Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - Ostheer Feedback

PAGES (49)down
4 May 2021, 11:56 AM

Unless you played a modded version, that feature has only been present in the OKW sweeper.

And AA campaign rangers.
4 May 2021, 12:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

And AA campaign rangers.

If we open that can of worms, i'm not sure what's in the Soviet, USF or TOW missions.
4 May 2021, 12:05 PM

Unless you played a modded version, that feature has only been present in the OKW sweeper.

Fine I could be wrong but about the suggestion. Shcreck Stormtrooper aren't all that use full.
4 May 2021, 12:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Fine I could be wrong but about the suggestion. Shcreck Stormtrooper aren't all that use full.

I would prefer if the unit was improved utility wise when they upgrade with AT rather than letting them tow their PS.
4 May 2021, 13:14 PM

1) Please let Pioneers be able to destroy cover like Sapper

2) Please lower the flare cost for the 251 MOP to 30, make it the same range and visibility as Soviet' Motar Flare

4 May 2021, 17:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2021, 13:14 PMKyle
1) Please let Pioneers be able to destroy cover like Sapper

2) Please lower the flare cost for the 251 MOP to 30, make it the same range and visibility as Soviet' Motar Flare

For #1 I wouldn't be opposed to adding Breakthrough Equipment to a second commander somewhere. It's a neat ability for players who want to do certain builds or utilize certain map quirks.

2) Doesn't the MOP already have better flares (I thought it was the same as Spec Ops flares). It might be cool if Vet 2 or 3 increased the flare range so you have more of a reason to utilize shared Vet.
4 May 2021, 18:28 PM

I think that G43 gren is in a good place now with that rec. acc. bonus.
But why Ass grens are having their sprint removed?
4 May 2021, 18:47 PM

Dude, calm down for Christ's sake.

. . .

I understand that you don't play the game and everything and you only come out of your hole to troll every day but even I would expect you to have the common capabilities of reading and comprehending the English language and if so you would have known by now that I said what I already repeated to the other fellows before.

Now if you would excuse me I have better things to do than argue with someone living in his mother's basement and pretending like he's on a life long vacation from work.

I think it is you that needs to calm down sir. El Chino didn't say anything ridiculous or flame you or anything, he explained why that unit will never make it into live, even if its priced like obers(which still would be no where near balanced but hey, gold star for trying)
4 May 2021, 19:17 PM

If we open that can of worms, i'm not sure what's in the Soviet, USF or TOW missions.

Pretty much only full auto PTRS guards and ZiS-6 trucks being transports with 6 or 8 spots to shoot from.
4 May 2021, 21:34 PM

Give Assgrens the smoke grenade after upgrading to Battle Phase 1

That would be something. Reminds me of Wehr version of shock troops then but with sprint instead of body armour. Im guessing this would be OP though since they can be called in at the start of a match

Lol, no. Pgren stg is crazy good weapon. It is so good, that some players don't even bother picking up BARs with PGrens, unless they want to deny the weapon. I assume it may even make grens better then previous OP iteration of VSL. Balance team gave VSL volk's STG instead of G43 for a reason.

I don't mind the change to a sturmgewehr either I dont think that's what the problem is as well. It's the other nerf they got that is the issue

5 May 2021, 04:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2021, 21:34 PMLewka

That would be something. Reminds me of Wehr version of shock troops then but with sprint instead of body armour. Im guessing this would be OP though since they can be called in at the start of a match

There isn't too much difference between vet3 shocks and vet3 6 man ass grens.
Ass grens have around 10% lower dps and around 11% lower defenses (shocks have 66% to be dealt damage with 83% chance to be hit which is around 44.4% to avoid damage, while 6 man ass grens have 40% chance to avoid damage)
5 May 2021, 11:40 AM

Von might be trolling us :)
5 May 2021, 12:20 PM

For #1 I wouldn't be opposed to adding Breakthrough Equipment to a second commander somewhere. It's a neat ability for players who want to do certain builds or utilize certain map quirks.

2) Doesn't the MOP already have better flares (I thought it was the same as Spec Ops flares). It might be cool if Vet 2 or 3 increased the flare range so you have more of a reason to utilize shared Vet.

1) Thanks! Ostheer is a faction that in dying need of line of sight and long range combat, having the Breakthrough Equipment to another commander/passive unlock ability would be so much better consider this unit cannot laydown demo like Engineer / having both Sweeper + Bazooka like RE / Having Sweeper + PanzerSherck like SturmPio / Having both Sweeper + pick up PIAT.

2) Right now if I'm correct then MOP will be only in 2 doctrine: Doctrine with Tiger Ace and Elefant.

MOP in the Elefant doctrine already got recon plane which cost 10 more but can reveal enemy unit... I rather have the MOP flare to be the same as Soviet's Mortar Flare :(.
5 May 2021, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2021, 12:20 PMKyle

1) Thanks! Ostheer is a faction that in dying need of line of sight and long range combat, having the Breakthrough Equipment to another commander/passive unlock ability would be so much better consider this unit cannot laydown demo like Engineer / having both Sweeper + Bazooka like RE / Having Sweeper + PanzerSherck like SturmPio / Having both Sweeper + pick up PIAT.

2) Right now if I'm correct then MOP will be only in 2 doctrine: Doctrine with Tiger Ace and Elefant.

MOP in the Elefant doctrine already got recon plane which cost 10 more but can reveal enemy unit... I rather have the MOP flare to be the same as Soviet's Mortar Flare :(.

MOB is in 3, Mobile Defense Doctrine also has it.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/108342/commander-patch-2021-line-up
5 May 2021, 12:59 PM

@Zero that is good to know. Thank you. I was not aware of these stats
5 May 2021, 13:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

There isn't too much difference between vet3 shocks and vet3 6 man ass grens.
Ass grens have around 10% lower dps and around 11% lower defenses (shocks have 66% to be dealt damage with 83% chance to be hit which is around 44.4% to avoid damage, while 6 man ass grens have 40% chance to avoid damage)

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2021, 12:59 PMLewka
@Zero that is good to know. Thank you. I was not aware of these stats

Shock troops have about 14% better EHP and DPS on close range, they are a decent bit better in raw combat. Assault grenadiers have (my opinion) the better nade though and also bleed you a tiny bit less.

And on a small side note: Some weapons like HMGs and LMGs have increased penetration. Depending on your opponent, the Shock troop armor is worth less than calculated in a "standard" formula.
5 May 2021, 13:38 PM

Shock troops have about 14% better EHP and DPS on close range, they are a decent bit better in raw combat. Assault grenadiers have (my opinion) the better nade though and also bleed you a tiny bit less.

And on a small side note: Some weapons like HMGs and LMGs have increased penetration. Depending on your opponent, the Shock troop armor is worth less than calculated in a "standard" formula.

Yeah, but with LMGs you generally fight shocks at far range with pen of 1, which is the same as other small arms. HMGs on the other hand care a little bit more that none at all about their armor, especially hmg42.
5 May 2021, 13:54 PM

These stats are good to know especially if I am in a situation where certain units need to fight shocks.

Also for the life of me, I can't seem to use Osttruppen effectively without supporting them with at least one Grenadier squad. I also think the fact both units can upgrade to the lmg42 synergies well together. Then replace losses with Panzergren
5 May 2021, 15:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yeah, but with LMGs you generally fight shocks at far range with pen of 1, which is the same as other small arms. HMGs on the other hand care a little bit more that none at all about their armor, especially hmg42.

At exactly range 35 it has 1 penetration, but no fight is fought at perfectly long range. It goes up to 1.1 at range 28, which is still a good range for the LMG42.
An LMG at range 28 shooting at "normal" infantry has a DPS of 8.9. When shooting Shocks, the DPS goes down to 6.5 as opposed to 5.9 when just applying the armor and not caring about penetration. In general, the LMG drops "only" to about 75-77% damage instead of the expected 67%. This is obviously only the LMG and not the other 3 dudes with their Kars, so I assume the overall benefit of the penetration increase is a couple of percent.
PAGES (49)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS