Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - British Feedback

PAGES (26)down
14 Apr 2021, 09:56 AM

Yes Vipper and I share the same points on the issues with current Raid sections. They're literally UKF Riflemen that are arbitrary gated at CP1 but allow Brits to completely replace IS. Vipper and I literally outlined that current Raid section contradicts what the balance team wants.

A less aggressive Assault Section.

Here, let me say again what the problems are with the current idea and why:

- No cover bonus, but still have Lee Enfields that excel in long range but not good in close, something that IS and Sniper already fill the niche in the faction.
- In THE SAME DOCTRINE AS COMMANDOS
- Automatic unlock of grenades and bolster, allowing stall builds to be absolutely cancer
- Trying to become a UKF version of Riflemen

Now let me give ideas to change it if you still insist on making Raid Sections as is:

- CP0. Literally balance it around minute 0 to save the headache of balancing between different game modes.
- Give M1 Garands or Carbines. Make them excel at close/med range.
- Put them in other doctrines. Seriously Mobile Assault is already extremely good both 1v1 and 4v4. Put them in Tactical Support or Artillery. Remove them from Mobile Assault.

Ok now thats out of the way. Light Infantry version can be made into close range versions and not exclusively long range like others for diversity. You can make them have G43s, stun grenades, etc benefitting a close range squad. Plus I already told how to make them balanced at CP0 and not completely replace IS.

Just try JLI sections. Trust me, it can work.

Yeah it needs to be 0 CP and be balanced around that if its going to be useful in anyway. Anything is better than the current version of Raid Infantry.
14 Apr 2021, 20:43 PM

So I don't play much UKF but there are 3 commanders that the vanguard operation crocodile which is a 1/3 of all the commanders for the faction. What if Tactical Support had it's operation vanguard replaced with a land mattress? According to these stats Tactical Support is practically tied with Advanced Emplacements as the least included commander in loadouts. Giving a land mattress would help give UKF overall more options to get rocket artillery and could be a possible way to improve this otherwise rarely chosen commander.

The problem is the Land Mattess doesnt properly do the job of "rocket artillery". Rocket artillery is a short duration high impact shock tool for punishing infantry and team weapon concentrations, while while the land matress is a zoning tool. The key criteria for such a weapon is burst damage. Its base barrage has too large scatter and rockets too low aoe to consistently bleed units caught in the initial salvos. It effectively acts as a weak howitzer. The WP barrage of the Land Mattress is much closer to proper rocket arti, but lacks the actual bleeding power that lets rocket arti make a comeback, and burns munis to do it. WP is very good for zoning off team weapons. Land mattress is a low mobility zoning machine, not "rocket artillery".

The Croc on the other hand DOES punish blobs and does so aggressively and violently. CP 12 is just really late for such a tool compared to SZF (which should be behind tank tech but isnt) and Katy, which is dirt cheap. The move to CP11 will help.

The Land Matress has its place, but it shares more kinship with the Sexton than the Pwerfer.

It would be nice if it was more wide spread, but its not proper blob punishment.
15 Apr 2021, 01:30 AM

land mattress sucks so bad...i been using this thing non stop its nothing like panzerwerfers or katys
15 Apr 2021, 08:17 AM

Check the typhoon planes from all abilities they seem harder to shoot down than other planes.
15 Apr 2021, 09:51 AM

New suggestion for the emplacement commander, restore 100% of the emplacement cost when it gets tear down with re. The punishment for doing this to often is loosing the veterancy

EDIT: of course bind it to hp pool if it at 90% revert 90% of the cost and so on
15 Apr 2021, 11:46 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sparked from discussion in other thread:

Command vehicle ability should be changed. Currently, the only good unit to use it on is the AEC.

I suggest either to make a Command cromwell OR to change the ability effects.
Current issue is that the ability completely gimps the unit on it, meaning you must put it on a cheap unit. But UKF does only have one LV, and a medium is already "too expensive" to choose.

In line with the British defensive strength, I suggest:
effects on command vehicle:
+50% reload duration
-15% penetration (brings down Cromwell to T34 penetration level)
gains ability to call down base howitzer barrage (range 40-ish)
(maybe: gains some form of target infantry or target vehicle)

effects on nearby infantry:
-10% RA
+EITHER +10% accuracy OR +20% burst duration (this should boost the Vickers and Brens only, thereby emphasizing stationary combat)
+10 sight (potentially only when in cover or stationary)
(maybe in exchange for something else: -20% ability CD)

effects on nearby tanks:
-20% target size
+10 sight when stationary

I doubt that I nailed the proper bonuses. The aim is to make the command vehicle less useful in combat and focus on a supportive role vs infantry, while the aura bonuses emphasize defensive combat with some limited offensive capability.
15 Apr 2021, 11:57 AM

Simply replace the command upgrade with a command Valentine and move victor arty to an officer.
15 Apr 2021, 12:01 PM

Command Vehicle bonuses are so strong, especially for Fireflies, that it's easily worth teching and getting an AEC just for that purpose alone. Two vetted Fireflies with a Command Vehicle AEC is easily the strongest AT force in the game.
15 Apr 2021, 12:01 PM

Command Vehicle bonuses are so strong, especially for Fireflies, that it's easily worth teching and getting an AEC just for that purpose alone.

I do agree with that.
15 Apr 2021, 12:17 PM

The problem with Command Vehicle (as with many other commander abilities) is, that it is not in Royal Artillery Regiment or Mobile Assault Regiment. This two always rank top in loadout with the exception of 1vs1 where Land lease is at first loadout place. Although Command Vehicle can be quite strong if you gather enough fuel to get Command Vehicle and two Fireflies, it is just not enough to compete with the need for indirect fire options at UKF. But I do think it is still the main selling point of Royal Engineer Regiment which has some additional useful abilities and thus ranks between 3 and 5 at loadout rank. Tactical Support Regiment is so bad we don't want to talk about it.
15 Apr 2021, 14:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Command Vehicle bonuses are so strong, especially for Fireflies, that it's easily worth teching and getting an AEC just for that purpose alone. Two vetted Fireflies with a Command Vehicle AEC is easily the strongest AT force in the game.

The upgrade is very strong, but the way it is designed is missing the mark.
Everyone puts it on the AEC. We could just make it an AEC upgrade and maybe add some flavor so that it thematically fits the AEC.

But if it is sold as "put it on any vehicle you like", it should also be viable on at least more than one unit.

It is not a huge issue, but the ability could be better. And since this is possibly one of the last commander overhauls we get, I wanted to leave a comment on that.
15 Apr 2021, 14:16 PM

The upgrade is very strong, but the way it is designed is missing the mark.
Everyone puts it on the AEC. We could just make it an AEC upgrade and maybe add some flavor so that it thematically fits the AEC.

But if it is sold as "put it on any vehicle you like", it should also be viable on at least more than one unit.

It is not a huge issue, but the ability could be better. And since this is possibly one of the last commander overhauls we get, I wanted to leave a comment on that.

Since it is such a huge debuff in RoF it will be alwas put on cheapest possible vehicle. Before AEC it was the UC until that one got kicked out as a target for command vehicle ability.

If the debuff would be somehow less punishing for more expensive tanks, maybe people would use it on other vehicles too. Maybe command vehicle debuff should be in dependence of target vehicle?
15 Apr 2021, 15:10 PM

I would like to add that the Land Mattress needs to be in more commanders than Mobile Assault.

My suggestion is to put in:
- Tactical Support (replace Designate Command Vehicle or Croc)
- Commando (replace Mortar Cover)
15 Apr 2021, 16:54 PM

I would like to add that the Land Mattress needs to be in more commanders than Mobile Assault.

My suggestion is to put in:
- Tactical Support (replace Designate Command Vehicle or Croc)
- Commando (replace Mortar Cover)

land mattress sucks
15 Apr 2021, 17:18 PM

15 Apr 2021, 17:25 PM

That would be gorgeous...
15 Apr 2021, 17:41 PM

Command Croc in Tactical Support is actually pretty stronk. AFAIK it only nerfs the main gun so you get all the flamer goodness on a beefy tank that then buffs it's Firefly bodyguards. Only thing that really holds it back is the cost to get it going and the fact that the commander overall is pretty so-so.
15 Apr 2021, 17:57 PM

I like the idea of Land Mattress being half a Rocket Arty, letting you double up on them.

But the price really kills it. The fuel is cheap, but 350 manpower apiece is brutal. 700/80 for 2 is way outside the price range of any other Rocket Arty.

The Command Aura design is fairly problematic. Vehicles are too valuable to self nerf, regardless of how powerful the army buffs it gives are, so you end up putting it on the cheapest thing available. Given the raw toughness of many British vehicles, a redesign should be considered to put those slabs of health to good use.
15 Apr 2021, 18:01 PM

Command Croc in Tactical Support is actually pretty stronk. AFAIK it only nerfs the main gun so you get all the flamer goodness on a beefy tank

I think it's the other way around. The flamethrower is its primary weapon and that one gets the debuffs. But the flamethrower is not affected as much by them as a regular main gun because it doesn't use accuracy anyway and the reload debuff on it is marginal.
16 Apr 2021, 00:15 AM

The flamethrower debuff is quite noticable, because cooldown between bursts gets doubled and the main reason you get the tank is scorching infantry not as oversized Cromwell.

I'd still say making the AEC a command vehicle is your best bet, besides some rare situations where AI is not your main priority for the Crocodile, but you mostly want it as meatshield for a pair of Fireflies.
PAGES (26)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 27
United Kingdom 145
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %