Login

russian armor

Mirror USF at gun with UKF 6 pounder

7 Oct 2015, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 11:45 AMUS3K
+1.

To people complaining that it already deals with medium armour and doesn't need a buff - This will not change the performance of the gun vs medium armour - it already pen's med armour well.

It just needs a buff against heavy armour, that's all this change would affect. USF has to rely on Jacksons, with less health than a stug, to tackle late game. They need another option - no debate - as lategame the USF combined arms faction has only one arm.

in exchange i would buff the early of usf a little bit and a decent one in midgame so they acutally can reach lategame to test out the new (buffed) 57
7 Oct 2015, 13:22 PM

If we want the buff, we will have to find a new VET 1 ability :)
No one want a UKF 6 pounder with insane range at Vet 1
7 Oct 2015, 14:40 PM
Donator 11

Honestly it would help USF's late game seeing as how the jackson can be a huge risk and require so much babysitting that you think you are a nanny.

Increasing the pen slightly would help it be better at its role that its clearly having issues (late game armor) such as the panther. The vet on the AT gun is great but its so hard to keep the gun alive and keep the vet rolling. My vote would be to switch off the vet and add it to the base stats without putting it to over the top. Even a price increase would be welcome as long as it came with increased stats.

*also remember the brit 6pndr cost 320mp vs us 270
7 Oct 2015, 15:44 PM

Nope.
This would require changes to Jackson.

and then, why not buff zooks??? I mean, usf has inferior handled at weapon (zook) compared to Shrek, and worse at gun than pak. Then, someone suggests buffing the 57mm but you say that then, nerf to jackson is needed.

Why?? osther has pak40 and sherks, and no one is asking to nerf panther and stug for that reason.....

Surely, I´m missing something, as I am just a noob in balance duties but...I don´t get it, it has non sense to me what you say....

Again, just asking, I have not knolegde to balance rts games, but....just curious...
7 Oct 2015, 15:56 PM

It reliably fights off medium tanks.

Less than 50% chance to penetrate OKW PIV/vet2 PIV, reliable :foreveralone:
7 Oct 2015, 16:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 15:44 PMFul4n0

and then, why not buff zooks??? I mean, usf has inferior handled at weapon (zook) compared to Shrek, and worse at gun than pak. Then, someone suggests buffing the 57mm but you say that then, nerf to jackson is needed.

Why?? osther has pak40 and sherks, and no one is asking to nerf panther and stug for that reason.....

Surely, I´m missing something, as I am just a noob in balance duties but...I don´t get it, it has non sense to me what you say....

Again, just asking, I have not knolegde to balance rts games, but....just curious...

You get extra range and cone of fire and as a trade off your AT gun is only good when it's ability is active
7 Oct 2015, 16:26 PM

Think about army sinergy, any vet 1 rifle can nade a tank.
7 Oct 2015, 18:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Free Ap shells (long cooldown) or better AP shells.
7 Oct 2015, 18:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 15:56 PMCruzz

Less than 50% chance to penetrate OKW PIV/vet2 PIV
And that's why you can build 2, and they are cheap.

"butt USHF has sufffer late geim MP bleed"

That argument isn't valid anymore as the only thing which can cause MP bleed on vet3 RM is the sturmtiger. So build 2 and play the game the way it's meant to be played.
7 Oct 2015, 18:55 PM

Cruzzi Plz help!
7 Oct 2015, 19:03 PM

Although I'm not the USF 1v1 pro all knowing player here. I will say that the USF does not need a better anti tank gun.

They need tanks that don't die to 3 pak shots. Or at least tanks that can RNG luck their way out of being killed; like axis tanks usually have a chance of doing when it comes to being countered.

Use Smoke to support your tanks.
7 Oct 2015, 19:09 PM

*also remember the brit 6pndr cost 320mp vs us 270

6pndr costs 280 mp.
7 Oct 2015, 19:40 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I agree that the 57mm AT Gun should have its penetration increased!
7 Oct 2015, 20:15 PM

Permanently Banned
Fastest ROF cheap cost, widest cone. Something needs to be nerfed if you wan that short dick 57mm to have more pen.
7 Oct 2015, 20:33 PM

Why does USF even have the 57mm?

The 76mm AT Gun was the standard for the time period.
7 Oct 2015, 20:36 PM

That's why it has AP shells. It's not like okw is swarming you with p4s and Ostheer vets p4 swarms easily up. P4s use is limited as soon Jackson or wolverines hit the field.
7 Oct 2015, 21:36 PM

Why does USF even have the 57mm?

The 76mm AT Gun was the standard for the time period.

It wasn't the standard, the 57mm was more common. It also weighed twice as much as the 57mm, 1700 pounds (785 kilograms) more than the current heaviest AT Gun, the Pak 40. Still lighter and weaker than a 17 Pounder or Pak 40, so it doesn't warrant an emplacement.
7 Oct 2015, 21:49 PM
Patrion 14

I love the USF AT gun, at vet 3 it's amazing and has HUGE range.
You get rewarded alot if you manage to keep it alive, like with the jackson, it's amazing when vet 3.
7 Oct 2015, 21:57 PM

Agreed, either remove it from 6 pounder, or give all at guns this.

You will always have people who are bias towards one specific faction, that will never change. As to your remark about bazooka being worse in reality than a panzershreck, that is not a way to balance a game, bazooka should be as a reliable anti tank platform as the panzershreck, minus the model sniping. If the bazooka is improved to be on par with the panzerschreck, a cost increase must be made most definitely.

I'd be happy if the AT `nade would just fire when you clicked "fire". Or at least as quick as a faust.

Free Ap shells (long cooldown) or better AP shells.

Not free, but if you're paying muni for it, it should be more potent than what it currently is.

7 Oct 2015, 22:10 PM
Donator 11

I think it'd be ok if they moved the vet 1 ability to vet 0 and gave it an according munis cost instead. That or a slight pen buff so it can actually reliably pen at least mediums. Increase the cost or reduce arc if you must. Also, is it just me or is it way easier to decrew than other AT guns?

U.S. AT doctrine in wwii was built around tank destroyers and AT guns. German tank commanders were more scared of AT guns than any American tank. Pretty sad the gun is not very useful against anything bigger than am ostwind.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★