Login

russian armor

The devs did it again... Buffed B4 into the heaven

PAGES (13)down
17 Jun 2021, 09:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2021, 05:48 AMShimizu
Just got absolutely obliterated by the B4 in a 4v4. We were doing well in the early game but once the B4 was out it was a slow and agonizing bleed of squads and manpower. Made it impossible to keep a forward reinforce point or OKW truck alive. None of us had a large off map call in like a stuka bomb though because we were unprepared by how strong the B4 was. I think something definitely needs to be done to nerf it, as it stands its just an ML20 that shoots nukes. Maybe turn it into an anti tank weapon?

Yup. Same as how you play vs LeFH without callins. Nothing new. B4 is now much more consistent, so you'll need to kill it instead of letting it sit there. Before the patch, the B4 was a hit or miss scenario. Nothing in between (and mostly it missed).
This is exactly the same scenario as non-countered LeFH. Either get a callin or suffer
17 Jun 2021, 09:35 AM

Reworked b4 is toxic and I even provided the evidence why. Instead of high effort very RNG dependent wiping machine, they made it into a low effort, low RNG wiping machine.

I'm glad that balance team listened to a lot of suggestions, but...I just hope it will be fixed soon.
17 Jun 2021, 09:53 AM

Reworked b4 is toxic and I even provided the evidence why. Instead of high effort very RNG dependent wiping machine, they made it into a low effort, low RNG wiping machine.

I'm glad that balance team listened to a lot of suggestions, but...I just hope it will be fixed soon.

Lol @that. Have you ever played allies vs LefH? This is a low effort wiping machine as well, maybe now you get what a lot of people here were talking about. It is even more ridiculous as it has that stupid counter barrage ability, where the already low effort gets lowered even more and you have to do nothing but wait and see how the enemy artillery gets auto-destroyed :D
MMX
17 Jun 2021, 10:36 AM

The new B-4 is certainly more deadly vs infantry in situations where you can't just move out of harms way fast enough after the 1st shot (i.e. when fired onto a FRP or inside the base sector).

That being said, the performance against vehicles is much worse now, especially since the increase of the near AoE distance to 2 m in one of the later beta iterations has apparently been scrapped for the final patch. That means, outside of very rare direct hits the new B-4 will probably deal even less damage vs tanks per barrage than the ML-20, so there's definitely a trade-off.

Furthermore, the far AoE damage was also lowered compared to the beta version so that it falls below the 40 HP threshold, as suggested in the beta feedback thread. As a result, the B-4 will no longer two-shot any infantry models unlucky enough to even just scratch the outermost region of the AoE blast twice, which would have been absolutely lethal for barrages into the base sector.

All in all I'd say the changes look good on paper at least, but I'll reserve my final judgement until I've seen more in-game footage.
17 Jun 2021, 14:08 PM

would it be so bad to turn the B4 into a pak43 clone with a vet1 single shot barrage ability that does 640 damage???
You know just food for thought.
17 Jun 2021, 14:56 PM

For once, Ullumulu is 100% correct. What they did to the B4 is a disgrace. Megabuffed it so much.
17 Jun 2021, 14:58 PM

I was on the receiving end of the B4 in a 2on2, that thing spells doom now. Love it? Hate it? too early to say.
17 Jun 2021, 16:18 PM

My ears are still ringing from the barrages I got from Vipper last game (3v3) despite breaking his teammate's neck. Infantry are less likely to get one shotted but you'll still be forced to retreat even on near misses, lest your suppressed & injured men get hit with the followup. Even a slightly forward OKW HQ is a thing of the past against the Tank Hunter commander and no chance at all of dives in the face of AT nade volleys.

Perhaps others will say the situation is okay but I stand by the earlier statement that it is far worse than the old CB LEFH ever was.
17 Jun 2021, 16:20 PM

Ah yes, the subtle and nuanced feedback this balance forum deserves. Patch is barely out for a day and kneejerk doomsday "this was overbuffed" thread. Don't get me wrong I have my concerns too - briefly testing it I feel like the scatter is pretty tight for smaller maps but maybe play more than one game against it before posting a thread?
17 Jun 2021, 16:53 PM

My ears are still ringing from the barrages I got from Vipper last game (3v3) despite breaking his teammate's neck. Infantry are less likely to get one shotted but you'll still be forced to retreat even on near misses, lest your suppressed & injured men get hit with the followup. Even a slightly forward OKW HQ is a thing of the past against the Tank Hunter commander and no chance at all of dives in the face of AT nade volleys.

Perhaps others will say the situation is okay but I stand by the earlier statement that it is far worse than the old CB LEFH ever was.

My apologies but I need to test things :), but maybe it was not me since according to some I only play axis :).

Tank hunter commander got 3 separate buffs with CP1 PTRS, Bunker and B4.
17 Jun 2021, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2021, 16:53 PMVipper

My apologies but I need to test things :), but maybe it was not me since according to some I only play axis :).

Tank hunter commander got 3 separate buffs with CP1 PTRS, Bunker and B4.
they also got there invis t76 bug nerfed lol. but that commander has always been a little weak and boring now its fun. im glad they added 203 to it now its a real tank hunter commander. would be nice if they had something like a heavy tank mine instead of light tank mine
17 Jun 2021, 20:52 PM

It's definitely overbuffed IMO. But give it a rest about CB lol. Not even sure what that has to do with this. They are/were problems for completely different reasons
17 Jun 2021, 21:05 PM

I don't see B4 as overbuffed ATM. Played 3 games today, one with USF (partner went for B4, didn't get a lot of kills) in ranked and two casual games. One with Soviets and one with OKW. Funny thing is that in both of those games there were B4s (multiple). I made one as soviets and played against two as OKW. It's a bit toxic. No doubt. Fucker wiped 3 of my squads with a nice scatter (first and second shell after I tried dodging frontally). Still, having played against it and with it.... maybe a bit too reliable atm. Definitely worse vs tanks but much more potent vs infantry
17 Jun 2021, 21:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2021, 09:53 AMredfox

Lol @that. Have you ever played allies vs LefH? This is a low effort wiping machine as well, maybe now you get what a lot of people here were talking about. It is even more ridiculous as it has that stupid counter barrage ability, where the already low effort gets lowered even more and you have to do nothing but wait and see how the enemy artillery gets auto-destroyed :D

Why do you ask off topic questions? Is it really that necessary to go into whataboutism to dismiss someone's opinion?
17 Jun 2021, 21:47 PM

Why do you ask off topic questions? Is it really that necessary to go into whataboutism to dismiss someone's opinion?

+1
17 Jun 2021, 22:23 PM

would it be so bad to turn the B4 into a pak43 clone with a vet1 single shot barrage ability that does 640 damage???
You know just food for thought.

Would make sense but balance team lacks logic and foresight and does these wild ass changes every patch that make no sense. The game has become more imbalanced since they started and they should be renamed the Imbalance Team.

Soviets already have the ML-20 they did not need another competing artillery piece. Granted I am sure we could all agree that the previous B4 needed buffs but rather than a straight up power buff it could have been given a utility buff by turning into a Pak 43 clone. The previous B4 vet ability gave it the ability to be a Pak 43 for like 2 seconds so it was trash and hurt the unit overall as the only real use it had was the RNG Meme gun.

By Fixing that it would have still been a buff without the never ending barrage of nuclear strikes.
17 Jun 2021, 23:05 PM

Would make sense but balance team lacks logic and foresight and does these wild ass changes every patch that make no sense. The game has become more imbalanced since they started and they should be renamed the Imbalance Team.

Can we stop bushing the MOD team?

One might or might not agree with them but their work should be appreciated.

If only one see how many QOL and bug fixes they have it more than enough.
17 Jun 2021, 23:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2021, 23:05 PMVipper

Can we stop bushing the MOD team?

One might or might not agree with them but their work should be appreciated.

If only one see how many QOL and bug fixes they have it more than enough.

There is no need to beat around the bush. If something is trash then its trash and I will call it out like it is. The fact is the game has gotten worse since they started. That is my opinion and I am allowed to voice it just like how you are allowed to make thousands of posts crying that every allied unit is OP and needs to get nerfed.

To my knowledge they do not get paid for the work they do and I appreciate that they are working for free however if they are going to fill in the shoes of a multi million dollar company (Relic) and do the work for them then I expect them to be able to do equal if not better work than what Relic can do. Especially since there are mods on the Steam Workshop that do better and have unique ideas that actually improve the experience such as the USF base redesign instead of consistently making the game worse with each patch.

Just because they made some maps and did a good job with those maps does not mean they would make great balance designers which is evident with how they change random things that no one complains about out of left field with zero discussion on the topic.

18 Jun 2021, 00:15 AM

just used a lefh vs 2 b4s and i killed them both. guy made another he end up having 35 inf kills 1 tank kill i had 97 inf kills and 7 vehicle kills. lefh seems more reliable. the b4 kill a squad or 2 but i killed stuff every barrage and base killing from far was amazing with lefh
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS