Login

russian armor

Cruzz's The More You Know

PAGES (58)down
22 Jun 2016, 01:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 23:18 PMCruzz

SturmTiger can't get abandoned while reloading if its between 75% and 50% health because Relic removed one of the abandon checks.

I think this is by design. It says they took the 50% health decrew off the sturmtiger.
22 Jun 2016, 01:56 AM

For that matter ISU152 and KV2 were not changed in terms of deflection stuns, so it only affected IS2, Tiger I(+Ace) and King Tiger.

So brumbar can still stun also?
22 Jun 2016, 03:49 AM

Code
HMG34:
1: hmg_team_mg34_mp 12.52 8.06 3.35
1: hmg_team_mg34_mp 13 9.36 5.01
Reference:
1: hmg_team_mg42_wg_mp 29.35 19.52 10.64

The hmg_team_mg42_wg_mp isn't used in CoH2, so it's an odd thing to reference. It's only used in Ardennes Assault. It used to be much better than the Wehrmacht MG 42, but I'm not sure how it compares to the Wehrmacht's MG 42 currently.

Code
Volk STG:
1: volksgrenadier_mp44_smg_mp 8.14 5.62 2.4
1: volksgrenadier_kar_98k_rifle_mp 3.46 2.7 1.81
Reference:
1: assault_pioneer_mp44_smg_mp 11.85 5.69 1.92

If only Relic would take a page out of this patch's book and do the same for the Conscript PPSh. It's not as bad as before, but it's still a downgrade past medium range. The Volks MP 44 is a good example of how upgrade weapons should be.
22 Jun 2016, 07:34 AM

The hmg_team_mg42_wg_mp isn't used in CoH2, so it's an odd thing to reference. It's only used in Ardennes Assault. It used to be much better than the Wehrmacht MG 42, but I'm not sure how it compares to the Wehrmacht's MG 42 currently.

They just copypasted the stats from the Wehr HMG42 this patch, didn't matter which one I picked though I guess it would've been clearer to list the wehr HMG42.

So brumbar can still stun also?

Yes

I think this is by design. It says they took the 50% health decrew off the sturmtiger.

So it's by design that the Sturmtiger will only abandon while reloading if its health is between 100% and 75% or 50% and 0%? That makes perfect sense! :loco:

Guess I'll answer some old stuff that's unrelated to the patch:

1. If we look at Cruzz's formula, shouldn't "burst bullets" be equal to "1 + rof * burst"?

It should.

2. Does the duration of "burst duration" change depending on the actual number of bullets fired?

Now, my question is:
- Does the burst stop when the last bullet is fired (after 4.5 secs) -- so the wind-down starts earlier?
- Or does the burst use up the whole duration? (i.e., the gun remains idle for 0.5 seconds)

Haven't tested, gut feeling is that it will idle as it's the simplest implementation for a state machine.

3. I have absolutely no idea how incremental accuracy works at all.

It certainly doesn't seem to be per entity, because making a massive stacked blob and firing at it with say an M20 (12% incremental on 20% far accuracy) will still have it miss most shots. For the time being I've been assuming that it's being calculated like this as results seemed mostly in line with my very limited testing:

while(targets/2 >= 1){
accuracy = accuracy * incremental;
targets = targets/2;}

4. When I have both "multiplication" and "addition" veterancy modifiers that apply to the same stat.

Am I right to assume that I should first apply the multiplication modifiers, and then the addition modifiers?

No clue, you'll have to test yourself.
22 Jun 2016, 08:03 AM

Patches <444>3

Stat difference between Ostheer MG42 and "new" USF 50cal?
22 Jun 2016, 08:06 AM

If only Relic would take a page out of this patch's book and do the same for the Conscript PPSh. It's not as bad as before, but it's still a downgrade past medium range. The Volks MP 44 is a good example of how upgrade weapons should be...

I have to disagree. A weapon upgrade should follow attempt to follow weapon profiles so an SMG should not be better at long range than a bolt action rifle. Relic should simply not mix weapon that do not work together like SMGs and bolt action rifles.
22 Jun 2016, 08:07 AM

Patches <444>3

Stat difference between Ostheer MG42 and "new" USF 50cal?

Only thing that changed with 50 cal is that it now has an insane amount of penetration. Same as the MG42 laser rounds, the new AP rounds ability for 50 cal will buff damage (though only by 25% unlike the 100% buff on the MG42) so it also improves performance against infantry.

Also I should have listed this, but the 50 cal will lose its new penetration on hitting vet2. Because Relic can't keep track of when they change weapons.

Also adding the B4 now costing 30 popcap, as Relic added a 15 popcap cost to the weapon but didn't change the B4 crew costing 3 pop per man.
22 Jun 2016, 08:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 08:07 AMCruzz

Only thing that changed with 50 cal is that it now has an insane amount of penetration. Same as the MG42 laser rounds, the new AP rounds ability for 50 cal will buff damage (though only by 25% unlike the 100% buff on the MG42) so it also improves performance against infantry.

Also I should have listed this, but the 50 cal will lose its new penetration on hitting vet2. Because Relic can't keep track of when they change weapons.

so when your 50cal reaches vet 2 kill it and recrew :P sounds amazing
22 Jun 2016, 09:06 AM

Cruzz, do you inform Relic about your findings directly? If you don't, please please do that!

Thank you!
22 Jun 2016, 09:07 AM

Cruzz, do you inform Relic about your findings directly? If you don't, please please do that!

Thank you!

I think it was Cruzz who brought the veterancy bug to Relic's attention
22 Jun 2016, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 09:07 AMKhan

I think it was Cruzz who brought the veterancy bug to Relic's attention

Nice, i hope he keeps doing their Job :D
22 Jun 2016, 11:00 AM

B4 <444>3 One more step to bury this doctrine

Look like Relic tried to fix old pop-cap bug where it was combined with squad, not the gun itself and during fixing it, they forgot to take away pop from crew :foreveralone:
22 Jun 2016, 12:05 PM

Missed it the first time looking through the stats, but Schumines actually retained their engine destroyed chance of 33%.
22 Jun 2016, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 08:07 AMCruzz

:rolleyes:
22 Jun 2016, 12:17 PM

Why relic don't hire you, they need you, they are so bad
22 Jun 2016, 12:45 PM

I haven't had the time to check these out for myself yet:

1) Does the new Penal Ve1 ability at least stick to their native weapons (SVTs) or does it also spill over to pilfered weapons? (are we talking about Obersoldaten 2.0, here?)

2) When Relic buffed Sexton barrage, did they also remember to apply the buffs to the creeping barrage weapon (or is this a Priest-like inconsistency again?)
22 Jun 2016, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 08:06 AMMyself
I have to disagree. A weapon upgrade should follow attempt to follow weapon profiles so an SMG should not be better at long range than a bolt action rifle. Relic should simply not mix weapon that do not work together like SMGs and bolt action rifles.

It doesn't need to be better, at the least it should be even with the rest of the squad. The difference in far DPS between the Cons PPSh and Mosin should be negligible. It's not how it usually works, but it gets a pass for being an upgradable weapon on a general use unit as opposed to a dedicated CQB unit. Aside from the Panzergrenadier G43, it's the only unit upgrade that hurts DPS at a specific range.
22 Jun 2016, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 07:34 AMCruzz

So it's by design that the Sturmtiger will only abandon while reloading if its health is between 100% and 75% or 50% and 0%? That makes perfect sense! :loco:

That's not what I thought you were saying. You stated it as if it was a surprise that the Sturmtiger can no longer be abandoned near half health. This is what they changed deliberately, not the 100% to 75% thing. Obviously you are correct that this a bug.
22 Jun 2016, 17:48 PM

I have two questions regarding scatter.

1) It is possible to calculate the probability that a scatter roll will connect with a target?

- Say you have 2 tanks (TankA and TankB), and TankA is firing at TankB.
- Assume that TankA has failed in the accuracy roll; thus it launches a projectile using the scatter profile of TankA
- (assuming a perfectly flat terrain) What is the probability that the (scatter) projectile will connect to TankB.

Is this possible to approximate this using some formula, or do I have to for a statistics-oriented approach. (i.e., actually go and measure how many scatter rolls at distance X actually hit their target).

2) How does moving scatter penalty affect the scatter profile of a gun?

e.g., say that the entity has a moving scatter penalty of 2:
- Do I multiply both horizontal scatter and vertical scatter ratio by 2?
- Is vertical scatter still capped by the original max_scatter (or do I also have to multiply this one by 2)

22 Jun 2016, 18:55 PM

I have two questions regarding scatter.

1) It is possible to calculate the probability that a scatter roll will connect with a target?

It's probably not even that complex, but it has been far too long since I did geometry so you'll have to work it out yourself.

I mean you'll basically be just working out what is the green area enclosed by the blue lines (shots that will hit), minus whatever areas there are where your shot could fall short, overshooting is obviously not a problem as that'll hit the target (for ballistic weapons, anyway), compared to the green area enclosed by the black lines (total scatter area)

Circular segment with h being vertical scatter centered on the centerpoint of the enemy unit and theta being scatter angle, blue lines angle is probably fastest to just approximate, though you could of course calculate it from the simbox size of the enemy unit.

2) How does moving scatter penalty affect the scatter profile of a gun?

e.g., say that the entity has a moving scatter penalty of 2:
- Do I multiply both horizontal scatter and vertical scatter ratio by 2?
- Is vertical scatter still capped by the original max_scatter (or do I also have to multiply this one by 2)

Yes you multiply both, and max_scatter cap is absolute, nothing makes you go above it (FOW, moving penalty, blizzard, whatever). For most tanks vertical scatter is maxed at pretty much all times so moving has no effect on it.

I haven't had the time to check these out for myself yet:

1) Does the new Penal Ve1 ability at least stick to their native weapons (SVTs) or does it also spill over to pilfered weapons? (are we talking about Obersoldaten 2.0, here?)

2) When Relic buffed Sexton barrage, did they also remember to apply the buffs to the creeping barrage weapon (or is this a Priest-like inconsistency again?)

Yes penals get the bonus on any weapon they have. But honestly the effect isn't that strong...

And I think they buffed all the sexton attacks, including the ones that aren't actually used ingame.
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS