Login

russian armor

Relic Announcement in 24 hours! GTF IN HERE!

PAGES (8)down
Pip
14 Jul 2021, 19:20 PM

I see. All I can say is that Relic is taking this players approach very seriously. I made the case for side armor myself two years ago, with a lot of others backing it up, and they decided to put it into the game as a new major feature. So I expect many issues that have been or will be brought up will be addressed. If you want to see certain things make sure to leave feedback or suggestions on the new CoH-Development forums. With what we've seen so far already in terms of improvements/overhauls (garrisons, side armor, resource system, etc.), I am confident they will tackle (or at least attempt to) as many player grievances as their budget allows.

How exactly does Side Armour work in CoH3, anyway? Is it identically to CoH1 (bad), or is there some special mechanism at work?

Ideally it's based on the angle at which you hit the opposing vehicle, rather than precisely which hitbox it strikes...
14 Jul 2021, 22:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 19:20 PMPip

How exactly does Side Armour work in CoH3, anyway? Is it identically to CoH1 (bad), or is there some special mechanism at work?

Ideally it's based on the angle at which you hit the opposing vehicle, rather than precisely which hitbox it strikes...

But there was no side armor in coh1? The front half of the tank is frontal armor (green), the rear half is rear armor (red). Same story in CoH2.

In CoH3, a 3rd area & value for side armor(yellow) was added

Pip
14 Jul 2021, 22:11 PM

But there was no side armor in coh1? The front half of the tank is frontal armor (green), the rear half is rear armor (red). Same story in CoH2.

In CoH3, a 3rd area & value for side armor(yellow) was added

Wait, really? I've always been under the impression that vehicles had Side Armour values in CoH1, which was removed as a mechanic in 2...

I can't seem to find any information/statistics on this now, though. Maybe I was mistaken?
14 Jul 2021, 22:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 22:11 PMPip

Wait, really? I've always been under the impression that vehicles had Side Armour values in CoH1, which was removed as a mechanic in 2...

I can't seem to find any information/statistics on this now, though. Maybe I was mistaken?

Honestly I am not 100% sure as well, hence I put a questionmark behind my first sentence. I was just ~90% sure because it would have made 0 sense to have that feature in CoH1 and then remove it in 2
15 Jul 2021, 00:38 AM
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight