Login

russian armor

Sandbags Sandbags Everywhere

PAGES (8)down
15 Jul 2015, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2015, 15:53 PMkamk
What about the other way? Change OKW / USF sandbags to SOV ones?
I like that huge bulk of green cover, and wish i had it with other factions :P

I don't really want the map got itself into a Soviet landfill. :foreveralone:
15 Jul 2015, 16:06 PM

It's stupid to the point USSR players build sandbags to block kubel play which is pretty much an exploit.

Increase the build time or give soviets OKW sandbags (which imo is how sandbags should work, rather than some huge block of cover you can build in seconds or instantly to mess with pathing if you ghost)
15 Jul 2015, 16:37 PM

Good players will also put mines on the enemy side of sandbag walls meaning you get a fun surprise when you try to use it yourself or try and crush it.
15 Jul 2015, 16:44 PM

One only needs to remember the match between Lenny and momo where Lenny built walls upon walls of con sandbags to see how broken they were against OKW.

They have the resiliency of stone walls, can't be crushed by light vehicles, and can block retreat paths by ghosting or otherwise.

First, all rifle units that can build need to take the same penalties as engineers that are building.

Secondly, the sandbags need to take longer than 12 seconds to build, while also receiving a health nerf (500? lelll). On top of that, USF and Volk sandbags need at least double their current resiliency, since Volks blow up their own cover with their AT as is.

15 Jul 2015, 18:15 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2015, 10:14 AMJohnnyB

Allied fanboys are OP

oorah is OP
15 Jul 2015, 18:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

While it was nothing new at that time, i think the "community" is finally catching up

"Sandbags OP"
http://www.coh2.org/topic/26961/the-cheese-series--a-competition/post/268998
15 Jul 2015, 18:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2015, 15:49 PMVonIvan

Well I have more of a problem as Pr0stheer than OKW vs soviet sandbags, since OKW has the option to unlock 10 muni grenades, which can easily get guards off that green cover. However with Pr0stheer rifle nades take longer to be effective/are easier to dodge/anticipate.

But +1 to changing them to OKW/USF sandbags.

Kinda retarded that OKW has to get a commander ability to deal with some pesky bags of dirt :D
15 Jul 2015, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2015, 01:37 AMluvnest
To be honest at first I really thought sandbags are a pain the ass but now I'm using snipers (or mortars on more clustered maps) to deal with them just fine. To be fair, without Sandbags cons are quite screwed against vet 3 LMG Grens. OKW on the contrary has a more difficult time against them. But yeah, reducing them to the durability of regular Volks sandbags wouldn't hurt.

your superior ideas and opinions are the best! :wub::foreveralone:
15 Jul 2015, 19:43 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

There are certainly ways to deal with it but there is no risk per reward for the sandbag spam basically. If you lose map control in 1 engagement as Axis expect to come back to a sandbag wall to try and take it back and by the way you'll need triple the manpower to take it back than what he invested sitting there behind a free sandbag in the middle of open ground. Yea you can get a mortar or sniper of course, but the time to save for it, build it, it could be 2+ minutes. Add in Tank Hunters PTRS and its even more fun for everyone.

The point is if Con's NEED this to be viable then there's a problem. If vanilla Con's need tweaking then tweak them but every game consisting of Con's drinking tea behind sandbags is not particularly fun for anyone. It's campy, passive, and mindless.

Possible options:

a) damage penalty during building for all factions (i think this is an easy YES)
b) sandbag HP nerf
c) shrink sandbag size (this would also help fix the walling off areas issue)
d) unfinished sandbags need to die very easily to small arms just like the fix to ghost TTing in vcoh did and the fix to the mortar pit building

What i would do is keep the HP but add a damage penalty while building (this should apply to all factions) and also make the sandbags smaller so that like Volks in vcoh you build 2-3 of them or else you clump your squad behind a tiny one making you a real target for indirect fire and only 2-3 models can get behind and get the buff from the cover. Also unfinished sandbags, bunkers, wire, MG nests, etc should all go down pretty easily to small arms fire.
15 Jul 2015, 20:04 PM
Donator 22

One only needs to remember the match between Lenny and momo where Lenny built walls upon walls of con sandbags to see how broken they were against OKW.

They have the resiliency of stone walls, can't be crushed by light vehicles, and can block retreat paths by ghosting or otherwise.

First, all rifle units that can build need to take the same penalties as engineers that are building.

Secondly, the sandbags need to take longer than 12 seconds to build, while also receiving a health nerf (500? lelll). On top of that, USF and Volk sandbags need at least double their current resiliency, since Volks blow up their own cover with their AT as is.

+1
15 Jul 2015, 20:23 PM

To keep the asymmetrical balance I think a compromise of 300-350 HP Sov. Sandbags vs. 200~ OKW/USF would be fair. I'd argue for keeping the larger size... just because squads clumping up behind cover only to get naded is the worst.

An alternate "fix" would be to keep the high HP but allow Tanks/AT Guns to directly target Sandbags so you can blast them down if they are giving you that much trouble. (Though I could see how that might be annoying if misclicks keep resulting in you murdering sandbags instead of commies)

EDIT Orrr Relic can nerf them right after I post that >.>
15 Jul 2015, 20:25 PM
Donator 22

Sandbags just got nerfed in a major way.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog/page6

Rifleman, Volksgrenadiers, Conscripts, Grenadier

Now recieve construction penality modifers

Soviet Sandbags

Health reduced from 500 to 110
15 Jul 2015, 20:30 PM

Only option 4 from Budwise's last post would be acceptable. As it is, I feel sandbags don't have ENOUGH health (Though I would leave the health alone). Especially when mortars and at hit the field.

EDIT: God dammit Relic! X(

Surely there's another way, that is just daft. One or two medium tank shots is enough to negate soviet sandbags.
15 Jul 2015, 20:47 PM
15 Jul 2015, 20:57 PM

And this thread is as dead as Soviet Sandbags now :P

Seriously, the health is low enough that a Panzerschreck could kill them!
15 Jul 2015, 21:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2015, 20:47 PMPorygon

GGWP Allies fanboys.

Judging by the content of patch notes, its lube and "my time" evening for you tonight. :snfPeter:

But I like how relic gets responsive, lets see if they will stick to being reasonable as well.
16 Jul 2015, 00:23 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Relic was reading my mind :D

or my thread.. xD

Rifleman, Volksgrenadiers, Conscripts, Grenadier
Now recieve construction penality modifers
Soviet Sandbags
Health reduced from 500 to 110
16 Jul 2015, 00:28 AM
Donator 33

Damn, this was a quick response, is that you Kyle, the new Community Manager? :snfCHVGame:
16 Jul 2015, 01:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2015, 00:23 AMBudwise
Relic was reading my mind :D

or my thread.. xD

You may have more clout with Relic than you realize Budwise.B-)
16 Jul 2015, 01:41 AM

And this thread is as dead as Soviet Sandbags now :P

Seriously, the health is low enough that a Panzerschreck could kill them!

This thread is as dead as any respectable quality conscripts have.

But OKW volks now properly counter Soviet sandbags MVGame Thats all that matters
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS