Login

russian armor

Patch notes 29 Oct

PAGES (11)down
26 Oct 2015, 04:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 21:29 PMRMMLz

Well, correct me if I'm wrong but except for HMG42, other HMGs don't have the best AoE suppression as far as I know. Not sure about Vickers.

Still appreciable. It also affects suppressing targets behind objects that are targetable.
26 Oct 2015, 05:42 AM

Rip OkW...also the churchill just got only 40 armor reduction..??? i doubt it will change anything
26 Oct 2015, 06:03 AM

Still appreciable. It also affects suppressing targets behind objects that are targetable.

Good to know, thanks.
26 Oct 2015, 06:22 AM
Donator 22

Rip OkW...also the churchill just got only 40 armor reduction..??? i doubt it will change anything

rip okw because of what?
Fixing the LEIG?

solid patch. Nice they adressed a lot of bugs.
26 Oct 2015, 06:45 AM

rip okw because of what?
Fixing the LEIG?

OKW is crutching hard on the LeiG's right now, it's dumb cheese and I hate it. But they struggle against Vet 3 Infantry since their own infantry cannot stack up, and the MG 34 is hands down the worst Heavy Machine Gun in the game.
26 Oct 2015, 08:06 AM

Permanently Banned
The only time it's a problem is when they have two leigs.
So it's a problem 24/7
26 Oct 2015, 08:13 AM

OKW drop from rank inflation after to ISG is going to be hilarious-I can already see the usual suspects producing twice as much tears as usual.

Also, WHEN will see finally the fix for BOYS AT rifles on tommies? They still have pre PTRS buff stats.
26 Oct 2015, 08:23 AM

rip okw because of what?
Fixing the LEIG?

Nope. Because they don't have anything else to realy rely on when facing the recently buffed allied infantry (cons, rifles, you name it).
I often find myself playing exclussevely luftwaffe because at least I can get an infantry that does some damage. It's a shame how they nerfed the ISG without giving OKW something to help them hold the line.

So... be it. From now on, COH2 will be an Allied fest. I'm not surprised, COH1 degraded like this also in the past eventualy. Because Allied won the war and this should be shown, even if it's a game that need balance. GL for anyone tries to play with axis, the HF part was confiscated by the opponent. Winning with Axis will require far more skill in the future which could be a positive thing, leading to improvement.
26 Oct 2015, 08:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 08:23 AMJohnnyB
Winning with Axis will require far more skill in the future which could be a positive thing, leading to improvement.

A rare pearl of wisdom from JohnnyB. I'm amazed.
26 Oct 2015, 10:26 AM

Permanently Banned
With the nerf to the KV8 and the KV2 & KV1 seeing little to no play I think it's about time all three of them received a buff to gain veterancy 20% faster.

20% faster to nothing useful, will still result in getting nothing that is useful :foreveralone:
26 Oct 2015, 10:32 AM

A rare pearl of wisdom from JohnnyB. I'm amazed.

Since brits launch, it was allways like this. Quantity of skill needed for axis to win > quantity of skill needed for allied to win.

Disclaimer: I am talking about TEAM games.

People like to see OKW faction suffer because it was OP at its launch. This is stupid and does harm to balance. We are playing in present, not in the past. Fix brits, and I will have nothing against them anymore.
26 Oct 2015, 11:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 10:32 AMJohnnyB

Since brits launch, it was allways like this. Quantity of skill needed for axis to win > quantity of skill needed for allied to win.

Disclaimer: I am talking about TEAM games.

People like to see OKW faction suffer because it was OP at its launch. This is stupid and does harm to balance. We are playing in present, not in the past. Fix brits, and I will have nothing against them anymore.

To "fix" them is subjective however. Flat nerfing everything they have that is potent is actually harmful for balance IF areas/units that are lacking aren't addressed also. Factions tend to get very mediocre when this is done in such a way, and I'm not only talking about CoH2. While I understand this can be a lengthy process, I'm hoping that the deficiencies of the Brits are also addressed alongside any nerfs.
26 Oct 2015, 11:14 AM

"DSHK 38 Heavy Machine Gun’s data has been brought in-line with other heavy machine guns"

What does that mean? The DSHK is supposed to be better on damage and penetration at least.

Also I noted that it wasn't possible to build emplacements near territory border anymore. What's up with that? Can't build in camp territory, can't build near enemy territory... maybe just draw up carpark type placements.
26 Oct 2015, 11:27 AM

(If only brits had some sort of forward reinforcement point they could build?...)

Yes, because of course any attacks threatening emplacements would leave a Forward HQ tent next to them completely intact and unharmed.

While I agree with the idea of having emplacements left behind to defend cutoffs and rear sectors, the impact this population drain has on your ability to make offensive pushes can't be underestimated - especially if you invest in something like a 17-pounder with its 20 population cost.

The trade-off is really between whether you want to go offensive or defensive (in which case emplacements are great), but the problem is that trying to go offensive is hampered by the lack of mobile indirect fire units.
26 Oct 2015, 13:51 PM

OKW needs MG-42 non doctrinal than, I wouldn't need to cheese with damn LEIG.
26 Oct 2015, 14:51 PM

ISG and PH changes are minimal to say the least. Forcing micro tax is unimportant. In most games I issue as many or more orders to these guns as other units. I rarely if ever allow them to auto target.

Suppression is the problem here, and the band aid, which is facing orders, is just going to help partially cover this not fix the problem. Base factions without a solid suppression unit are always at a huge disadvantage. Kubel does not count. Provide American and OKW with solid suppression platforms early in their tech tree (reward combined arms). It appears USF might have just gotten this in 50 cal, but we'll see because it is still tech locked fairly deep.

Maxim and DSHK drop bugs (I must assume they are since no other faction experiences these) still not addressed as far as I can tell, and I think that a significant oversight.
26 Oct 2015, 15:18 PM

I do not see much reason for the ISG and the Pack Howie to be supressing snipers, I would rather them be more like mortars even if they do perform better than the rest (except maybe the brit mortar which just sits all day). USF now looks to have the MG working better and the OKW needs to have the kubel swapped with something as terrible as the USF MG since they both focus heavily on mainline infantry but helps against blobs. Overall though nothing that looks backwards and is going towards the path.
26 Oct 2015, 15:34 PM
Donator 11

So does the USF AAHT still shoot 360 or do I have to smash U over and over again to make it go anywhere.
27 Oct 2015, 00:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 11:27 AMQuercus

Yes, because of course any attacks threatening emplacements would leave a Forward HQ tent next to them completely intact and unharmed.

My point is that Brits need to maintain field presence, and they have a lot of tools to do this. (IS Healing, cover bonuses, trenches, mobile reinforcement, emplacements etc) Losing field presence should be quite punishing for them.
Hat
27 Oct 2015, 05:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 10:32 AMJohnnyB

Whats up with people?

Is it possible that perhaps both OKW and UKF have balancing issues?
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS