Login

russian armor

Patch notes 29 Oct

PAGES (11)down
25 Oct 2015, 08:35 AM

"M2HB Heavy Machine Gun’s data has been brought in-line with other heavy machine guns"

I wonder if this also applies to the Airborne MG.

IB4 Ninja bugs :P

What does that fix actually entail? I'm intrigued..
25 Oct 2015, 08:56 AM
Patrion 28

the lieg definitely needs an accuracy nerf. i just watched it in a game today (because i actually remembered to) and it got a hit on 13/15 shots; half of those were direct hits too. compare it to a mortar which get's hits on roughly 1/3 of shots and generally does very little damage; you only get a direct hit with a mortar very rarely.
25 Oct 2015, 08:59 AM

Cheaper crew to reinforce, Focus Fire set to false (Focus Fire on means "missed" shots can not hit another unit, when turned off, missed shots might hit another entity like other MGs).
25 Oct 2015, 09:05 AM

All crew weapons derive their cost and population from both the gun and crew members. On most weapons, the gun is the bulk of the price while the crew members are cheap. This makes the crews less valuable, which is important to pop-cap and reinforcing. The formula is the cost of a man divided by 2, but due to the US MG Team's non-standard price, the formula backfires as shown below:

MG 42 Price: 260
MG 42 HMG: 80
MG 42 Crew: 45
Reinforce: 22

DShK Price: 300
DShK HMG: 120
DShK Crew: 30
Reinforce: 15

M2HB Price: 280
M2HB HMG: 00
M2HB Crew: 70
Reinforce: 35
25 Oct 2015, 09:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 08:59 AMRMMLz

Cheaper crew to reinforce, Focus Fire set to false (Focus Fire on means "missed" shots can not hit another unit, when turned off, missed shots might hit another entity like other MGs).

Oh cool so it can suppress blobs a bit better then? Cheaper reinforce is good, although it would have been nice if it received faster aim time and cooldown too. Oh well.
25 Oct 2015, 09:37 AM

Oh cool so it can suppress blobs a bit better then? Cheaper reinforce is good, although it would have been nice if it received faster aim time and cooldown too. Oh well.

Suppression has nothing to do with hitting the unit as far as I know. For more accurate stats check Mr.Someguy's post.
25 Oct 2015, 10:29 AM

Jesus Christ fix the damn emplacements for the brits! you DON'T have any indirect fire as brits except that mortar shit that dies from 1 volk grenade and 2 shrek shots ... 400 mp for a static piece of junk that is outperformed by a 340 mp isg or 240 mp mortar !

Agreed.

While I don't disagree that some Brit units needed the nerf, I think some changes may be excessive.
You shouldn't feel the need to rush to Centaur as a way to counter enemy infantry, but as it stands there isn't much in the way of alternatives.

As stated elsewhere, my biggest problem with British Emplacements is that you can't deconstruct them, so either you end up with something near the front line that is extremely vulnerable (and end up just throwing away resources when it is destroyed) or you end up with something safer but no longer able to participate in the fighting (and thus end up throwing away population).

Also, designing a faction that needs to keep in cover to perform well when flame weapons are so common (and becoming more common - hello new OKW Commander), just smacks of poor design.
25 Oct 2015, 11:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2015, 19:43 PMbC_

yeah

I have a question!

So with the auto face removed from Pak howie and ISG, what if now a player uses attack move on those units? will they still auto face with attack move?!!

Because I tested in the patch mode preview and it auto faced still with attack move, and if that't the case, means the ISG and pak howie will still auto face with attack move?!!

25 Oct 2015, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 11:33 AMAladdin

I have a question!

So with the auto face removed from Pak howie and ISG, what if now a player uses attack move on those units? will they still auto face with attack move?!!

Because I tested in the patch mode preview and it auto faced still with attack move, and if that't the case, means the ISG and pak howie will still auto face with attack move?!!

That's probably intended.
The autofacing nerf was really just to punish players for setting and forgetting it. Just use attack move and they'll work just as well as they do this patch. That's why I was never very pissed about the change, because for me it'll work the same 90% of the time.
25 Oct 2015, 18:09 PM

The autofacing nerf was really just to punish players for setting and forgetting it. Just use attack move and they'll work just as well as they do this patch. That's why I was never very pissed about the change, because for me it'll work the same 90% of the time.

Auto face nerf only punishes you if you're brain dead.
25 Oct 2015, 18:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 02:14 AMZyllen

You do realise they do the same damage? the okw pays 15 ammo more for more range and a faster animation. the rest of your post is crap as well.

I guess it's the retarded way maxims and mortars retreat then. I'm not convinced though, seems when I'm hit by an incendiary grenade my stuff just melts.

How was the rest of my post crap?

When was the last time you saw a KV1? Do any axis players feel slightly worried if they see a KV1?

Same question for the KV2.

The KV8 was nerfed into the floor, again, how many did you see prior to the brits? It will be unused again after this patch.

Penals......are fucking dreadful. Does ANYONE dispute this?
25 Oct 2015, 19:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2015, 23:06 PMhedfunk
So.... molotov's will still be crap and flame grenade will still wipe my weapons team before I can eve hit retreat?

They use the same damage profile

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 09:37 AMRMMLz

Suppression has nothing to do with hitting the unit as far as I know. For more accurate stats check Mr.Someguy's post.

Accuracy matters for AoE suppression.
25 Oct 2015, 20:25 PM
Donator 33

And why to Osttruppen, Machine Gun Teams, and Medics have red soldier marks? Red means Artillery, they should have White (Infantry) or Blue (Medic).

Because they use the same model for artillery crews and medics, so you make a single model so you dont have to work your ass off

25 Oct 2015, 20:55 PM
Donator 11

Ostheer Panther Pzkpfw V Medium Tanks can no longer receive a Brew Up Critical
why?
25 Oct 2015, 21:29 PM

Accuracy matters for AoE suppression.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong but except for HMG42, other HMGs don't have the best AoE suppression as far as I know. Not sure about Vickers.
25 Oct 2015, 22:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2015, 10:29 AMQuercus

As stated elsewhere, my biggest problem with British Emplacements is that you can't deconstruct them, so either you end up with something near the front line that is extremely vulnerable (and end up just throwing away resources when it is destroyed) or you end up with something safer but no longer able to participate in the fighting (and thus end up throwing away population).

That's the tradeoff, in'it? Build it forward so that it can do maximum damage, but it's also vulnerable if you get forced off the field. (If only brits had some sort of forward reinforcement point they could build?...) Build it too far back and it does less damage, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. A mortar pit or bofors can defend your cutoffs and other points that are behind your lines.

Personally, I've found that a good mortar pit is incredibly useful. Bofors is trickier to use, but in a good spot and it can help a ton. It's not as durable as say a panzer command, but if you put a crew inside it can shoot a lot further and has brace to somewhat protect itself. The barrage is also excellent for haranguing opponents from afar. 17lber is a lot trickier, but works well in big open areas like the center of langreskaya and it has enough range that you can use it to punish your opponent for pushing too deep with his vehicles.

26 Oct 2015, 03:36 AM
Patrion 27

With the nerf to the KV8 and the KV2 & KV1 seeing little to no play I think it's about time all three of them received a buff to gain veterancy 20% faster.
26 Oct 2015, 04:08 AM

You can still do that, just after u field ISG, simply click on attack move beside ur medic or wherever u keep it, and then u can forget it for the rest of the game and it will simply do the same thing as it has been doing
26 Oct 2015, 04:30 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2015, 04:08 AMAladdin

You can still do that, just after u field ISG, simply click on attack move beside ur medic or wherever u keep it, and then u can forget it for the rest of the game and it will simply do the same thing as it has been doing

not quite. if it doesn't see any enimies it'll move forward; once it reaches the selected point it'll stop autofacing. you'll have to reclick periodically.
26 Oct 2015, 04:41 AM

not quite. if it doesn't see any enimies it'll move forward; once it reaches the selected point it'll stop autofacing. you'll have to reclick periodically.

in all games u constantly fighting and with ALWAYS an infrared half truck sitting beside the OKW's defensive position it will not stop auto facing man
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 44
Poland 10
United States 7
Germany 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L