Login

russian armor

Further Evidence that COH3 is Trash

PAGES (11)down
12 Jul 2022, 19:28 PM

Based on today (7/12/22) Twitch Stream

Tank Clipping Still a Problem

British tank drives right through Axis tank with futuristic phasing technology to get a rear hit.

Relic Developer clicking rapidly to reverse tank while tanks spin in circles not responding before camera moves away.
12 Jul 2022, 22:23 PM
13 Jul 2022, 06:16 AM

you're nitpicking, get a life

It is not nitpicking to expect a working product that you pay for.

UKF launched in 2015. After 7 years Advanced Warning has never worked and has been bugged. When I see bugs in COH2 inside COH3 it makes me question if Relic is even trying.

It is not just limited to Company of Heroes either.

AOE IV

https://www.coh2.org/file/20298/aoe-4-bug.jpg

https://www.coh2.org/file/20299/aoe4-bug-1.jpg

When I think of Relic the first thing that comes to my mind is bugsplat.

https://www.coh2.org/file/20300/company-2-2249446390.jpg

Which is what Relic should change their name too since they literally leave bugs in their games for years which explains why AOE 4 has less active players than AOE 2. People are tired of the bugs and Relic needs to do more to improve its image that it destroyed with DOW 3.
13 Jul 2022, 08:21 AM

It is not nitpicking to expect a working product that you pay for.

UKF launched in 2015. After 7 years Advanced Warning has never worked and has been bugged. When I see bugs in COH2 inside COH3 it makes me question if Relic is even trying.

Play the game, mate.
13 Jul 2022, 14:48 PM

Play the game, mate.

No because then it doesn't support the claim that COH3 is complete trash :facepalm:.
14 Jul 2022, 08:13 AM

Some people are just desperate for it to suck so they can be proved right.
14 Jul 2022, 08:40 AM

And I won't even buy the game even if I want to. In Russia, it cannot be bought and the Russian language has been abolished. Although Russian is spoken not only in Russia. I have friends in many regions of the CIS and in Ukraine and they speak Russian.

And that's a big problem for Relic. There is a large community of Company of Heroes and strategies in general in Russia. The game is already quite niche, and it will lose part of the audience.
14 Jul 2022, 11:08 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

And I won't even buy the game even if I want to. In Russia, it cannot be bought and the Russian language has been abolished. Although Russian is spoken not only in Russia. I have friends in many regions of the CIS and in Ukraine and they speak Russian.

And that's a big problem for Relic. There is a large community of Company of Heroes and strategies in general in Russia. The game is already quite niche, and it will lose part of the audience.

Russian people can't preorder it in steam sale??
14 Jul 2022, 11:19 AM

Nowhere. On the page companyofheroes.com the price is 5,000 rubles for the standard edition and 6,700 rubles for the extended edition (this is at least 1/5 of the usual salary that people receive in the regions of Russia) but cannot be bought, the product is not available in your region. In Steam, upon the announcement of the date, the page was open and there was a localization of the interface. Now the page is closed and the Russian localization is removed. Although Russian is spoken not only in Russia. A friend from Ukraine says that the price of the game is 1,400 hryvnias (for the standard edition), which is also a lot of money for Ukraine.

I think this is a big mistake, given that Russia has a large community of CoH and Strategy in general, and in general will not be favorable for sales and the game.
14 Jul 2022, 11:36 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Nowhere. On the page companyofheroes.com the price is 5,000 rubles for the standard edition and 6,700 rubles for the extended edition (this is at least 1/5 of the usual salary that people receive in the regions of Russia) but cannot be bought, the product is not available in your region. In Steam, upon the announcement of the date, the page was open and there was a localization of the interface. Now the page is closed and the Russian localization is removed. Although Russian is spoken not only in Russia. A friend from Ukraine says that the price of the game is 1,400 hryvnias (for the standard edition), which is also a lot of money for Ukraine.

I think this is a big mistake, given that Russia has a large community of CoH and Strategy in general, and in general will not be favorable for sales and the game.

Can it be because of the war right now?
14 Jul 2022, 11:40 AM

Can it be because of the war right now?

Yes. Right now the major publishers are doing the same. Although small publishers and studios do not leave the market. A recent case in Russia closed the page of the game Warhammer 40,000: Darktide due to GW policy. Other Fat Shark games are still in the store.
14 Jul 2022, 12:14 PM

Tank Clipping Still a Problem

British tank drives right through Axis tank with futuristic phasing technology to get a rear hit.

I can't wait for you to tell us about your amazing pathing algorithm that works even when vehicles are still acting as path-blockers while they are moving :snfPeter:
14 Jul 2022, 12:35 PM

I can't wait for you to tell us about your amazing pathing algorithm that works even when vehicles are still acting as path-blockers while they are moving :snfPeter:

Actually its a problem of collision model. And to be fair here, its not that complected to do right, especially considering (using Relic own words) that vehicles are now using physic based structure, rather then being just a moving entity box with predefined collision and model.
14 Jul 2022, 18:57 PM

I would be totally OK with tanks phasing thru each other if they also didnt stick to each other like magnets and get stuck every 2 minutes. Ally tanks should never get stuck to each other ever.

Add to this the shitty friendly AI that constantly drives its tanks into yours to get them blocked and killed.

The maps would all need to be twice as big if the tanks could not get around things easier. And twice as big = much less FPS. Smaller is better.
14 Jul 2022, 19:17 PM

I am very surprised Russians can even play games on Steam at all. You would think that would have been shutdown a few months ago.

But it is very cool to see Russians, Ukrainians, etc all playing together. We need to come together and overthrow these asshat governments since us gamers all seem to get along fine no matter where we are from.

#NoMoreGovt
14 Jul 2022, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2022, 19:17 PMRosbone

I am very surprised Russians can even play games on Steam at all. You would think that would have been shutdown a few months ago.

But it is very cool to see Russians, Ukrainians, etc all playing together. We need to come together and overthrow these asshat governments since us gamers all seem to get along fine no matter where we are from.

#NoMoreGovt

Then I think Steam would be inundated with lawsuits. You paid money for the goods, but it turns out you can lose everything at any time. By analogy, recently in Russia, a guy won a court case against Sony. The PS store did not work in Russia (now it works again) and he was ordered to replace his PS5 without a BR drive with a new one with a drive + compensation, because his expensive PS5 just turned into useless trash.
14 Jul 2022, 23:25 PM

Then I think Steam would be inundated with lawsuits.

Yes, I could see that. They could however ban people from game servers. So they can login to Steam and play locally.

I find it hysterical that a country can just up and invade a place and kill people. And all we can do is go "Hey! Not cool!"

But you strip peoples games away and there will be hell to pay!!! Lawsuits for decades!!! Someone has to answer for this atrocity!!!
15 Jul 2022, 04:52 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2022, 19:17 PMRosbone

#NoMoreGovt

GAMERSRISEUP

15 Jul 2022, 05:45 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

That is messed up, the whole situation is messed up. Russians are a big part of CoH community.
16 Jul 2022, 00:04 AM

This type of attitude is exactly why Relic took took 20+ years just to allow people to change their own hotkeys (a basic feature of literally every single game from 2000 onwards). Stop settling for mediocre trash and demand real upgrades to the game instead of the same engine from 2006 with a DOW 3 colorful filter on top of it just to make it seem like they actually made a brand new game.

At least there are some people trying to get Relic to make changes in a positive direction.

COH 3 has dog shite graphics, the worst UI I have ever used in any single game (besides Total War Three Kingdoms) and lacking basic functional upgrades like improvements to Pathfinding. It doesn't need to be perfect but any improvement over what we have now is a step in the right direction. Instead we get Relic embarassing themselves on Twitch by trying to reverse tanks only for them to spin in circles.
PAGES (11)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS