Login

russian armor

ITT: we list lost features lost due to 64bit patch.

6 Jun 2021, 17:49 PM

1.) Red build indicators; there used to be build indicators even if you weren't able to build something. You could still see the building

2.) Exiting buildings with facing movements; I remember being able to leave buildings with facing movements as well as regular movements. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that you used to be able to.

3.) Vehicle pathing; I can't explain it, but something about the pathing feels way way worse than from before 64bit version.

Feel free to add your own.
Pip
6 Jun 2021, 18:31 PM

Relic are just a small indie company, Clearly you're asking too much.
6 Jun 2021, 18:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2021, 18:31 PMPip

I'm not asking for anything besides a list of features lost because of the 64bit patch.
6 Jun 2021, 19:46 PM

Most important of all: Observer mode for custom games
6 Jun 2021, 23:40 PM

I have not noticed any change in vehicle pathing. It's always been questionable.
7 Jun 2021, 02:04 AM

That would be insulting to small indie companies.

I have not noticed any change in vehicle pathing. It's always been questionable.

The pathing in general in COH 2 is hot garbage compared to COH 1. Don't you love when your vehicle spins around in circles instead of reversing.

7 Jun 2021, 08:02 AM

There used to be white dots that indicate the path of the vehicles on the real world. it happens sometimes, i wonder if this feature is map dependent? this game is riddled with so many bugs and inconsistencies
MMX
7 Jun 2021, 08:25 AM

The pathing in general in COH 2 is hot garbage compared to COH 1. Don't you love when your vehicle spins around in circles instead of reversing.

not to say there couldn't be any further improvements made to coh2's pathing, but it appears you're looking at coh1 through rose-tinted glasses in this respect.
for all i remember pathing was just as bad back then as it is now (if not worse), with the added bonus of not having a dedicated reverse. you always had to pray your tank doesn't do a 180 while reversing through perfectly level terrain in the most inconvenient moment; thank god at least this is a thing of the past.
7 Jun 2021, 16:25 PM

Sorry, but that is not correct. It is not a small studio.

Relic Entertainment Overview

www.relic.com
Headquarters:
Vancouver, Canada
Size:
201 to 500 Employees
Founded:
Type:
Company - Private
Industry:
Video Games
Revenue:
Unknown / Non-Applicable

https://www.relic.com/#slider
Pip
7 Jun 2021, 16:36 PM

I'm not asking for anything besides a list of features lost because of the 64bit patch.

That would be insulting to small indie companies.

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2021, 16:25 PMLeodot
Sorry, but that is not correct. It is not a small studio.

Yes, this was supposed to be the joke.
7 Jun 2021, 17:28 PM

I didn't really notice a difference in pathing between the 32 bit and 64 bit versions
7 Jun 2021, 17:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

A small indie company probable has way more employees assigned to their projects than what COH has received during the last 5 years.

With time, you get used to it. At least they are still developing AAA games and didn't jumpwagon towards mobile games like a certain "storm" company.
7 Jun 2021, 18:41 PM

If it's feasible with the programming I do wish they would take time to fix the red build indicators- that I feel actually affects my gameplay experience when I'm trying to build things at hectic moments.
7 Jun 2021, 20:50 PM

If it's feasible with the programming I do wish they would take time to fix the red build indicators- that I feel actually affects my gameplay experience when I'm trying to build things at hectic moments.

+1
8 Jun 2021, 01:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2021, 08:25 AMMMX
not to say there couldn't be any further improvements made to coh2's pathing, but it appears you're looking at coh1 through rose-tinted glasses in this respect.
for all i remember pathing was just as bad back then as it is now (if not worse), with the added bonus of not having a dedicated reverse. you always had to pray your tank doesn't do a 180 while reversing through perfectly level terrain in the most inconvenient moment; thank god at least this is a thing of the past.

Yeah I think a lot of people misremember how well CoH1's pathing was. I think one reason for this is CoH1 vehicles had extremely high rotation speed compared to CoH2, and it wasn't effected by engine damage criticals. It's easier to forget that vehicles always had a tendency to start rotating in place when back then it did so twice as quickly.
8 Jun 2021, 09:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2021, 08:25 AMMMX

I played COH 1 more than I did COH 2. The Pathing was superior but it was more work as you had to click directly behind the vehicle numerous times but the pathing worked as expected if you did that. If you clicked far back the pathing would act retarded and would cause the tank to spin. Also putting tanks in a group (CTRL + 1 for example) worked better. In COH 2 it feels like I am a pianist as I have to have all my tanks hotkeyed and manually control each one to get the behavior I expect out of my vehicles. I would take rapid clicking over that any day so COH 1 wins in that regard though not perfect definitely way better.

They created the Reverse button in COH 2 specifically to make the rapid clicking required for Reverse easier on less skilled players however it didn't work as advertised. One way they could improve pathing in COH 2 is to make Capture Points on the map not interfere with pathing. Its a simple change really that would go a long way to improving the game. However it seems small things are too much for Relic to handle (such as an option for Detailed/Advanced Tooltips)

Took like 15 seconds to do that myself, (would obviously take longer to do the whole game but a day worth of work at most) why can't Relic do it I have no clue.

8 Jun 2021, 13:40 PM

about pathing, somehow LV behevior is weird now, it rather move forward little before actually back pedal....
MMX
8 Jun 2021, 14:03 PM

I played COH 1 more than I did COH 2. The Pathing was superior but it was more work as you had to click directly behind the vehicle numerous times but the pathing worked as expected if you did that. If you clicked far back the pathing would act retarded and would cause the tank to spin. Also putting tanks in a group (CTRL + 1 for example) worked better. In COH 2 it feels like I am a pianist as I have to have all my tanks hotkeyed and manually control each one to get the behavior I expect out of my vehicles. I would take rapid clicking over that any day so COH 1 wins in that regard though not perfect definitely way better.

They created the Reverse button in COH 2 specifically to make the rapid clicking required for Reverse easier on less skilled players however it didn't work as advertised. One way they could improve pathing in COH 2 is to make Capture Points on the map not interfere with pathing. Its a simple change really that would go a long way to improving the game. However it seems small things are too much for Relic to handle (such as an option for Detailed/Advanced Tooltips)

Took like 15 seconds to do that myself, (would obviously take longer to do the whole game but a day worth of work at most) why can't Relic do it I have no clue.

ah yes, i do remember those times. some people actually had shift click spam macros on a mouse button in order to be able to draw a reverse path, but this wasn't 100% fail safe either. a tiny bit too small of a curve radius and the tank would get stuck doing pirouettes...

i totally agree that the victory/resource points should be made passable by vehicles to improve the pathing behavior. in fact, i vaguely remember something like this has already been tried (or at least discussed) in one of the preview mods, but i'm not sure what has come out of this. would be nice if it could be revisited for sure.

your advanced tool tips look really awesome btw! do these work in automatch as well (like the numerical veterancy description mod)?
8 Jun 2021, 14:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2021, 14:03 PMMMX
your advanced tool tips look really awesome btw! do these work in automatch as well (like the numerical veterancy description mod)?

The description texts are normal loc strings like everything else. They should work in automatch unless Relic changed their policy on changes to this text file.
8 Jun 2021, 14:40 PM

1.) Red build indicators; there used to be build indicators even if you weren't able to build something. You could still see the building

2.) Exiting buildings with facing movements; I remember being able to leave buildings with facing movements as well as regular movements. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that you used to be able to.

3.) Vehicle pathing; I can't explain it, but something about the pathing feels way way worse than from before 64bit version.

Feel free to add your own.

Adding to your list; the vast number of intel bulletins with no out-put strings (or the wrong ones) and how little the others matter.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★