Login

russian armor

USF Commander Revamp 2021

13 Mar 2021, 08:31 AM

This thread has suggestion for USF commander.

Here is a guide to USF commanders

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/241801/usf-companies#latest
13 Mar 2021, 08:33 AM

feel free to correct error or ommision
13 Mar 2021, 14:27 PM

My wish---

Recon Support Company
Airdropped Combat Group--after have enough CP ,Paratrooper Support Squad can build in HQ
M8 Greyhound---CP to 0,be passive,tech request same as Major(need CP+LT or T2/T3 light armor upgrade)

Rifle Company
Urban Assault Kits---have RM fire grenade and RE flamethrower
Advanced Infantry Equipment---RM could fire flare,and RE could upgrade rifle grenade
Fire UP!---bundle with some ability,or replace by cover to cover

Tactical Support Company
CP 3 M5 Half-track Transport---maybe be passive,and bundle with motar HT or some other light armor

by the way,USF grenade bulletins not work on Ranger grenade
15 Mar 2021, 14:37 PM

My wish---

They are different abilities.
15 Mar 2021, 20:03 PM

My wish---

Ranger nade also has a pretty hefty range on it as default. I think its fine where it is without bulletins.
20 Mar 2021, 11:33 AM

The Sherman Dozer upgrade should be remove from the game.

The ability has many advantage over other call-in tanks:

It makes Sherman tank superior to 105 Dozer tank with less restrictions

It allow the tank to be build with lower fuel

It allow players to upgrade the tank of teammates.
20 Mar 2021, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2021, 11:33 AMVipper

I agree actually, the Bulldozer upgrade functioning as an armor upgrade is silly. It should be purely a utility upgrade (and disable the hull machine gun), or not exist.
20 Mar 2021, 20:28 PM

I agree actually, the Bulldozer upgrade functioning as an armor upgrade is silly. It should be purely a utility upgrade (and disable the hull machine gun), or not exist.

I personally have no problem with an upgrade like the Bulldozer Blade, it just can be balanced around its cost. I do think its not completely illogical that it gives a frontal armour upgrade, since you can hit it. A projectile hitting the Bulldozer blade would loose a lot of force if it goes right through it.

But I do think its somehow confusing especially for new players that there are two different types of Shermans with a Bulldozer blade driving around, while having completely different playstyles. I wouldn't mind to remove the upgrade and put the 105mm in that Companies instead. That way the 105mm would see some more action. That wouldn't be a bad thing.
20 Mar 2021, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2021, 11:33 AMVipper

No one will change that ability becasue usf already struggle in armor departament.
Okw panzer4 have that armor level without doctrine.
That upgrade takes time so its much easier to give someone fresh tank tip- u dont need doctrine for that.

There are more important things than this upgrade like e8 commander
20 Mar 2021, 21:10 PM

No one will change that ability becasue usf already struggle in armor departament.

They simply do not several tournaments have demonstrated that.

Okw panzer4 have that armor level without doctrine.
That upgrade takes time so its much easier to give someone fresh tank tip- u dont need doctrine for that.
There are more important things than this upgrade like e8 commander

I am not sure if you are aware but when some gives some one a vehicle he pays for it. When some one upgrades someone else's vehicle he only pay for the upgrade so there is a difference.

21 Mar 2021, 01:51 AM

The one thing that really annoys me about USF tank roster: You go for a Sherman for AI and/or a Jackson for AT. Pretty every single game, because all other medium tank, TD or heavy tank options exist just at a single Company (5 out of 9 companies don't have any tank options at all). M10 and 76mm should exist as an alternative at multiple Companies at least.

To take this even further: I do think the best option for balancing USF tank roster would be to put M10 or 76mm nondoc in T4 for medium tank battles as a sort of mainline tank. If USF could fight off PZIVs and STuGs with them you even could touch Jackson to give it higher penetration and less ROF for example (making it more focused on heavy tanks instead of owning every axis medium).

But I'm afraid a change like that is out of scope.
26 Mar 2021, 12:24 PM

Airborne Company

General:
An interesting commander that lost some of its appeal with changes to USF tech.

(Can someone pls decide if we the spelling Airborne or Airbourn half the unit abilities use one name the rest the other.)

Suggestions:

Pathfinders
Once more the unit try to be too many things. The unit comes with 2 elite carbine (that should not be available this early) 2 "snipe" carbines that make the have high close DPS even though it supposed to be a "scoped" unit.

Imo the unit should have its XP value increased currently its price and XP value are far apart and the unit gains veterancy very fast.

The unit should have a clear role as support unit, change the weapons/ or weapon profiles to have a mid to far profile and thus behave similar to JLI. (Replace the scoped carbine with springfield_sniper_rifle_mp if possible). Than lower the cost to 240 and the reinforcement cost accordingly.

Replace the passive critical with a timed ability possibly even increasing the range of the scoped weapons so that unit can serve as an antisniper unit.

Beacons now a seperate ability:
The beacons could be used to get add more dept and become closer to the soviet counter part. Add cost of 100-150 MP "Airborne Rally Points" make the detection a timed ability and add the weapons airdrops for HMG/ATG freeing one commander slot. One could experiment adding a timed aura reducing the target size of paras.

Paradrop .50cal M2HB Heavy Machine Gun

Paradrop M1 57mm Anti-Tank Gun
Both abilities moved to beacons.

Paratroopers
A goon unit that could imo use a couple of changes.

LMG:
"Suppressing Fire".
Add icon on portrait to show when it active.

The CD of the ability is simply too low (become even lower with vet 1).
Increase the CD and change the ability and make the ability scale with veterancy instead of getting lower CD.

Change the ability from aimed to timed so that one does not have to waster in clicking one enemy unit.

Possibly make the provide bonuses only when stationary.

Smg:
"Tactical Assault"
Increase the CD and change the ability and make the ability scale with veterancy instead of getting lower CD.

The use of ability imo is not communicated to player effectively (especially having to move to benefit if I remember correctly) while the design of killing unit on retreat paths and is not good for the game. If the ability is changed to provide durability and increase movement speed it will make the easier to use with good results.

P-47 Rocket Strike

The ability is not very consistent.

Possible change could include different accuracy value for left and right rocket to reduce RNG.
or/and
Planes that have HP instead of critical death to reduce RNG.
or/and
Planes become harder to shoot down but suffer "suppression" when under fire form AA
or/and
the addition of 2 extra planes that appear in different timing that do a single pass and are invulnerable so that the ability still does something even in large modes where there are allot AA.

The extra slot could be used for:
Smoke bomb plane
or
a strafing run plane
or
bombing plane
or
if one want to add a fuel ability (due to high mu cost) oen could add "version" of Ostheer "Breakthrough" improving the speed of vehicles for a fuel cost representing armored vehicles rushing to support paras.
26 Mar 2021, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 12:24 PMVipper
Airborne Company

(Can someone pls decide if we the spelling Airborne or Airbourn half the unit abilities use one name the rest the other.)

I'm happy to help. It's simple. Airborne is an adjective, whereas Airbon is an Americanised noun of the adjective. It is used more like a "brand" name within the game context. Technically, everything should be spelt "airborne", but noun liberties exist to make then sound more fancy. There is no "Airbourn".

Hope that helps you!

26 Mar 2021, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 12:24 PMVipper
Replace the passive critical with a timed ability possibly even increasing the range of the scoped weapons so that unit can serve as an antisniper unit

vCoH taught us that a snipe ability for a regular combat squad is a very bad idea.
26 Mar 2021, 14:16 PM

vCoH taught us that a snipe ability for a regular combat squad is a very bad idea.

It does not have to snipe enemy model.

It work the same way as now but being timed instead of passive.

And the idea is to make support/reckon unit and not a "regular combat squad"

Among other things in the current implementation the "critical kill" mechanism is "invisible" with no communication to user for pathfinder, something the mod team does not like.

Even the description is confusing since the say it should be used as long range while the weapons profile is good at sort range.
26 Mar 2021, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 14:16 PMVipper
It does not have to snipe enemy model.

It work the same way as now but being timed instead of passive.

Then that would just be a straight up and severe nerf, that the unit doesn't need.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 14:16 PMVipper
Even the description is confusing since the say it should be used as long range while the weapons profile is good at sort range.

The scoped M1 Garand (pathfinder_m1garand_scope_mp) has an inverted accuracy and 0.1 moving accuracy profile just like the JLI G43. Serealia uses a wrong weapon.

The elite carbines are decent at close to mid range at best because they get only two of them and they're the first ones to go once models start dropping. So no, it's not advisable to use this squad at close range. Stock Grens and Volks beat them at this distance.

The veterancy requirements are a fair point, they are very low.
26 Mar 2021, 16:24 PM

Then that would just be a straight up and severe nerf, that the unit doesn't need.

And that is why it comes with reduction in cost and reinforcement so that instead of "fighting unit" it become reckon/support unit.
In addition this changes:
solves the issues of the invisible critical kill property that is not communicated to user
make the unit difficult to spam since it will drain munition to be effective

The scoped M1 Garand (pathfinder_m1garand_scope_mp) has an inverted accuracy and 0.1 moving accuracy profile just like the JLI G43. Serealia uses a wrong weapon.

That is what I remembered so I also checked weapon profiles, but I did not expect that he got the name wrong...

The elite carbines are decent at close to mid range at best because they get only two of them and they're the first ones to go once models start dropping. So no, it's not advisable to use this squad at close range.

This create the issues of having to types weapons in the same unit with reverse curves in the which is bad design. If the unit is design for long range fight all if weapons should be mid far oriented.

Stock Grens and Volks beat them at this distance.

Not so sure if they Gren/Volk try to close in, the DPS of carbine mid to close is very good so if they Paths do not lose a model early they perform quite good. I have seen them beat approaching SP with some luck. And that bring back to previous issue these different types of weapons should not mix.

The veterancy requirements are a fair point, they are very low.

Nice to see that we agree.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS