Login

russian armor

USF Commander Revamp 2021

26 Mar 2021, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 12:24 PMVipper
Airborne Company

General:
An interesting commander that lost some of its appeal with changes to USF tech.

(Can someone pls decide if we the spelling Airborne or Airbourn half the unit abilities use one name the rest the other.)

Suggestions:

Pathfinders
Once more the unit try to be too many things. The unit comes with 2 elite carbine (that should not be available this early) 2 "snipe" carbines that make the have high close DPS even though it supposed to be a "scoped" unit.

Imo the unit should have its XP value increased currently its price and XP value are far apart and the unit gains veterancy very fast.

The unit should have a clear role as support unit, change the weapons/ or weapon profiles to have a mid to far profile and thus behave similar to JLI. (Replace the scoped carbine with springfield_sniper_rifle_mp if possible). Than lower the cost to 240 and the reinforcement cost accordingly.

Replace the passive critical with a timed ability possibly even increasing the range of the scoped weapons so that unit can serve as an antisniper unit.

Beacons now a seperate ability:
The beacons could be used to get add more dept and become closer to the soviet counter part. Add cost of 100-150 MP "Airborne Rally Points" make the detection a timed ability and add the weapons airdrops for HMG/ATG freeing one commander slot. One could experiment adding a timed aura reducing the target size of paras.

Paradrop .50cal M2HB Heavy Machine Gun

Paradrop M1 57mm Anti-Tank Gun
Both abilities moved to beacons.

Paratroopers
A goon unit that could imo use a couple of changes.

LMG:
"Suppressing Fire".
Add icon on portrait to show when it active.

The CD of the ability is simply too low (become even lower with vet 1).
Increase the CD and change the ability and make the ability scale with veterancy instead of getting lower CD.

Change the ability from aimed to timed so that one does not have to waster in clicking one enemy unit.

Possibly make the provide bonuses only when stationary.

Smg:
"Tactical Assault"
Increase the CD and change the ability and make the ability scale with veterancy instead of getting lower CD.

The use of ability imo is not communicated to player effectively (especially having to move to benefit if I remember correctly) while the design of killing unit on retreat paths and is not good for the game. If the ability is changed to provide durability and increase movement speed it will make the easier to use with good results.

P-47 Rocket Strike

The ability is not very consistent.

Possible change could include different accuracy value for left and right rocket to reduce RNG.
or/and
Planes that have HP instead of critical death to reduce RNG.
or/and
Planes become harder to shoot down but suffer "suppression" when under fire form AA
or/and
the addition of 2 extra planes that appear in different timing that do a single pass and are invulnerable so that the ability still does something even in large modes where there are allot AA.

The extra slot could be used for:
Smoke bomb plane
or
a strafing run plane
or
bombing plane
or
if one want to add a fuel ability (due to high mu cost) oen could add "version" of Ostheer "Breakthrough" improving the speed of vehicles for a fuel cost representing armored vehicles rushing to support paras.

The classic "vipper creates a thread for USF balance changes just to suggest nerfs to everything" post. I missed them during your week long ban.

26 Mar 2021, 18:33 PM

The classic "vipper creates a thread for USF balance changes just to suggest nerfs to everything" post. I missed them during your week long ban.

Because adding an extra ability is actually a nerf according to you.
26 Mar 2021, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 18:33 PMVipper

Yes its the classic bait and switch

"wow look at these shiny new abilities!!!"

*nerfs paras, pfs and some weird ass suggestions for the loiter that cant decide if it wants it to be better or actually more ineffective*

but oh hurray, a smoke drop ability.
26 Mar 2021, 19:17 PM

Yes its the classic bait and switch

"wow look at these shiny new abilities!!!"

This a counter productive approach to a debate.

*nerfs paras, pfs and some weird ass suggestions for the loiter that cant decide if it wants it to be better or actually more ineffective*

but oh hurray, a smoke drop ability.

Paras suppression ability has very low CD that is fact and the change simply bring the ability inline with other infatry abilities.
Changing tactical movement makes the ability less situational and removes the movement penalty requirement to be on move to work.

Making PF cheaper to build/reinforce and giving them long range rifles are all buff.

Beacon all also buff.

The change to loiter all all buff

As for the extra ability there is hole list to choose from.
26 Mar 2021, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 12:24 PMVipper
Airborne Company

General:
An interesting commander that lost some of its appeal with changes to USF tech.

(Can someone pls decide if we the spelling Airborne or Airbourn half the unit abilities use one name the rest the other.)

Suggestions:

Pathfinders
Once more the unit try to be too many things. The unit comes with 2 elite carbine (that should not be available this early) 2 "snipe" carbines that make the have high close DPS even though it supposed to be a "scoped" unit.

Imo the unit should have its XP value increased currently its price and XP value are far apart and the unit gains veterancy very fast.

The unit should have a clear role as support unit, change the weapons/ or weapon profiles to have a mid to far profile and thus behave similar to JLI. (Replace the scoped carbine with springfield_sniper_rifle_mp if possible). Than lower the cost to 240 and the reinforcement cost accordingly.

Replace the passive critical with a timed ability possibly even increasing the range of the scoped weapons so that unit can serve as an antisniper unit.

Beacons now a seperate ability:
The beacons could be used to get add more dept and become closer to the soviet counter part. Add cost of 100-150 MP "Airborne Rally Points" make the detection a timed ability and add the weapons airdrops for HMG/ATG freeing one commander slot. One could experiment adding a timed aura reducing the target size of paras.

Paradrop .50cal M2HB Heavy Machine Gun

Paratroopers
A goon unit that could imo use a couple of changes.

LMG:
"Suppressing Fire".
Add icon on portrait to show when it active.

The CD of the ability is simply too low (become even lower with vet 1).

Change the ability from aimed to timed so that one does not have to waster in clicking one enemy unit.

Possibly make the provide bonuses only when stationary.

Smg:
"Tactical Assault"

The use of ability imo is not communicated to player effectively (especially having to move to benefit if I remember correctly) while the design of killing unit on retreat paths and is not good for the game(lolwat). If the ability is changed to provide durability and increase movement speed it will make the easier to use with good results.

P-47 Rocket Strike

The ability is not very consistent.

Possible change could include different accuracy value for left and right rocket to reduce RNG.
or/and
Planes that have HP instead of critical death to reduce RNG.
or/and
Planes become harder to shoot down but suffer "suppression" when under fire form AA
or/and
the addition of 2 extra planes that appear in different timing that do a single pass and are invulnerable so that the ability still does something even in large modes where there are allot AA.

The extra slot could be used for:
Smoke bomb plane
or
a strafing run plane
or
bombing plane
or
if one want to add a fuel ability (due to high mu cost) oen could add "version" of Ostheer "Breakthrough" improving the speed of vehicles for a fuel cost representing armored vehicles rushing to support paras.

I added bold to your nerf ideas and italicized your buff ideas. Some may be a push.

Lots of bold.
26 Mar 2021, 20:21 PM

I added bold to your nerf ideas and italicized your buff ideas. Some may be a push.

Lots of bold.

And most of your bolts are not actually nerf.

1) that should not be available this early
The carbines are identical to one Rangers and Paras use which are CP3 units so they do come early.
To make thing worse these weapon how low far DPS the range that Pathfinder should use in, changing the weapon with one that is actually long range is an actual buff to their role.

2)Imo the unit should have its XP value increased currently its price and XP value are far apart and the unit gains veterancy very fast.

The squad has lower XP value than most (if not all) sqaud of it price even member of the MOD agree to this

3) Replace the scoped carbine with springfield_sniper_rifle_mp if possible
This is cosmetic change since "carbine" rifles are ill suited for scopes they are not powerful enough to be accurate at long range.

4) Replace the passive critical with a timed ability
see post 20

5) Add cost of 100-150 MP "Airborne Rally Points" make the detection a timed ability
That comes with more durability the ability to drop weapons and possibly timed aura that justify a cost

6)Paradrop .50cal M2HB Heavy Machine Gun

A clear buff opening room for a new ability

7) The CD of the ability is simply too low (become even lower with vet 1).

Check how long is the CD on this ability

8) Change the ability from aimed to timed so that one does not have to waster in clicking one enemy unit.
A clear player friendly improvement not a nerf in anyway

9)Possibly make the provide bonuses only when stationary.
In line with role of defensive ability

10) Increase the CD and change the ability and make the ability scale with veterancy instead of getting lower CD.
Scaling with veterancy is a buff

11) Planes become harder to shoot down but suffer "suppression" when under fire form AA
A clear buff unless RNG Jesus is on you side.

Feel fee to explain why you though that these were nerfs because I do not really see that.
26 Mar 2021, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 20:21 PMVipper

And most of your bolts are not actually nerf.

1) that should not be available this early
The carbines are identical to one Rangers and Paras use which are CP3 units so they do come early.
To make thing worse these weapon how low far DPS the range that Pathfinder should use in, changing the weapon with one that is actually long range is an actual buff to their role.

Youre clearly arguing PFs are too strong, as their weapon they use is too early timed

2)Imo the unit should have its XP value increased currently its price and XP value are far apart and the unit gains veterancy very fast.

The squad has lower XP value than most (if not all) sqaud of it price even member of the MOD agree to this

So its a nerf?

3) Replace the scoped carbine with springfield_sniper_rifle_mp if possible
This is cosmetic change since "carbine" rifles are ill suited for scopes they are not powerful enough to be accurate at long range.

wut

4) Replace the passive critical with a timed ability
see post 20

so its a nerf

5) Add cost of 100-150 MP "Airborne Rally Points" make the detection a timed ability
That comes with more durability the ability to drop weapons and possibly timed aura that justify a cost

adding an MP cost to beacons and changing their passive another clicked ability is a nerf

6)Paradrop .50cal M2HB Heavy Machine Gun

A clear buff opening room for a new ability

Yeah the bait and switch. I dont want to have to drop an MG or atg on my beacon, I perfer the freedom inherent in the ability that exists as it is

7) The CD of the ability is simply too low (become even lower with vet 1).

Check how long is the CD on this ability

So again, its a nerf

8) Change the ability from aimed to timed so that one does not have to waster in clicking one enemy unit.
A clear player friendly improvement not a nerf in anyway

I dont see how changing how the ability works necessary nor how it is a buff

9)Possibly make the provide bonuses only when stationary.
In line with role of defensive ability

again, another nerf you just lie through your teeth about being a buff lol

10) Increase the CD and change the ability and make the ability scale with veterancy instead of getting lower CD.
Scaling with veterancy is a buff

increasing CD is a nerf, a larger one than "scaling with vet"

11) Planes become harder to shoot down but suffer "suppression" when under fire form AA
A clear buff unless RNG Jesus is on you side.

Suffer suppression when under fire, but theyre harder to shoot? Sounds like a superfluous change that doesnt fix the effectiveness but is just another shell game for you.

Feel fee to explain why you though that these were nerfs because I do not really see that.
26 Mar 2021, 20:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 18:33 PMVipper

I just had the BESTEST IDEA EVER!

Lets add an ability to grens to buff them!
You now need to manually click for each rifle to shoot!

If it'll be too weak, despite it being a buff, because its new ability, we can make it into a timed ability, where grens will shoot in regular way at muni cost.

Its a new extra ability.
Its a buff.
26 Mar 2021, 21:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 20:54 PMKatitof

I just had the BESTEST IDEA EVER!

Lets add an ability to grens to buff them!
You now need to manually click for each rifle to shoot!

If it'll be too weak, despite it being a buff, because its new ability, we can make it into a timed ability, where grens will shoot in regular way at muni cost.

Its a new extra ability.
Its a buff.

You analogy is simply of mark.
26 Mar 2021, 21:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 21:12 PMVipper

You analogy is simply of mark.

How?
You want to strip basic functionality of a unit and limit it behind a cooldown and/or cost and are calling it a "buff", because there is now extra button to press on the UI.
26 Mar 2021, 21:29 PM

Youre clearly arguing PFs are too strong, as their weapon they use is too early timed
Is that a nerf?

So its a nerf?

In sense yes but it bringing a unit inline with others unit.

Does not aim at nerfing the unit but making consistent if it proves to effect unit performance over the cost decrease and reinforcement cost further buffs might be added.

When the mod team changed the AOE penetration values of the stuka it was "nerf" but that was not reason behind the change.

wut
Can't really help if you it was not clear what you are saying.

so its a nerf
In a sense yes but that is not the reason it is suggested. It solves a number of issues. Given the it also suggest that far DPS is increased it should balance it out in many cases.

In addition it not a nerf specifically aiming at USF/Pathfinder since I have made similar suggestions for JLI

adding an MP cost to beacons and changing their passive another clicked ability is a nerf

its a balanced change not nerf

Yeah the bait and switch. I dont want to have to drop an MG or atg on my beacon, I perfer the freedom inherent in the ability that exists as it is
The added commander is ability is better that "freedom" but I guess you entitled to your preference.

So again, its a nerf
I am still waiting to tell me how much the CD of the ability is and if in your opinion the value is fine.

I dont see how changing how the ability works necessary nor how it is a buff
Never claimed it was buff, you claimed it was nerf and I do not know why you have included it.

again, another nerf you just lie through your teeth about being a buff lol
Pls avoid insults if you want to have debate they non constructive

increasing CD is a nerf, a larger one than "scaling with vet"
Depend on the cases in many cases one does need to use the ability again so scaling with veterancy might better.

Suffer suppression when under fire, but theyre harder to shoot? Sounds like a superfluous change that doesnt fix the effectiveness but is just another shell game for you.
It might or might not but it not a nerf so I do not knwo why you have included it.

This not a change aiming at chancing USF loiter planes specifically but it should apply to all loiter planes.

In some things you have pointed are not nerf, some thing you have point at are not nerf to USF units, some changes are justified even by members of the mod team and the suggestions includes a number of buff
26 Mar 2021, 21:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 21:21 PMKatitof

How?
You want to strip basic functionality of a unit and limit it behind a cooldown and/or cost and are calling it a "buff", because there is now extra button to press on the UI.

Your analogy is of mark because merging 2 commander abilities into 1 commander abilities has nothing to do adding a munition cost for grenadier to fire the rifles.
27 Mar 2021, 02:04 AM

The ideas of merging mg and atg drop to free up a slot in the form of beacon is very solid. still, if beacon be come an ability, let rm or echelon buil them, too, and if a mp cost is add, the beacon should be more durable.

Also, for Viper, as far as i know, the Springfield sniper rifle weapon profile using mossin nagand animation so i dont think it will go anywhere. So, how about give pfs 4 garand with long rangre profile and an 1x scope rifle upgrade after one officer ? They will be inline with jli.
27 Mar 2021, 06:46 AM

The ideas of merging mg and atg drop to free up a slot in the form of beacon is very solid. still, if beacon be come an ability, let rm or echelon buil them, too, and if a mp cost is add, the beacon should be more durable.

Yes RE should proably be able to build them, and yes with cost they should have more HP/armor

Also, for Viper, as far as i know, the Springfield sniper rifle weapon profile using mossin nagand animation so i dont think it will go anywhere.

So it is probably an unfinished project, too bad because put a scope at carbine does notwork that well in real life.

So, how about give pfs 4 garand with long rangre profile and an 1x scope rifle upgrade after one officer ? They will be inline with jli.

That would allow the user to understand that such feature exist and so the mechanic will stop being "invisible" but in my opinion this feature make balancing the unit difficult since one can not quantify the effect of the critical kills.

Making this types of abilities timed ones has imo several benefits:
Allows the units to become cheaper to buy and maintain so that work better in primary role that is reckon.

Adds decision making to player and thus rewards player that decide to use these abilities at correct time.

Great reduces the chances of critical kill blob becoming broken.

Allow user at the receiving end that his entities might die from critical and may have to retreat earlier.

The same change are recommend for JLI which will have the add bonus of opening they for JLI pop to go down from 8 which is the pop better suited for an elite infatry and not reckon/support unit.

29 Mar 2021, 09:37 AM

Rifle Commander

I would like to see the E8 moved to CP8 requirement and get the normal sherman ability to switch from HE to AP so it becomes a direct upgrade to the Sherman and so it can take advantage of the HVSS suspension. AP rounds works as they currently are and HE will work as similar to a Pz4's normal round without the pen or normal Sherman HE (whichever is worse) but with the bonus of the special HVSS suspension.

For anyone that doesn't know. The E8 is the only tank in the game to have no scatter on the move. Taken from Cruzz's The more you know.

Easy Eight has no scatter penalty on the move so it will be just as effective against infantry with the main gun standing still as moving

Unfortunately the main gun on the E8 has been nerfed to oblivion against infantry. Its current role is more of a hybrid-tank that has many MGs to take on infantry while the main gun is reserved for tanks. The role isn't very defined which is something I would like to change.

With this change, I can see Rifle company commander making a come back with this stronger tank. It would definitely be the strongest anti-infantry tank out especially when compared to other specialized AI tanks such as the Centaur/Flak Panzer/Brumbar/105mm Sherman/M8A1. However I believe the increased cost and doctrine slot makes up for it. Its not very different from higher cost Axis heavies (high cost, good armour, good AI but slow speed).

I can see Rifle Commander being dominating early game if they control both fuel points as the HVSS suspension would make it very good vs anti-tank guns especially moving around them. Locking it behind CP8 (around the time meds come out) balances this somewhat. In team games, CP8 I would say is mid-late game around the 15 minute mark which is near when Pz4 shows up and a bit later would be when Panthers start showing up reducing the E8's window of opportunity for dominance.

If E8 is still too strong when massed, for the next step I suggest limiting the E8 to having only 2 similar to heavy tank limit of 1 and/or no crew dismount like Pershing so it requires RE to repair.

29 Mar 2021, 09:59 AM

For anyone that doesn't know. The E8 is the only tank in the game to have no scatter on the move. Taken from Cruzz's The more you know.

It has been patched and now has scatter although it less than other vehicles.
29 Mar 2021, 20:57 PM

What about giving the E8 240 armor with no changes to the gun. It would a worse panther in terms of AT and range but would have better AI.
29 Mar 2021, 21:03 PM

What about giving the E8 240 armor with no changes to the gun. It would a worse panther in terms of AT and range but would have better AI.

Could give it the exact same armor as the PIVJ (234) for standardization purposes. Also, the tank should be faster, it's got HVSS for fuck's sake.
30 Mar 2021, 03:57 AM

USF

Rifle company rework:
Currently, this doctrine is too thematically close to Infantry Company.
This rework aims to change this doctrine into a doctrine that encourages aggressive use of rifles (flares, sprint and fire on the move upgrades) and direct fire support(E8 and 105mm Shermans), compared to Infantry company’s defensive rifle abilities (mines, sandbags and LMGs) and indirect fire support (MHT, Priest).

0cp - M4A3E8 Sherman
1cp - Enhanced combat training
~ Riflemen can sprint and be upgraded with camouflage
2cp - Advanced infantry equipment
~ flares, Riflemen upgrades: x4 M1 carbine or x2 scoped Garand, Rear echelons can be upgraded with flamethrowers
8cp - 105mm bulldozer Sherman
10cp - White phosphorus barrage

M4A3E8 Sherman
Name changed to M4A3E8 (W)
Description changed to:
The ultimate incarnation of the Sherman, the M4A3E8 included wet ammunition racks, the 76mm high velocity gun, and HVSS suspension, improving survivability, firepower and mobility.

Changes-
HP increased to 880
Reload decreased from 6.6s-6s to 6s

30 Mar 2021, 07:35 AM

USF

Rifle company rework:

0cp - M4A3E8 Sherman
~ flares, Riflemen upgrades: x4 M1 carbine or x2 scoped Garand, Rear echelons can be upgraded with flamethrowers
8cp - 105mm bulldozer Sherman

M4A3E8 Sherman
Name changed to M4A3E8 (W)
Description changed to:
The ultimate incarnation of the Sherman, the M4A3E8 included wet ammunition racks, the 76mm high velocity gun, and HVSS suspension, improving survivability, firepower and mobility.

Changes-
HP increased to 880
Reload decreased from 6.6s-6s to 6s

Sounds good but i dont think buldozer is good option, that commander need some Arty boost because pak walls make e8 usless.

0cp - M4A3E8 Sherman
8cp - long range barrage for Scotts/ high exlosive barrage

corrected
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment