Login

russian armor

USA scotts (M8A1)

PAGES (19)down
12 Sep 2021, 09:24 AM

Literally the whole point of pathfinders is their sight. They are absolutely awful outside of that. The synergy with scott can FEEL broken once you fall behind. It's particularly bad when you don't expect it and I lost hard in 2v2 several times after underestimating finder blobs. But if you don't play recklessly and coordinate your attacks well you should be able to punish the total lack of stopping power imo. It's just harder to execute the offensive axis part which is fine because axis are much easier to play in most other situations (non-open maps, any 1v1 scenario)
12 Sep 2021, 09:41 AM

Is this poll pinned because someone can't counter pathfinder(with Bazooka) + scott spam?
12 Sep 2021, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2021, 09:24 AMGiaA
Literally the whole point of pathfinders is their sight. They are absolutely awful outside of that. The synergy with scott can FEEL broken once you fall behind. It's particularly bad when you don't expect it and I lost hard in 2v2 several times after underestimating finder blobs. But if you don't play recklessly and coordinate your attacks well you should be able to punish the total lack of stopping power imo. It's just harder to execute the offensive axis part which is fine because axis are much easier to play in most other situations (non-open maps, any 1v1 scenario)

One Problem with Pathfinder is that their elite carbines are quite good at close range so "pushing" them is not easy. Imo the weapon profile should change to be long range oriented.

Another issue is their very low XP value.
12 Sep 2021, 09:46 AM

I've been using it and it's definetly much more useful and a better option compared to Sherman now, especially for Captain. I think they are fine and a slight increase of fuel at best would suffice.
I agree with the pathfinders having too much sight, especially now that the vet 3 major is also an excellent and imo way too cost efficient recon unit
12 Sep 2021, 10:00 AM

Kind of too early to answer, to be honest. But it feels decent, at least the buff feels impactful.
12 Sep 2021, 10:25 AM

I have the feeling that scotts with other commanders are not so broken and you see less scott spam with other usa commanders.

can you pls provide a link to game with this strategy imo it would be helpful.
12 Sep 2021, 10:29 AM

LOL pathfinders being the problem. JLI are a couple of times more combatitive, whilst providing the sight. Paths only have the sight, especially the airborne ones that drop bars like crazy. LoL, paths being OP xD. That's some L2P issue right there

Is this poll pinned because someone can't counter pathfinder(with Bazooka) + scott spam?

Most likely. Somebody lost to a paths + scott spam and decided to vent it out here
12 Sep 2021, 10:54 AM

I really would not use "they're OP because enemy spammed it in 4v4" as argument, sorry. If I spam 3-4 werfers or katyushas they would also wipe stuff and the enemy cant do something about it

I know they can be infuriating to deal with and very hard to kill at vet 1, but that's always been the case vs a scott spammer.

And Scotts are basically in their weakest state since 2014. They used to have full 80 range on autofire and also oneshot kill projectiles on the barrage back then

Remember it's the 50 range autofire that oneshots. The barrage cant oneshot and it only got the far AoE dmg increased from 16 to 24 last patch
12 Sep 2021, 11:07 AM

Needed Patch for M8A1 :

revert its autofire range to 60 and veterancy bonus a bit. originally V3's Range bonus, V2's Scatter bonus was worked to both Barrage fire and Normal Fire. at now, Its veterancy(scatter 20%, Range+30%) is only working for Skill Barrage.

Add increasing Max Speed, Hull Traverse and Acceleration. (With M36 Jackson)
USF's Armor has Low armor, but having high mobility is its Concept. but Only Shermans get Mobility bonus at V2.

Unify the Shell's Damage and AOE.
at now. 75mm Autofire has 4Radius and 100 dmg. Barrage fire has 5Radius and 80dmg.

give both 5 Radius and 100 dmg.

1)revert autofire to 60rng
2)give veterancy to not only skill barrage but also autofire
3)revert shells damage to 100 and unitify both Radius to 60
12 Sep 2021, 11:10 AM

Pls add the following option to pole:
for Scott:
Remove defensive smoke

for pathfinder:
Increase XP value
Change weapon profile
remove cloak
12 Sep 2021, 11:17 AM

Still meh unit. As i said before scott need better barrage range and vet1 special ammo but then defensive smoke need to go. Actually Sherman and Scott are both good against blobs but none of them is good against pak wall.
12 Sep 2021, 11:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2021, 11:10 AMVipper

for pathfinder:
Increase XP value
Change weapon profile
remove cloak

Vet3 pathfiners is the only usf unit that can cloak like commandos if you delete cloak usf will dont have any "ambush unit" except bazzoka airborne.

Imo pathfiner vision should be nerfed but Vet3 camo should be in vet1.
12 Sep 2021, 11:24 AM

From another thread about pathfinders:

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2021, 09:47 AMVipper
Imo unit of this type should designed as support/scout units and be balanced around the 240 price.

The critical kill mechanism could be turned into a timed ability to avoid ""critical kill blobs"

The idea here is to design it as clearly support unit that does nto scouting and not fighting.

Turning critical kill to a timed ability (not one shot like in COH1) would balance the mechanism while increasing player's decision making.
12 Sep 2021, 11:28 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I have not played the Scott a lot recently, but in my eyes the Scott must be good at auto fire while PaK Howie and the mortar are barrage units. Potentially even remove the barrage from the Scott if necessary. The Scott has to be the late game bleed unit that USF otherwise only has in the Calliope.
Vaz
12 Sep 2021, 12:07 PM

Well it's far from a bleed unit, even now. You can get noobs into a rage now, but good players have not been phased much with the new scott.
12 Sep 2021, 12:07 PM

Vet3 pathfiners is the only usf unit that can cloak like commandos if you delete cloak usf will dont have any "ambush unit" except bazzoka airborne.

Imo pathfiner vision should be nerfed but Vet3 camo should be in vet1.

I am not against US having a cloaking unit its about the combination of large sight, the ability to cloak and move while cloaked (once vetted).

Imo reckon units should be support units and not fighting units.
12 Sep 2021, 12:08 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I really would not use "they're OP because enemy spammed it in 4v4" as argument, sorry. If I spam 3-4 werfers or katyushas they would also wipe stuff and the enemy cant do something about it

panzwerfer / katyushas die to 1 shot! For scotts you need 3 shot.

So you can way easier dive panzwerfer, katys and trade a tank for it.
12 Sep 2021, 12:11 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2021, 11:10 AMVipper
Pls add the following option to pole:
for Scott:
Remove defensive smoke

for pathfinder:
Increase XP value
Change weapon profile
remove cloak

Don't think that any of the changes for pathfinder would work, or we would have to change it for all axis infs too (JLI etc)

You talk about the vet 1 smoke or?
12 Sep 2021, 12:14 PM

panzwerfer / katyushas die to 1 shot! For scotts you need 3 shot.

So you can way easier dive panzwerfer, katys and trade a tank for it.

as same time, Scott didn't have firepower like rocket arty. With 50 range autofire, AT gun can shot it. dont be silly.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 19
Germany 7
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L