam, 200mp for a non-combat squad is too much.
4 Dec 2015, 09:21 AM

I was complaining about before the patch came out its the biggest bullshit ever!
4 Dec 2015, 09:29 AM

Permanently Banned
lol relic :loco:. Poor Price :D.
4 Dec 2015, 09:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2015, 08:21 AMEsxile
Changed it because of Rifle company. 160mp unit with CP0 flamthrowers, would be completely broken.

just asking but, wouldn´t be better then if they set that first ability in rifle company as a call-in "RE with flamethrower, with adjusted stats, and then, leave the normal RE´s as always???

RE don´t get Flamethrower non-doctrinal because the are dirty cheap if I´m not wrong, but now, you get more expensive RE because there is one doctrine where they could be OP.

It doesn´t make sense to me....is just a plain nerf to RE´s except when using rifle company, where they can enjoy their flamethrowers....not only a nerf (well deserved) to the doctrine, but a nerf to this RE unit itself in any other commander.

4 Dec 2015, 09:51 AM
Patrion 15

The 200mp price tag has killed off swapping them out for vehicle crew Thompsons in the early game. Bit of a shame as that was my favourite niche strat.
aaa
4 Dec 2015, 10:08 AM

but previously they negated sniper. didnt they.
From the side its looks that usf had a lot of units on the field due to way it techs up.
LT and Cap are both strong squads and one pay nothing to get them they just come when you tech up. USF have disadvantage in late though, but have chance to win earlier.

25 is a lot for what they have been doing previously
4 Dec 2015, 10:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2015, 09:36 AMFul4n0

just asking but, wouldn´t be better then if they set that first ability in rifle company as a call-in "RE with flamethrower, with adjusted stats, and then, leave the normal RE´s as always???

RE don´t get Flamethrower non-doctrinal because the are dirty cheap if I´m not wrong, but now, you get more expensive RE because there is one doctrine where they could be OP.

It doesn´t make sense to me....is just a plain nerf to RE´s except when using rifle company, where they can enjoy their flamethrowers....not only a nerf (well deserved) to the doctrine, but a nerf to this RE unit itself in any other commander.

Anything would have been better than just increasing their price and dps but not their survivability.
4 Dec 2015, 13:25 PM
Donator 11

Bug (squad_member_count accidentally changed from 5 to 4):

If this formula is true. Then this was the old price:
squad_cost = 160
squad_member_count = 5
160/(2*5) -> 160/10 = 16 MP reinforcement

but now its
squad_cost = 200
squad_member_count = 5
200/(2*5) -> 200/10 = 20 MP reinforcement (whutt???? math???)

The bug is Relic changed the squad_member_count from 5 to 4 IN ADDITION TO increasing manpower so now you have a whopping +9 MP penality.

Right now its:
squad_cost = 200
squad_member_count = 4
200/(2*4) -> 200/8 = 25 MP reinforcement (bad)
4 Dec 2015, 13:32 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to COH2 Balance
4 Dec 2015, 13:34 PM

I would've been fine if its 20 mp to reinforce, relic likely "fixed" a bug with this change, but the outcome is that REs are far to expensive for their job now. Seems like they have to be used sparely now. This actually limits the strategies for USF.
4 Dec 2015, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2015, 08:21 AMEsxile

It was obviously better choice to screw up the unit for ALL other commanders and BOs.

Besides, they were fine with dual BARs and LMGs, I seriously can't see how would they be worse with flamers, then soviet CEs with flamer.
4 Dec 2015, 15:35 PM

It was obviously better choice to screw up the unit for ALL other commanders and BOs.

Besides, they were fine with dual BARs and LMGs, I seriously can't see how would they be worse with flamers, then soviet CEs with flamer.

Cheaper than CE, 5 men at vet 3, can equip a flamer + ( Bar, lmg, zook )

We all seen RE only build working, i never seen a CE build only working

so yes its could be worse if RE remained at 160 Mp and can equip flamer
4 Dec 2015, 15:41 PM

Worst case scenario:
It would give USF 2nd valid opening.

Back to riflespam.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L