Login

russian armor

Relic Announcement in 24 hours! GTF IN HERE!

PAGES (8)down
12 Jul 2021, 20:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

All aboard the disappointment train of CoH3 not happening for yet another time!
12 Jul 2021, 20:04 PM

All aboard the disappointment train of CoH3 not happening for yet another time!

This seems like the closest we've been to CoH3 so far though, and they're obviously hyping up something here. The Allied Invasion of Italy is very clearly the focus of this teaser. That theatre has long been requested by fans, as well as North Africa; it's an obvious place to take the series.
12 Jul 2021, 20:11 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

wow, where did you store that screenshot? Nice.
So we are getting a new campaign. Hm. ok.

It's in french but I gathered all info about CoH 3 in this topic. Screenshots of the 3 surveys.
12 Jul 2021, 20:11 PM

Relics golden chance to get a Canadian faction in there. Road to Ortona. Hitler line.

They're under the commonwealth umbrella. Were v prominent in COH1

I would be very surprised if it's "British" not "Commonwealth" in North Africa. The Indian and ANZAC forces were significant
12 Jul 2021, 20:15 PM

Very good news! Hope relic rehabilitate their reputation after dow 3 flop and aoe 4 controversial reaction
12 Jul 2021, 20:17 PM

the dream... it's real...
12 Jul 2021, 20:19 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Daaaaamn. I "knew" they were working on CoH3 with the DoW3 team, but I didn't think they would release it so soon with AoE4. April release timeframe like their normal games?
12 Jul 2021, 20:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2021, 20:19 PMTobis
Daaaaamn. I "knew" they were working on CoH3 with the DoW3 team, but I didn't think they would release it so soon with AoE4. April release timeframe like their normal games?

could be April 2023 for all we know
12 Jul 2021, 20:23 PM

a lot also comes down to animations, graphics and atmosphere in this game. People lose themselves in balance discussions a bit too much. For me the one thing that just stands out so much in htis game:
The graphics, the sound, the voice acting, the animations, the models, animations, degree of detail, little things like the holes in the wooden church when tanks fires in them. this is what makes this game feel "alive" like none other before.

seriously. i often tilt my camera ingame, even in ongoing mp matches (no joke) and it feels like a war movie. this is the game i wanted since my childhood. and i got it and still love it

of course, along with the tactical possibilities and game principles in this game

if it has dow3 / Warcraft / Starcraft unit animations and cartoony looks because of "visibility", i will punch my monitor with a fist and jump out of the next window
12 Jul 2021, 20:25 PM

This seems like the closest we've been to CoH3 so far though, and they're obviously hyping up something here. The Allied Invasion of Italy is very clearly the focus of this teaser. That theatre has long been requested by fans, as well as North Africa; it's an obvious place to take the series.
That would make Panthers and Elefants possible. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
12 Jul 2021, 20:39 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

12 Jul 2021, 20:42 PM

Fuuu...I'm so excited about this
12 Jul 2021, 20:42 PM

Tbh it might aswell be Italian faction for CoH2 or italian faction+campaing+expansion of coh2 (maybe even proper mod tools).

I mean, CoH2 recently was ported to x64 version, coh2 recently got region support, coh2 was moved to the microsoft store.

It sure looks strange making DLC for a 8 years old game, but if you look closely at what support coh2 got just recently, its quite impressive.

Especially considering that it was moved to x64 version. Its not an easy job to do it, I am quite sure they didnt do it just because microsoft asked them to.

Litteraly its 50\50 chances right now. It might aswell be a global DLC or CoH3 announcement.
12 Jul 2021, 20:44 PM

It is 100 percent Italian campaign with US forces. July 13th was the day Hitler ordered the stop to the Kursk campaign to go reinforce Italy
12 Jul 2021, 20:46 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

July is also the month of the first battle of El Alamein, when Rommel smashed and routed the Brits in north Africa before being finally stopped from taking all of Egypt. I wonder if it's a coincidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Battle_of_El_Alamein

12 Jul 2021, 21:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2021, 20:46 PMTobis
July is also the month of the first battle of El Alamein, when Rommel smashed and routed the Brits in north Africa before being finally stopped from taking all of Egypt. I wonder if it's a coincidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Battle_of_El_Alamein

Most likely it is.

Afrika is out of picture anyway. If it would have been whole mediterranean + afrika they would have included part of the afrika on the pic.

But afrika is clearly out of the picture with the emphasis on the Italy and a part of Tunis from which Axis retreated from Afrika and from which Allies latter on launched invasion of Italy.
12 Jul 2021, 21:54 PM

Most likely it is.

Afrika is out of picture anyway. If it would have been whole mediterranean + afrika they would have included part of the afrika on the pic.

But afrika is clearly out of the picture with the emphasis on the Italy and a part of Tunis from which Axis retreated from Afrika and from which Allies latter on launched invasion of Italy.

Africa is largely out of frame, but part of it is in frame, and the newsreels that play intermittently have segments focused entirely on Africa.
12 Jul 2021, 21:56 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

If I had to guess they will start with the Italian campaign and add Rommel and the Brits later. Will be weird when the new factions are suddenly 2 years more out of date.
12 Jul 2021, 22:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2021, 21:56 PMTobis
If I had to guess they will start with the Italian campaign and add Rommel and the Brits later. Will be weird when the new factions are suddenly 2 years more out of date.

They should do the opposite. Would make more sense

Are they really gonna make the Italians the only axis faction at launch?

Would be even better if they launched with 4 factions, added 2 more later
12 Jul 2021, 22:44 PM

Honestly, I do not see how the Italian DLC can fit into the COH2 structure. Unless Relic do not have the resources to make COH3 and it is a stand-alone DLC with its own multiplayer, which is highly unlikely since that would segregate a fairly small user base further.

It seems that it will be COH3. Whats more, I suspect that the sound effects in the background on their Twitch are in-game sounds and they are definitely on the next level to sounds from COH2.

Also, the amount of hype is unparalleled. Relic didnt hype any of their previous DLC to that extent, which is an indicator of something very big.

Lets hope its not a mobile game. Help me RNGesus if thats what it is...
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS