Login

russian armor

USA scotts (M8A1)

PAGES (19)down
12 Sep 2021, 23:21 PM

Looking for your Opinions. Pls vote.
Cheers!

If you have other ideas, pls write them here down :)

Buff the Scott's barrage so that it is more like a mobile howitzer, which it was, instead of a mobile direct-fire mortar. Nerf the autofire.
12 Sep 2021, 23:34 PM

Looking for your Opinions. Pls vote.
Cheers!

If you have other ideas, pls write them here down :)

Make Scott doctrinal and Calliope non doctrinal :crazy:
12 Sep 2021, 23:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2021, 23:34 PMZycat

Make Scott doctrinal and Calliope non doctrinal :crazy:

Relic vetoes this along with Land Mattress being moved into nondoc.

As for Scott, I think the smoke is the only real problem atm for Scott. You are actively discouraged from diving it with that alone, nvm the fact its a fast moving vehicle with 3 shot hp.

12 Sep 2021, 23:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2021, 20:56 PMVaz
are we talking white phosphorus rounds that are completely castrated, like the mortar ht has (which at max does 40 damage to braindead players), or real wp like the pak howi vet1?

The M8 Howitzer Motor Carriage carried 46 rounds of 75 mm ammunition; 11 rounds at the right rear of the fighting compartment, 20 rounds at the left rear of the fighting compartment, 9 rounds in the left hull sponson, and 6 "ready" rounds stored between the driver and assistant driver's positions. The most common types of ammunition carried were the M89 white phosphorus shell and the M48 high explosive shell. Unlike the standard M5 light tank, the M8 featured no hull-mounted or coaxial Browning M1919A4 .30 caliber machine gun. A Browning M2HB .50 caliber machine gun with 400 rounds was mounted on the right rear corner of the turret for local defense and anti-aircraft purposes. For self-defense, the vehicle driver was provided with a Thompson submachine gun, while the other three crew members were issued M1 carbines.

I would be ok with the M8 Scott Losing Auto-Attack/Being Nerfed if the Default Barrage by default was like the White Phospherous from the Pak Howitzer. It would be more historically accurate having White Phospherous Rounds while also fixing most of its issues.
13 Sep 2021, 02:30 AM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2021, 21:03 PMVipper

A USF blob can punish an enemy blob.

I'd encourage you to not be so sarcastic in your replies as it will increase the quality and value of this website
13 Sep 2021, 07:14 AM

M8 SCOTT REWORK
(Proof of Concept)

Download Link:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2600799087

M8 Scott Rework Proof of Concept

Quick Notes

-Spent about 10 minutes to create this so may have some bugs, the purpose of this is to demonstrate/promote an idea, numbers are not final nor are things perfect.

Changes

-M8 Scott HP Reduced to 300 HP from 400 HP
-Auto Attack Range reduced to 40 (standard tank range)
-Auto Attack Projectile speed significantly increased
-Barrage now Fires White Phospherous Shells
- Cost Increased to 320 MP and 100 Fuel
- Vet 3 now grants +100 HP and +10 Main Gun Attack Range (Old Vet 3 Integrated into Barrage)

Reasoning
By limiting the Auto Attack Range and lowering the Health the Unit is much easier to deal with. Getting into range to Auto Attack is riskier however the Projectile Speed is increased so that it can fire like a normal tank round would. This also prevents an endless barrage of random projectiles/Cheese Strats involving Pathfinders.

To Compensate the Barrage Skill now fires potent White Phospherous Rounds.

13 Sep 2021, 09:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2021, 09:05 AMVipper

I am not the one that brought blobs into this topic and the funny this is that continue to talk about them.

the thread is about the scott so tho issue of scott unable to control a blob while the faction doesnt have other stock tools for that task is relevant i believe. but then you coming up with 'usf blob can punish other blob". Event if that statement is true (which as many point out, is not the case), a faction have to depend on blob to counter other blob instead of using proper tools is not far from a design flaw to begin with.
Vaz
13 Sep 2021, 09:43 AM

M8 SCOTT REWORK
(Proof of Concept)

Download Link:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2600799087

M8 Scott Rework Proof of Concept

Quick Notes

-Spent about 10 minutes to create this so may have some bugs, the purpose of this is to demonstrate/promote an idea, numbers are not final nor are things perfect.

Changes

-M8 Scott HP Reduced to 300 HP from 400 HP
-Auto Attack Range reduced to 40 (standard tank range)
-Auto Attack Projectile speed significantly increased
-Barrage now Fires White Phospherous Shells
- Cost Increased to 320 MP and 100 Fuel
- Vet 3 now grants +100 HP and +10 Main Gun Attack Range (Old Vet 3 Integrated into Barrage)

Reasoning
By limiting the Auto Attack Range and lowering the Health the Unit is much easier to deal with. Getting into range to Auto Attack is riskier however the Projectile Speed is increased so that it can fire like a normal tank round would. This also prevents an endless barrage of random projectiles/Cheese Strats involving Pathfinders.

that scott looks like it can't kill anything, just drop everything to 1%, unless a 1% gets hit by the shell
13 Sep 2021, 10:00 AM

the thread is about the scott so tho issue of scott unable to control a blob while the faction doesnt have other stock tools for that task is relevant i believe. but then you coming up with 'usf blob can punish other blob".

The flaw in that line of thinking is the assumption that scott should be able to control a blob, scott is an assault gun to provide direct and indirect fire support it is simply not a rocket artillery and if one expect it to perform as an rocket artillery one will be disappointed.

Event if that statement is true (which as many point out, is not the case), a faction have to depend on blob to counter other blob instead of using proper tools is not far from a design flaw to begin with.

Not having the "proper tool" is not design flaw but a deliberate decision taken by Relic that wanted USF to depend on riflemen.

If one decides to give USF the "proper tools", one would also have redesigned them and remove their perks.
13 Sep 2021, 10:14 AM

Ah yes one 4v4 team made up of mostly non 4v4 players gets rolled. Has to be a single units fault and not the team getting outplayed. Oh they have a good strategy? Pathfinders spotting for the Soviet team weapons? Yea let’s just nerf pathfinders. One of the few spotters for the Americans lol. Sounds like a L2P problem.
13 Sep 2021, 10:43 AM

Paths are made out of glass. Once something stinky hits the fan, they die very fast, especially late game when enemy infantry is vetted and upgraded. Although they perform quite well with zooks.
13 Sep 2021, 10:52 AM

Reasoning

If something should be done, its the exact opposite. PakHowi already fulfill this role, so remove the auto-attack from the pak, increase its barrage capability then remove the barrage from the Scott and make it a auto-attack dedicated unit like the brumbar.
Scott will never work like a rocket arty unit so I don't know why to try comparing them. What Scott can do well is constant bleeding.

At the end of the day, people bitching about Scott survivability are the same having no problem with the Brumbar having the same level of it with its armor and health pool + doctrinal scope or doctrinal smoke. The same group of people having no problem with proposing and imposing double standard for Axis units and Allied ones.
13 Sep 2021, 11:02 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2021, 10:00 AMVipper

The flaw in that line of thinking is the assumption that scott should be able to control a blob, scott is an assault gun to provide direct and indirect fire support it is simply not a rocket artillery and if one expect it to perform as an rocket artillery one will be disappointed.

Scott has to be blob control because otherwise USF has none. Being an assault gun is actually the perfect reason for being blob control, just like the AVRE, ST and Brummbar.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2021, 10:00 AMVipper
Not having the "proper tool" is not design flaw but a deliberate decision taken by Relic that wanted USF to depend on riflemen.

That is not a reason at all. Relic did plenty of shitty design decisions (also good ones, goes without saying I hope) that screw over balancing to this very day.
13 Sep 2021, 11:21 AM

Scott has to be blob control because otherwise USF has none. Being an assault gun is actually the perfect reason for being blob control, just like the AVRE, ST and Brummbar.

The unit perform better than Stug-E which is at the same class. It is not rocket artillery.

I was also used extensively and in more number than most other assault guns in the latest tournamets.

I am pretty sure you are not suggesting that is should become an AVRE.

That is not a reason at all. Relic did plenty of shitty design decisions (also good ones, goes without saying I hope) that screw over balancing to this very day.

Imo what screw balance worse is that fact that instead of accepting Relic decisions and original faction design there was an attempt to bypass them.

Either there is faction design or one end up with band aid over band aid and in this case having a faction that was design to have limited access to support weapons with 4 stock different option and trying to make all of them viable but on OP when they overlap.

(edited)
13 Sep 2021, 11:48 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2021, 11:21 AMVipper

The unit perform better than Stug-E which is at the same class. It is not rocket artillery.

Which it should also since it takes 25% more pop. But the StuGE is irrelevant here anyway. As already mentioned, USF does not have any other blob control unit, the Scott could and should fit this role. Unfortunately, it currently does not.

I was also used extensively and in more number than most other assault guns in the latest tournamets.

I don't know about tourney stats. If you have robust data please provide it. But even if that were the case there could plenty of explanations, since the unit is fairly cheap and non-doctrinal unlike all others. What I can tell you though is that I see a Brummbar regularly in 2v2 and 3v3 when I play Allies, but I rarely see a Scott whenever I play Axis.

I'll let this one be since it will lead way too far off topic.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment