Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - Ostheer Feedback

PAGES (49)down
1 Apr 2021, 10:09 AM

I tested the Tiger and I'm not impressed by the vet2 "buff". There is really not much of a difference. The unit needs to be better at vet0 to justify the cost and not a little bit better at vet2. If the Tiger can't fight off reliably infantry then it's not worth getting. And please keep in mind that Ostheer has 22 commanders and 6 of them are Tiger doctrines. There is no other faction where the generalist heavy tank plays such a vital role.
1 Apr 2021, 10:22 AM

Stug-III Ausf. G Assault Gun attack range should increase to 60 ,because the ally anti-tank tank all have 60 range,Ost cant attack back except elephant.
1 Apr 2021, 10:27 AM

Stug-III Ausf. G Assault Gun attack range should increase to 60 ,because the ally anti-tank tank all have 60 range,Ost cant attack back except elephant.

Create a new thread for that then, this is about Ostheer commanders feedback?
1 Apr 2021, 10:54 AM

I haven't tested it yet but I am a bit worried about the G43 upgrade for Grens being the reincarnation of 5-man Grens just without the Rifle nade and free medkits, especially if they still have 2 weapon slots on top of the G43's. I would have liked to see the squad maybe receive a 3rd G43 and increase the cost to 60 maybe 65 munitions instead. G43's Grens should be be squishy imo because they are really good on the move.

I think its fine, they still have 4 entities, can't burst model down in a single volley and they wouldn't be first 4 man squad with 0.8 rec acc, so this might be the change that revitalises the upgrade.
1 Apr 2021, 11:01 AM

Overall nice changes, tho the sudden drop of LefH count is indeed a bit alarming.

Also, while the Jaeger Command Squad is a very cool unit (absolutely worth the 300 mp) I don't see what new it can provide in the Storm doctrine. I mean its two distinctive abilities are flare recon and smoke nades, however Storm doctrine already has these in the form of the smoke drop plane. In the Jaeger infantry doctrine recon and smoke is needed and the flare can synergise well with the stuka loiter.
Lately I was getting into using riegels more. Also Storm happens to be a very good pick for team games where having a 251 HT ain't that rare, so, I for one, will miss that underrated mine.

Use pak40s, they have 60 range. Stug is there as a cheap TD option for medium range encounters.
1 Apr 2021, 11:07 AM

Allies also don't have 50 range, 960 health, 260 armor, very mobile anti tank vehicle with limited AI and AA capabilities.
Ost will never get 60 range TD and if you REALLY need it, great news! Use new self sufficient hulldown to achieve just that.
1 Apr 2021, 11:29 AM

Overall nice changes, tho the sudden drop of LefH count is indeed a bit alarming.

It's one of the only good changes in this preview. Less heavy artillery overall means a much better game.
1 Apr 2021, 12:21 PM

The stug is not supposed to counter TD's that's why it has 50 range.
1 Apr 2021, 12:26 PM

Allies also don't have 50 range, 960 health, 260 armor, very mobile anti tank vehicle with limited AI and AA capabilities.
Ost will never get 60 range TD and if you REALLY need it, great news! Use new self sufficient hulldown to achieve just that.

What about OKW and there 50 range 260 armor very mobile AT vehicle that still has a 60 range 200+ armor 800 hp 60 range TD with an option call in a 500+ armor 1200+ hp 70 range TD with Anti Infantry capability.
1 Apr 2021, 13:00 PM

What about OKW and there 50 range 260 armor very mobile AT vehicle that still has a 60 range 200+ armor 800 hp 60 range TD with an option call in a 500+ armor 1200+ hp 70 range TD with Anti Infantry capability.

What about it?
OKW is not ost.
1 Apr 2021, 13:05 PM

What about it?
OKW is not ost.

Yeah, but your point was Because of the Panther and I'm saying your wrong.
1 Apr 2021, 13:06 PM
Strategist Badge

Mobile defence Puma should be 4 CP
1 Apr 2021, 13:09 PM

Yeah, but your point was Because of the Panther and I'm saying your wrong.

In the context of OST.
I have SPECIFICALLY mentioned OST because this is OST feedback about OST faction.
OKW could NOT be any more irrelevant to what OST has.
OKW, may it be a massive mind blown moment, is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT faction with COMPLETELY DIFFERENT units behind that panther, making it COMPLETELY DIFFERENT dynamic then that of OST.

Was I clear enough, or should I get a sheet of paper and crayons and we'll try again?
1 Apr 2021, 14:20 PM

I have nothing but praise for these changes and I'm dumbstruck with them. I literally thought balance team was just bunch of bitter middle aged USF mains trying to keep us ostheer players down until this patch. I presume that the new community manager John_TR also has some part in this progress but alas, I do not wanna risk taking any credit away from balance team in this situation.

How could you possibly every think that when almost every balance team member plays together in their clique and they main okw 3v3 lmao?
MMX
1 Apr 2021, 14:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2021, 00:23 AMVipper

Panzer IV Ausf. J

The unit is almost a vet 2 PzIV and does not really bring much to the table, redesign the unit to be closer to 76MM sherman with lower AI but better higher penetration so it can fight Allied heavy tanks better.

lol what? that thing is easily one of the best medium tanks in the game... high armor, great ai and adequate at to fight most allied tanks head on. if you want to engage heavies then a panther is obviously the better choice, but for anything else the pziv j is the best ostheer has to offer.
1 Apr 2021, 14:51 PM

Ost P4J vet also never got fixed.

It vets faster than a stock P4.
1 Apr 2021, 15:38 PM

command p4 seems too extreme. will be quite a handful in 4v4 games.

i will just keep the cp removal, keep the blitz, and decrease the vet requirements, and on vet1, main gun gets better AI. maybe a pintle upgrade too.

does tiger ace get the weapon scatter vet too?
1 Apr 2021, 16:04 PM

The airburst ability on lefh is garbage normal barrage is way better

command p4 if change to mark target is strong would help the ostheer t3
lab is mediocore

Strategic Bombing Run only will be used versus sim city and had no other uses whatsoever.

Close Air support should get some changes for better or for worse.
PAGES (49)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS