Login

russian armor

Patch notes 29 Oct

PAGES (11)down
29 Oct 2015, 19:13 PM

It seems that everyones argument is based on what types of lines relic chose to arbitrarily draw to display firing arcs/ranges.

- Mortar has a circle, no arc; does auto-rotate, but does have implicit arc that forces it to re-setup a la HMG, AT
why?
29 Oct 2015, 19:21 PM

Mortars have their own animations. They are able to turn without unpacking (they just pick up the mortar and put it down).

The pack and leig on the other hand use the same type of animation as the AT guns. Meaning when they turn to fire at another target they have to unpack and set up again in another facing.

The shown arc correlates with the type of animation they use.

They are almost identical: Two guys pick up a heavy weapon, rotate it, put it down. Exactly the same, minus the repositioning on the last step that AT guns have once the set the gun down again.

really not sure this is a good base for the argument.

I lost a passive mortar-like team weapon, I would like to know why. Why the LeIG stops shooting at targets in a 360 degree arc after barraging a building while the mortar continues to be useful without me needing to poke at it constantly.
29 Oct 2015, 20:07 PM

They are almost identical: Two guys pick up a heavy weapon, rotate it, put it down. Exactly the same, minus the repositioning on the last step that AT guns have once the set the gun down again.

really not sure this is a good base for the argument.

I lost a passive mortar-like team weapon, I would like to know why. Why the LeIG stops shooting at targets in a 360 degree arc after barraging a building while the mortar continues to be useful without me needing to poke at it constantly.
It's not an argument for why it "should" work that way. But that's why it does work that way. The work the same in practice, but since they were programmed differently so they have some differences from that.

Personally I prefer the arc, since it gives the player more visual feedback of which way the unit is facing and who it's attacking. If anything I'd rather the mortars be changed to an arc.
29 Oct 2015, 20:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Persistance? I've played the game for 1300+ hours and mostly 3v3/4v4 and I've never been better than rank 2000. If you claim it's because I suck so hard you will give me right in that the highest ranked are the best players. Or they did what it took to win at least. Which is considered "best".

I don't claim l33T players are in those modes, I'm just trying to balance the view that everybody playing 3v3/4v4 are sucky scrub ass players which is just not right or a balanced view at all.

2800 and never more than 500 so I feel your pain bro

I say masochism and persistence because you have to deal with being stomped by AT on the one hand, whilst dealing with random quitters and disconnects on the other so your own performance will only make a difference in a relatively small number of games all the while knowing you only played with friends you wouldn't have to deal with that. It takes a certain degree of mental toughness to do that.

However, OT.

7 of 7 Relic postsRelic 29 Oct 2015, 20:33 PM
Developer Relic Badge

"M2HB Heavy Machine Gun’s data has been brought in-line with other heavy machine guns"

I wonder if this also applies to the Airborne MG.

IB4 Ninja bugs :P

Asked Designer about that and was told that they both the same. Thanks :)
29 Oct 2015, 20:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 18:15 PMKatitof

For the 1000th time, do you feel micro taxed when you have to relocate manually AT guns or HMGs?
Why would it be any different to another weapon with displayed arc then?

Manually rotating MGs and AT guns serves a purpose in the structure of the game. They're largely ambush weapons that, by design, warrant flanking to counter them. Even the tutorials in the original game stress the importance of flanking machine guns. Removing autoface from them would eliminate that counterplay.

Removing autoface from light artillery pieces does not accomplish this. An le.IG or Pack Howitzer isn't a threat to either infantry or to vehicles within a few feet. This change adds nothing to the game; it only serves to make them more annoying to use so maybe people won't build them as much, which is a silly way of balancing them instead of just adjusting their actual stats correctly.

On a side note, automatic MG facing would be awful. It's one of the reasons I hate the damn kubelwagen so much, because every time it's shooting at something, it decides it want to rotate and lose its suppression in the middle of firing, and there's nothing you can do about it but sit there and mash S like a madman. Speaking of which, can the kubel please have a "hold position" button? Please, Relic?
29 Oct 2015, 21:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 18:51 PMKatitof

Do they have arc displayed on the map?
No?
Then what would be reason for it?

HMGs use visible arc, they don't auto face.
On map arty use visible arc, they don't auto face.
ATGs use visible arc, they don't auto fact.
Kubel does and people wish it didn't, its a vehicle though so its unique case-call it an exception which confirms the rule.
No reason why PH and ISG would auto fact with their arcs.

Its called consistency.

If you feel so micro taxed, then I have an advise for you:

Aye, consistency is important. Il tell what consistency i saw before the patch:

Indirect fire weapon teams auto rotate, direct fire weapon teams do not.
The reasons are obvious and mentioned in the post above.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 38
unknown 22
Poland 9
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L