Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - British Feedback

PAGES (26)down
8 Apr 2021, 20:27 PM

You theoretically can equip Commandos with PIATs, but it's a massive waste of resources on a squad which is primarily for anti-infantry.

Yet you say is "terrible idea" "Big no." although there are already in the game.

I do not see what would be the difference in your opinion about Piat commandos and the current commandos equipped with Piats.
8 Apr 2021, 21:31 PM

If there's no adjustment to them beyond making the current Commandos with PIATs a separate squad, then what's the point to begin with?
8 Apr 2021, 21:36 PM

If there's no adjustment to them beyond making the current Commandos with PIATs a separate squad, then what's the point to begin with?

To nerf commandos obviously.

Apparently what's available stock now is needed, but in weaker form and doctrinally in some people minds.
8 Apr 2021, 21:54 PM

read post 131 and you will see the differences in implementation.

That still does not explain why something that is already in the game is considered by you "a terrible idea" and "big no" when I suggest it.
8 Apr 2021, 22:21 PM

Did commandos lost the ability to pick up piats from racks over last 24 hours?
8 Apr 2021, 22:24 PM

Did commandos lost the ability to pick up brens from racks over last 24 hours?

Didn't you claim that Bren commandos was meme unit no none used?

What bren has to do with Piats?

This is feedback thread and I have not intention in following in you pointless arguing.

Bye bye.
8 Apr 2021, 22:27 PM

I did.
Since that time a further zero people have used it.
I clearly meant piats(context of the posts you know), but its late and I'm tired.
My feedback is: Wasting doctrinal slot, because you can't be bothered to walk up to racks yourself if you want to meme is equally horrible idea as it was 2 months ago.
9 Apr 2021, 00:30 AM

Since Commando Regiment is overburdened with expensive munition abilities you could exchange at least one ability with a different Commando Glider drop. This could be either a longer ranged Commando Squad with an optional recon role or an AT based Commando squad. The AT based squad should leave the gilder fully equipped with PIATs. To give them some more uniqueness they could be PIAT experts (similar to AEF Bazooka Elite troops) and have an additional ability like vehicle detection/vehicle button/heat grenade/(placeholder for another AT ability you may think off)... Just some ideas without any thoughts about balance, which has to be considered carefully of course.

9 Apr 2021, 01:18 AM

Since Commando Regiment is overburdened with expensive munition abilities you could exchange at least one ability with a different Commando Glider drop. This could be either a longer ranged Commando Squad with an optional recon role or an AT based Commando squad. The AT based squad should leave the gilder fully equipped with PIATs. To give them some more uniqueness they could be PIAT experts (similar to AEF Bazooka Elite troops) and have an additional ability like vehicle detection/vehicle button/heat grenade/(placeholder for another AT ability you may think off)... Just some ideas without any thoughts about balance, which has to be considered carefully of course.

The problem with Glider insertion is that it takes so long to land that you're never going to use it in the heat of battle unless you want to YOLO the glider into a backlines repairing tank, which I don't think will be very useful. If anything I think some kind AT Infiltration Commando (like current AT Partisans) would be easier to use but it's also kind of clunky to have two separate Commando abilities. I think the cleanest implementation would be to have some new passive "Commando Anti Tank Training" that gives them Elite PIAT passive, maybe the PIAT Upgrade that doesn't require territory, Sticky Heavy Gammon bomb/whatever. Smoke Raid could probably go but I don't think balance team would do it since it's kind of the whole flavor of the doctrine. :)
9 Apr 2021, 11:00 AM

And again, if the intention is creating more elite AT infantry, this time with stealth, I'd rather not see that can of worms opened again. Commandos should stick to their defined AI role.
9 Apr 2021, 11:16 AM

I think it's important that it is the public what kind of player you are, i.e. team games or 1v1, whether you play a lot or not. Otherwise one would not recognize the writer's motives. To me, I haven't actively played 1v1 for a good 1 year. But follow the tournaments and often watch 1v1 games in spectator mode, I know the current metas. In my day I was top 100 with all factions. I still play team games with friends from time to time (4v4) so ​​we're around the top 50. In addition, one should express my thanks to the people from the community who update, patch and balance the game. Since they are not paid for it and they sacrifice free time for it, one should not forget that. Hope my English is not too bad:)

Advanced Emplacements
I see this doctrine as a contradiction to an RTS like COH but it does exist and I am satisfied with the changes.

Lend-Lease
Active Damage Ability goes well with the doctrine along with my M10 proposed change. The M10 should be a rush tank, that means it has hardly any penetration at long range but high damage output. The M10 already has a good standard speed and the ability to do so. The damage should be around 240 (KT damage). However, since the penetration should be so small, it has to come to the side or very close in order to cause damage. So that the tank is not spammed in team games you have to increase the cost to 100 fuel and the popcap to 12 (Guideline). In addition, the tank should have 400 hit points (T70, go down with 3 shoots).

Air Resupply Operation
More flexebility more variations of playstyle.Nice.

Assault
Compared to the other ability (Radio Silence, Valiant Assault, For the Motherland), the buffs are good and the ability is not too expensive.

Assault Section
Yeah why not.

Churchill Crocodile
In line with all other heavys.

Commandos
The changes are acceptable.

Concentrated Fire Operation
slow but strong offmap that you have to react to

Forward HQ
Yeah why not.

Hold the Line
The changes are good and the cost should be okay too.

Improved Fortifications
Not too weak and not too strong.

Land Mattress
Nice too see a slightly mun cost reduce.

M3 Resupply Halftrack
Nice to see that it is no longer possible for teammates to get the weapons, the remaining changes are good.

Raid Section
The raid sections are strong but that comes at the price of not being able to spend a heal. In general, the doctrine is very offensive which is very good because the British are more defensive. This enables another way of playing. It is quite possible that you only build 2 engis plus vickers / carriers and then call 3 raid sections. With this you skip the 5 man upgrade and the weapon slots and can tech up what can be extremely powerful. But since you don't have a heal you either have to build a medic or a command post with and spend a heal there, which is a bit more balanced again. So that you don't cap off the whole map, I would take out the faster cap rate, since the Pios already have this. In addition, a moderate call in timer cooldown of 1 min.

Recovery Sappers
More flexebility more variations of playstyle.Nice.

Tank Hunter Infantry Section
That seems nice.

Vanguard Loiter
The changes are good and you should get something back if you invest in ammunition.

Vickers K Light Machien Gun
Strong Weapon but i think in good spoot. But the weapon should need 2 slots so that it is no longer possible to equip 2 Vickers K.
9 Apr 2021, 16:39 PM

Noob question. Why do British forces, who are supposed to be suffering from man power shortages able to upgrade their mainline Infantry Sections to 5 man squads non-doctrinally? Also they seem to have very good RA and dps output. The dps is understandable and even the RA, but the combination of good RA, dps, and a 5 man upgrade all together I do not understand.
9 Apr 2021, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2021, 16:39 PMLewka
British forces, who are supposed to be suffering from man power shortages

where did this come from i wonder ?
9 Apr 2021, 17:03 PM

where did this come from i wonder ?

I mean it says it directly on the the steam store page about the British forces
9 Apr 2021, 18:28 PM

UKF are quite MP intensive in regards to upgrades and emplacements. They don't get their full upgrades until late game. If you rush it early then you'll be very weak.
9 Apr 2021, 19:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Should salvage values be doubled as all wrecks already start at 50% HP? Or make all wrecks start at 100% HP?

Pip
9 Apr 2021, 19:37 PM

Should salvage values be doubled as all wrecks already start at 50% HP? Or make all wrecks start at 100% HP?

I really don't see any reason they shouldn't start at 100% HP. Reduce their total HP to 50% of what they are now, if you like, but I really don't see any reason for them to start off visually at half HP (Especially if there's no way to heal them)
10 Apr 2021, 08:22 AM

Defensive Operations

Nice to see one of my suggestions being tested.

Vickers K

You really need to rethink the Heavy suppers upgrade since 3 weapon (including flamers) and especially 3 vickers K will be OP
10 Apr 2021, 08:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2021, 08:22 AMVipper
Defensive Operations

Nice to see one of my suggestions being tested.

Vickers K

You really need to rethink the Heavy suppers upgrade since 3 weapon (including flamers) and especially 3 vickers K will be OP

People have been suggesting stuff like tank traps, sandbags, trenches, caches and others for the Sappers since AER came out so you're not the first and only one do so.
PAGES (26)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Peru 28
unknown 8
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %