Login

russian armor

CoH3 multiplayer alpha soon

PAGES (7)down
Pip
16 Sep 2021, 19:20 PM

I think longest I've had was 1-2 hours give or take, granted it was probably 3-4 in the morning

I can't imagine waiting 1-2 hours to play a single game.

I don't really know what the solution to that is though, other than increasing the playerbase. Unless the matchmaking is literally broken and not putting you into an available equally-skilled match quicker, the only other thing it could do is put you with a weaker or stronger player... which isnt going to make for a very good match.
16 Sep 2021, 19:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2021, 19:20 PMPip

I can't imagine waiting 1-2 hours to play a single game.

I don't really know what the solution to that is though, other than increasing the playerbase. Unless the matchmaking is literally broken and not putting you into an available equally-skilled match quicker, the only other thing it could do is put you with a weaker or stronger player... which isnt going to make for a very good match.

1-2 hours seems impossible. I highly doubt the algorithm will "hold off" on finding a match (irrespective of game mode) even if you are searching during the depth of the night. I search at both prime & dead NA hours (multiple factors worse for mismatching than EU) and whilst I still get put with people that are hundreds to thousands of ranks out of mine, I have never waited more than lets say 15-20 minutes. It's still pretty horrific mind you.

EDIT: Rosbone has legit concerns. He might not take the most diplomatic approach to getting his points across (lol) but it is in all of our interests that the matchmaking system is better than what COH2 currently offers. Defending it in its current state and accepting the status quo is effectively the same as saying "I don't care if I have to play against people that are hundreds to thousands of ranks better/worse than me" - you do you if you think that creates fun games.

Back to the topic:

Exciting times ahead for the COH3 multiplayer. I hope they have fleshed out some of these UI & bug issues that were plaguing the SP pre-alpha. Even if the balance is completely bonkers (I hope not too badly), it should make for some interesting first in-depth looks at how the game interacts in a PvP environment.
17 Sep 2021, 15:41 PM

EDIT: Rosbone has legit concerns. He might not take the most diplomatic approach to getting his points across (lol) but it is in all of our interests that the matchmaking system is better than what COH2 currently offers.

I tried diplomatic for years. Its scorched earth time now M'F'ers! j/k

You have to act like a mental case to cut thru peoples apathy. We are all decendents of people who were enslaved or oppressed violently. Anyone who could think for themselves and strive to make things better was killed off. So humanity has become a field of sheeple and cows mooing thru the day.

Me: Coh2 is broken.
All: Coh2 is great man.
Me: Yes, I agree. But its completely broken.
All: Its not that bad man.
Me: (Sitting in qeue for days trying to get a single good game) Yes I think it is.
All: I dont sit in qeue that long man.
Me: You seem to be a smooth brain sheeple person. I just gave you data proving otherwise.
All: Moooooo. Moooooo.
Relic: Sitting silently pretending they dont have a problem.
Me: Clearly there are no intelligent people playing/making coh2. My efforts are wasted here. Peace.

There are a bunch of really cool people that play and stream Coh2. So I did what I could to help them and help Relic make a better product. Relic does not care. I did what I could to help you guys out.
Pip
17 Sep 2021, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2021, 15:41 PMRosbone

I tried diplomatic for years. Its scorched earth time now M'F'ers! j/k

You have to act like a mental case to cut thru peoples apathy. We are all decendents of people who were enslaved or oppressed violently. Anyone who could think for themselves and strive to make things better was killed off. So humanity has become a field of sheeple and cows mooing thru the day.

Me: Coh2 is broken.
All: Coh2 is great man.
Me: Yes, I agree. But its completely broken.
All: Its not that bad man.
Me: (Sitting in qeue for days trying to get a single good game) Yes I think it is.
All: I dont sit in qeue that long man.
Me: You seem to be a smooth brain sheeple person. I just gave you data proving otherwise.
All: Moooooo. Moooooo.
Relic: Sitting silently pretending they dont have a problem.
Me: Clearly there are no intelligent people playing/making coh2. My efforts are wasted here. Peace.

There are a bunch of really cool people that play and stream Coh2. So I did what I could to help them and help Relic make a better product. Relic does not care. I did what I could to help you guys out.

Counterpoint: Sheep do not say "moo."

Though I do agree that Relic need to work very hard to not release CoH3 in a terribly broken state, as they have with previous releases.
17 Sep 2021, 15:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2021, 15:42 PMPip
Counterpoint: Sheep do not say "moo."

:D
6 Oct 2021, 04:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2021, 20:05 PMStark
To be honest i was expecting a custom commanders in coh3.

Not sure about this system. It seems more interesting than coh1 and coh2 but it's very possible that it will cause a very powerfull wombo-combo abuse strats especially annoying at the release of the game (and probably at least full first year before major balance patches).

Honestly Im Kinda worried that its going to be very limiting Coh2 system has Grown on my well actually I never really had a problem with it and I like to be able to have lots of different options and the ability to slightly tailor my loadout to suite me or for specific strat.

I was thinking maybe they could do like a Kinda A Coh1/2 Hybrid systems where yeah you have your 3 main battle groups but as well as that you have 1 to 3 officer slots you where you can choose among many different minor officers akin to Coh2 .

I guess this would be similiar to your Commander Loadouts and bulletins except less extensive like maybe you only choose 1 and get an additional minor ability and slight buff to some unit or something. Just a way too still be able to tailor your strategies a bit and still have customization and stuff...

Cause I mean yeah thinking of Coh3 with only 3 Commanders or battle groups with only 6 abilities too choose From I dunno It seems kind of limiting to me.

Guess we will see I loved both Coh1 and 2 and didnt have a problem with either system but I feel Coh2 definately had more longevity and options and more possible strategies.

I guess for me I just want the maximum ways to experience the game and different ways to play/strategies as possible.
6 Oct 2021, 10:20 AM

my biggest fear is the use of essense engine 5, which means game will be again single core and thus will have very poor performance for vast majority of gamers.

if anyone has better info on this pls tell me.

The vast majority of new players start with 4v4 multiplayer and performance on coh2 in 4v4 was extremely poor up until recently when processors actually became better and not the game code. I hope coh3 doesnt take 5 years till you can get 40ish fps lategame.
7 Oct 2021, 00:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2021, 10:20 AMSmaug
my biggest fear is the use of essense engine 5, which means game will be again single core and thus will have very poor performance for vast majority of gamers.

The vast majority of new players start with 4v4 multiplayer and performance on coh2 in 4v4 was extremely poor up until recently when processors actually became better and not the game code. I hope coh3 doesnt take 5 years till you can get 40ish fps lategame.

Dawn of War 3 was an epic piece of garbage but the one thing it had going for it was that it ran pretty well. However knowing Relic they will find a way to mess that up and the game will use 1 CPU Core and be capped at 2 Gigs of Ram.
9 Oct 2021, 01:40 AM

Please tell me I'll be able to mute opponents in chat. There's literally only one thing worse than losing a game solely due to bad RNG, and that's having some mofo taunt and insult you non-stop.

Only 1% or 2% of the playerbase is like that but since I play thousands of games that's still a lot of games against those lowlifes.
11 Oct 2021, 15:58 PM

Please tell me I'll be able to mute opponents in chat. There's literally only one thing worse than losing a game solely due to bad RNG, and that's having some mofo taunt and insult you non-stop.

Only 1% or 2% of the playerbase is like that but since I play thousands of games that's still a lot of games against those lowlifes.

I would also approve a opportunity to effectively report those candidates.
12 Oct 2021, 03:49 AM

so.. multiplayer alpha when.. any guesses?
12 Oct 2021, 05:48 AM

commonwealth forces aren't done yet so i expect the MP in December or next year
12 Oct 2021, 12:38 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2021, 10:20 AMSmaug

Age of Empires 4 and CoH 3 share the same game engine (Essense Engine 5 like you said) so I hope Microsoft and Sega also pay Relic for modernize the engine code regarding modern CPU usage and optimizations. 🙏

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2021, 03:49 AMSmaug
so.. multiplayer alpha when.. any guesses?

I would say February 2022 at the earliest.

3 Nov 2021, 01:03 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Well from the latest news it looks like we are getting the alpha sooner rather than later. :banana:
3 Nov 2021, 01:29 AM
Donator 11

Age of Empires 4 and CoH 3 share the same game engine (Essense Engine 5 like you said) so I hope Microsoft and Sega also pay Relic for modernize the engine code regarding modern CPU usage and optimizations. 🙏

AoE 4 is very optimized. CoH 3 should be too
3 Nov 2021, 02:39 AM

Hypehypehpypehpyephpeyphephbephep
3 Nov 2021, 10:06 AM
3 Nov 2021, 13:47 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

4 Nov 2021, 08:30 AM

Oh fuck yeah

10 Nov 2021, 01:18 AM
Donator 11

I think it will be December, maybe even November. The recent regular updates about multiplayer alpha sounds like its like a month a way or less.
PAGES (7)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS