Login

russian armor

Best and Worst Voice Acting

13 Oct 2014, 08:30 AM

Hard to choose. I picked Soviets as best because as a German I notice all the faults in the voice acting for German armies all the time, which I don't for Soviets obviously. Otherwise I may have picked Ostheer.

For worst I found it hard to pick between OKW and USA, but I picked OKW. USA really annoys me the most just by the way they speak, but I feel OKW voice acting is a significant downgrade from Ostheer so I picked that. They didn't even bother anymore to try to even pretend to be spoken by a German with OKW anymore.
13 Oct 2014, 10:42 AM

Also there are couple of voicing bugs like DSHK squad in russian version says "Maxim is loaded".
13 Oct 2014, 11:00 AM

I think Americans are whiny, seems like I hear "God damnit, someone get us outta here!" every other fight, always complaining about new orders and combat. Grenadiers on the other hand I love for their upbeat attitude, and Panzergrenadiers for their tough attitude. Same could be said for Conscripts and Shock Troops.

As a current American Soldier, this is 100% accurate...so it's realistic haha.
13 Oct 2014, 12:40 PM

I thought the American line was "Move it God dang it!". Literally terrible.

The Soviet lines for conscripts are so bad it hurts my ears. "I've got snow in my pants." Feels like a kid's show. Shocks are ok.

That Gren line about Wilhelm gets old after one game too. "Fire at will! No not Wilhelm...he owes me money." I would love to get the vCOH Grenadier lines back.

It bothers me that the PG's (which are loosely based on the SS) talk about "living space". I would change this line or remove it because of the Nazi racism it refers to.
13 Oct 2014, 12:48 PM

USF voice acting is literally the same spam over and over again.

Dopes Dopes Dopes Dopes Dopes Dopes Dopes Dopes Dopes GODDAMIT

Soviet voice acting is pretty cool

Ostheer is good too.

OKW is just retarded....
13 Oct 2014, 13:08 PM

Best: USF or Wehrmacht. Voted USF.

Worst: Soviets. I just don't like how the female voice sounds.
13 Oct 2014, 13:18 PM

Best: USF "That's on the money!" - such badass, but too many dopes.
Sov "I....HATE....MACHINEGUNS!!" - cons are so epic

Worst: Ost, they really need to be similar to the ones in vCOH
OKW, pure french :D :D and some weird stuff like the young sound of the Obersoldat or when the puma says "gunnery" instead of "gunner".
13 Oct 2014, 13:28 PM

Permanently Banned
"Gotta get out of their strike zone!"

I think the voice acting quality itself for the USF is fine, but I don't think they have a lot of good, funny quotes like they did in CoH1 (Everyone remembers Conrad, and him always forgetting to tie his fucking laces). Ostheer imo has the wittiest quotes: "We keep blowing up T34s but they keep making more!" ; "We ate the horse, remember? Now start pulling!".
13 Oct 2014, 16:43 PM

I can comment on this from a different perspective. I have the German version of this game.

Imagine Russians talking German with a Russian accent. It sounds terrible. To make a Russian accent in German, every "H" has to be turned into the German "CH" which is formed in your throat. (Yes, even more sounds from your throat now). And most vocals get stretched.

This seems so unnecessary as Soviets are the only faction to ever receive an accent in the German Coh series. USF and British just spoke normal German. I actually liked how the British attitude was implemented in Coh1 with calm and rather polite voices, yet regular German.

I just hope they did it better in the English version (with both "German" and "Russian" flavoured English).

Thus I voted Ostheer for best and Russians for worst voices.
13 Oct 2014, 18:06 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2014, 13:08 PMTNrg
Best: USF or Wehrmacht. Voted USF.

Worst: Soviets. I just don't like how the female voice sounds.

I voted the same as you,but not bcs I dislike the SU Sniper voices for SU, but rather there are too few compelling one liners.

Subjectively, the voice acting I enjoyed the most was in vCoH - the Wehrmacht, PE and Britz. The Wehrmacht sniper was(for me) supreme - good lines,and well articulated, closely followed by the Grenadiers, or for example, the Stuh Commander "Very well! Let us get this over with, shall we?". Was that Kai Wolff? Somehow (sorry) neither the Ostheer nor OKW carry it off as well.

EDIT: I think the Ostruppen voice is reasonably immersive, but as the Squad itself (IMO) is limited, so too are the responses it gives
13 Oct 2014, 18:11 PM

merican voices for USA are good german voices for german armies are good and soviet voices for soviets are good (yes, i changed game language to hear all of them) - native voices for each army are best, dunno why we can't choose which army uses which voice

You mean you tried the 3 different language versions? Yeah I wish there were a way to make each faction use their native language.
14 Oct 2014, 01:11 AM

Something as simple as choosing native voices for each faction should be included in the game.
14 Oct 2014, 01:52 AM
Benefactor 115

Voted USF as the best.
Just because I love Assault Engineers.

"Start grillin' boys!"
14 Oct 2014, 02:32 AM

I really enjoyed the vCOH voice acting, but sadly, COH2 ones sound terrible
14 Oct 2014, 03:40 AM
Donator 33

Just realised we're defining worst in quite different ways.

ie
"I don't like the words they say because they're unrealistic and/or repetitive"
"The delivery is unconvincing or they have a silly accent"
"It annoys me because of the way it is recorded / sound quality"

Some that excel in one area tank in another.
Still good to see some overall trends emerging I guess.
14 Oct 2014, 06:13 AM

It bothers me that the PG's (which are loosely based on the SS) talk about "living space". I would change this line or remove it because of the Nazi racism it refers to.

Several of the German lines in the game reference Germany's goals or leaders at the time, but they're spoken entirely sarcastically or with contempt.

I always took that as a sarcastic stab at the concept and their casualty rate. The quote is "Lebensraum? Who's gonna be left to live here?" and I think they're just implying that they're dying off so quickly that they won't have a population to export.

Pioneers also make references to the losses, they have a quote that goes something like "We've lost too armies many already, we can't possibly sustain these losses." And I once heard an Obers mocking Hitler (though they didn't use his name).
14 Oct 2014, 06:27 AM
Patrion 14

STALIN'S LITTLE GIRLS ARE HERE

How can anyone not go for Ostheer :D
14 Oct 2014, 07:06 AM

Soviets are the best for me. Ostheer sounds quite ridiculous.
14 Oct 2014, 07:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2014, 06:27 AMCptEend

STALIN'S LITTLE GIRLS ARE HERE

How can anyone not go for Ostheer :D

TEAR THOSE RUS' NEW A*******!

This quote is better. :D
14 Oct 2014, 08:01 AM

Permanently Banned
The best voice are spanish :snfCHVGame:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #