Login

russian armor

Further Evidence that COH3 is Trash

PAGES (11)down
26 Aug 2022, 06:53 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

CoH1 was on Essence Engine 1, CoH3 is on Essence Engine 5.
Essence Engine Wiki
26 Aug 2022, 07:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2022, 06:53 AMSpanky
Essence Engine Wiki

Nice. I hope they are using different coding? That's what the problem was wasn't it? :sibPheasant:

WE SHOULD HAVE THE OPTION TO CHANGE THE GRAPHICS TO THE FUNKY original ONES
26 Aug 2022, 07:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2022, 06:53 AMSpanky
Essence Engine Wiki

Age of Empire 4 is also on the fifth version of the engine, as Wikipedia points out. In the reviews, already said that the Age of Empire 4 is poorly optimized and uses only one core.
26 Aug 2022, 14:12 PM

No idea, but I'm pretty confident they are not "Using the same engine as coh1 with some light modifications."

"I'm pretty confident" is not an argument bro
27 Aug 2022, 16:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Reminder to be constructive as possible, especially in regards to the developers that made this game that we all care deeply about.
27 Aug 2022, 19:03 PM

Can it be because of the war right now?

I don't really agree with some of the some of the sanctions like gaming companies and fast food companies pulling out of Russia. Those products don't really help the Russian war effort, even tangentially. If McDonalds pulled out of the US, we'd have a lot less obesity here and my health insurance premiums would go down. I'd almost rather they left the US and went to Russia. I'd definitely let gaming companies and other drug dealers continue to do business in Russia.
27 Aug 2022, 19:26 PM

Reminder to be constructive as possible, especially in regards to the developers that made this game that we all care deeply about.

Acting like a white knight and setting my posts to invisible is not going to change the fact that Relic has a track record of failure.

COH 2 had a terrible launch. The game was literally unplayable for years and even then the game is full of bugs that literally take 5 seconds to fix and are still present in the game.

Advanced Warning launched with UKF roughly 7 years ago and it is still broken and does not work. This is one of many bugs reported that have gone on for years and never fixed.

Dawn of War 3 was a failure of epic proportions almost as bad as COH 2's launch.

AOE 4 only sold copies because it had the name Age of Empires attached to it. Had it came with any other name it would have flopped harder than Dawn of War 3. AOE 2 has more players on it than AOE 4 which is a huge embarrassment.

I spent years being Constructive even going as far as highlighting bugs and exploits and sending them to Relic only for it to be ignored until they are forced to do a hotfix.

The simple fact is that Relic died with THQ which is why all former Relic staff left and are in Blackbird Interactive making Homeworld 3. The people who are left are extremely incompetent.

Look 45 seconds at the Artillery or 53 seconds when the Calliope starts shooting. The animations are way off and a huge downgrade from COH2. The entire video showcases terrible animations for different units and Relic is proud to show that off just like how they were proud of the new UI that they put in that everyone hated forcing them to respond saying that they will change it.

They are out of touch and have no idea what they are doing.

27 Aug 2022, 23:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2022, 19:03 PMGrumpy

I don't really agree with some of the some of the sanctions like gaming companies and fast food companies pulling out of Russia. Those products don't really help the Russian war effort, even tangentially. If McDonalds pulled out of the US, we'd have a lot less obesity here and my health insurance premiums would go down. I'd almost rather they left the US and went to Russia. I'd definitely let gaming companies and other drug dealers continue to do business in Russia.

Long story short. Russia was mostly disconnected from swift, meaning you cant buy games "properly", yet, friends of mine from Russia, can simply use third party ways to add currency of steam wallets to buy games.

Or they can simply just change their region to another CIS country, which is not even bannable by steam, because CIS in steam acts like a single region over-all, just with different currencies for different countries.

Considering not a lot of regular steam users will go with all those shenanigans and companies for sure will lose some money, they just decides to use this as a "act of a support", while in reality they understand that ppl who want to buy games still have plenty of ways to do so.

Point being, if russia would have still been in swift, no-one would have region locked them. If it wasnt the case, then companies would have region locked russia from their games and not just close purchasing in steam.
28 Aug 2022, 03:01 AM

Acting like a white knight and setting my posts to invisible is not going to change the fact that Relic has a track record of failure.

COH 2 had a terrible launch. The game was literally unplayable for years and even then the game is full of bugs that literally take 5 seconds to fix and are still present in the game.

Advanced Warning launched with UKF roughly 7 years ago and it is still broken and does not work. This is one of many bugs reported that have gone on for years and never fixed.

Dawn of War 3 was a failure of epic proportions almost as bad as COH 2's launch.

AOE 4 only sold copies because it had the name Age of Empires attached to it. Had it came with any other name it would have flopped harder than Dawn of War 3. AOE 2 has more players on it than AOE 4 which is a huge embarrassment.

I spent years being Constructive even going as far as highlighting bugs and exploits and sending them to Relic only for it to be ignored until they are forced to do a hotfix.

The simple fact is that Relic died with THQ which is why all former Relic staff left and are in Blackbird Interactive making Homeworld 3. The people who are left are extremely incompetent.

Look 45 seconds at the Artillery or 53 seconds when the Calliope starts shooting. The animations are way off and a huge downgrade from COH2. The entire video showcases terrible animations for different units and Relic is proud to show that off just like how they were proud of the new UI that they put in that everyone hated forcing them to respond saying that they will change it.

They are out of touch and have no idea what they are doing.

I'm going to buy the game, but expect that it will be buggy. There were more cringe-worthy parts of the video than the Calliope. They bragged about infantry riding on tanks, then showed video of the infantry suspended in mid-air next to the two tanks as the tanks were moving. Then the tanks started phasing through each other, like some cross between WWII and Harry Potter. It did bother me a bit that they would brag about something that poorly executed.
28 Aug 2022, 10:23 AM

What i don't like about this discussion is that relic at least tries to make some kind of next Gen RTS.

i mean ,look at tempest rising. another Rock paper Scissors lameduck with toy tanks and clone animations and 90s gameplay, just like evry other RTS in the last 15 years

Relic is the only RTS dev who builds this kind of atmospheric and vivid battlefield experience, not even total war gets this kind of atmosphere.

and i thank relic for that.

the real problems are mobile gamers, CoD buyers witcher only players etc.

28 Aug 2022, 11:55 AM

What i don't like about this discussion is that relic at least tries to make some kind of next Gen RTS.

i mean ,look at tempest rising. another Rock paper Scissors lameduck with toy tanks and clone animations and 90s gameplay, just like evry other RTS in the last 15 years

Relic is the only RTS dev who builds this kind of atmospheric and vivid battlefield experience, not even total war gets this kind of atmosphere.

and i thank relic for that.

the real problems are mobile gamers, CoD buyers witcher only players etc.

Yes, she tries so hard that she added the Black Prince. For what? The faction would have worked fine without the Black Prince. If Relic really wanted to try that instead of another Germany, the faction would be Italy without heavy tanks. With asymmetrical balance.
28 Aug 2022, 12:06 PM

Yes, she tries so hard that she added the Black Prince. For what? The faction would have worked fine without the Black Prince. If Relic really wanted to try that instead of another Germany, the faction would be Italy without heavy tanks. With asymmetrical balance.

are you really still nitpicking about this one stupid tank?

dude a ww2 game without big tanks would simply not sell

and brit lovers also want a big tank. did you forget about the pershing crying here in the forum after US release without it?
28 Aug 2022, 12:11 PM

are you really still nitpicking about this one stupid tank?

dude a ww2 game without big tanks would simply not sell

and brit lovers also want a big tank. did you forget about the pershing crying here in the forum after US release without it?

I was completely indifferent that Pershing was not in the game. And yes, I will continue to believe that the Black Prince has no place in the game. The game is based on World War II, you take the time period you take its limitation. Do you want the Black Prince? Go to Operation Unthinkable and alternate history. You can add anything there: Black Prince, Centurion, Tortoise, T95 everything that did not get into the war. Leave WWII with WWII units.
28 Aug 2022, 17:22 PM

I was completely indifferent that Pershing was not in the game. And yes, I will continue to believe that the Black Prince has no place in the game. The game is based on World War II, you take the time period you take its limitation. Do you want the Black Prince? Go to Operation Unthinkable and alternate history. You can add anything there: Black Prince, Centurion, Tortoise, T95 everything that did not get into the war. Leave WWII with WWII units.

None of us play COH because we think it is historically accurate. I'd play the much more realistic snooze-fest called Steel Division, then just arty and rocket the shit out of Axis heavies when I play allies, or faust Shermans with their paper-thin armor when playing Axis.

All of the factions need heavies as damage sponges, particularly in the larger game modes. It has nothing to do with historical accuracy.

Relic is trying. I'd rather they not add new features and worry more about making the existing ones less buggy but they're probably thinking that a new game needs new features.
28 Aug 2022, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2022, 17:22 PMGrumpy

None of us play COH because we think it is historically accurate. I'd play the much more realistic snooze-fest called Steel Division, then just arty and rocket the shit out of Axis heavies when I play allies, or faust Shermans with their paper-thin armor when playing Axis.

All of the factions need heavies as damage sponges, particularly in the larger game modes. It has nothing to do with historical accuracy.

Relic is trying. I'd rather they not add new features and worry more about making the existing ones less buggy but they're probably thinking that a new game needs new features.

The Black Prince is World of Tanks when the gaps in balance or design are filled with a paper tank. Is the Company of Heroes historically accurate, of course not. But this did not deviate from the canons of the Second World War. I repeat once again: if you want fancy stuff, go to an alternative history, there you can make at least the E-100 / E-75 / Tiger-2 with a 105-mm gun, no one will forbid you from this and will not tell you any pretensions. But you took the Second World War, so you agreed its limitations. I don’t see something that the Company of Heroes would be positioned as an alternative history yet. How the hell do you get the Black Prince out of the game.
28 Aug 2022, 19:32 PM

The Trailer looked bad. Very sad, lets hope relic has miracle workers. But TBH. its a miracle already that relic is still in business.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight