Login

russian armor

OKW faust and mg coming too late?

Pip
15 Sep 2021, 16:35 PM

It was obviously exgagerated.

Still Mg34 supresses a lot faster then what allies generaly get. The tiny arcs dont really make the .50 and duska better.

I would think that the supression of the mg 42 and 34 being really close would be common knowlidge.

I'm aware that it's exaggerated, what I'm saying is that the MG-34 really isnt at the top end of MGs. Third best nondoctrinal, fourth best doctrinal. I suppose that's not accounting for arc, but how much weight you put on an MG's arc is subjective.
15 Sep 2021, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2021, 16:35 PMPip

I'm aware that it's exaggerated, what I'm saying is that the MG-34 really isnt at the top end of MGs. Third best nondoctrinal, fourth best doctrinal. I suppose that's not accounting for arc, but how much weight you put on an MG's arc is subjective.
eeh. Given how much of a gap there is between the mg34 and the 4th+5th it's really not bad. It's still got shredder belts with vet too which is a lot better than say the maxims "do the job I bought you for" button.
Additionally if memory serves its cheaper too eh?
15 Sep 2021, 16:41 PM

It's BARELY worse than the 42/.50 cal. Sanders tests from a while ago showed this, Im trying to find them. Don't remember if the dshk was included

Yeah, it's basically just as good as the HMG 42 at suppressing. 0.2s difference is hardly noticeable ingame. And even though the .50 cals suppress in 0.75-1s at mid to long range, arguably the Axis HMGs are better / more reliable overall because of their wider arc and longer burst durations. Especially the M2HB can have issues "choking" with its short bursts and not suppressing in time when the enemy is moving past some cover.

The only real downside of the 34 is its low DPS, but that is by faction design and can be solved with its vet 1 ability. And you don't get an HMG to deal damage anyways.

I would have liked to experiment with the HMG 34 being behind an SWS truck rather than an HQ conversion, simply to increase build diversity for OKW (not as a necessity), but it was not to be.
15 Sep 2021, 16:41 PM

I don't think OKW faust comes much later than Rifles AT nades or the time that Soviets usually tech their grenade package. Being able to build AT Gun from start is always an option versus ultra lights if you are struggling versus those (even if it's not always optimal).

MG timing is more a result of typical build orders than anything I would say - it's not the cost of resources or tech timing that holds you back it's just that you are more likely to get 4 volks and medics/mech group before HMG. Nothing really stops you from getting a fast BG into HMG if you REALLY want one aside from it not being an optimal BO.
15 Sep 2021, 16:59 PM

I kinda agree that its subjective, yet a mg with smaller arc is bypassed/flanked easier resulting in more repositioning.
15 Sep 2021, 20:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2021, 20:37 PMPip

While Panzerfusiliers do arrive with their Anti-tank grenade, they are, of course, doctrinal. Ideally you shouldn't "need" to use doctrines to deal with vanilla equipment.

You don't, ultra lights are made of paper now.
15 Sep 2021, 21:59 PM

Not really sure how that can possibly be subjective. The arc isn't everything, but it's clearly an important factor

Mg34 is 2nd best only to mg42 in my book. At least when it comes to what the actual job of an HMG is. 50 cal and dshk aren't bad by any means, but they are not as good at their job

Better damage output, but whoopty fucking do that's not what I'm buying it for
16 Sep 2021, 17:15 PM

It's so late for a vanilla unit Clown Car in Large 1v1 Map. If you don't lock early PF.

You'll lose man power and when you use your Light Armor to counter it because mine is basically useless as it cannot even 1-hit clown car.

There Penals that doesn't miss and can melt light armors even P4 it can even 1 shot PUMA lol
Pip
16 Sep 2021, 17:28 PM

It's so late for a vanilla unit Clown Car in Large 1v1 Map. If you don't lock early PF.

You'll lose man power and when you use your Light Armor to counter it because mine is basically useless as it cannot even 1-hit clown car.

There Penals that doesn't miss and can melt light armors even P4 it can even 1 shot PUMA lol

A mine doesnt need to oneshot the clown car to deal with it. A tiny amount of followup small arms fire is enough to finish it off.

Penals cannot oneshot the Puma. They need ten AT rifle hits to kill it, and even the Satchel Charge only does 240 damage, necessitating four more AT rifle hits.
16 Sep 2021, 17:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2021, 17:28 PMPip

A mine doesnt need to oneshot the clown car to deal with it. A tiny amount of followup small arms fire is enough to finish it off.

Penals cannot oneshot the Puma. They need ten AT rifle hits to kill it, and even the Satchel Charge only does 240 damage, necessitating four more AT rifle hits.

No, I'll post you a game were good mine placing and bad RNG can win a game without even skill on that clown car.

1-2 volks don't scare clown car it's a stupid power spike on OKW and SOV 1v1.

two good mine placing play overcame by Clowncar due to HP buff.
https://youtu.be/aFSE3gVuC68
https://youtu.be/9KkeV2tu6Bk

What small arms? I'll upload another how a fucking penal can melt light armors without worrying that this AT infantry won't miss a single shot.

PUMA 1 shot is a meme. Nobody uses it now, kubel armor is better than PUMA

Look at the PENALs? Anyone can do that it doesn't take skill to perform that play?

https://youtu.be/QxsUp8CRXmI

You know why he did that? Because he knows Penals will not miss a single shot and kill my unit and I will do the same. I was baiting him but I didn't expect that penal will not get wiped WTF is that RNG?

What if it's zooka USF or AT OKW will you do it? No because you will be wiped without an assurance of killing it.

Playing Clown car on large maps there's no penalty of playing careless just dive and dive if there are any light armor just build penals. Not to mention these Penals melts an established MG too.
16 Sep 2021, 18:04 PM

No, I'll post you a game were good mine placing and bad RNG can win a game without even skill on that clown car.

What small arms? I'll upload another how a fucking penal can melt light armors without worrying that this AT infantry won't miss a single shot.

Look at the PENALs? Anyone can do that it doesn't take skill to perform that play?

You know why he did that? Because he knows Penals will not miss a single shot and kill my unit and I will do the same. I was baiting him but I didn't expect that penal will not get wiped WTF is that RNG?

What if it's zooka USF or AT OKW will you do it? No because you will be wiped without an assurance of killing it.

Playing Clown car on large maps there's no penalty of playing careless just dive and dive if there are any light armor just build penals. Not to mention these Penals melts an established MG too.

>AT infantry does it's AT job well
the ptrs suddenly overpowered, wait until OP discovers x2 panzershrek squads
16 Sep 2021, 18:26 PM

16 Sep 2021, 18:41 PM

says someone who barely cracks a .5 win ratio. lol
Pip
16 Sep 2021, 19:18 PM

First one: Sure, you got unlucky with penetration there. Kind of stupid to hang around and try and shoot it when there were three units focusing down your sturms, though.

Second one: Placing a mine and then not following up to kill the scout car is not "good play". The Kubel doesn't die to a single mine either. Nothing does, except for the Ambulance, Opel Blitz, and rocket arty vehicles.

Third one: You stopped your flak HT right next to AT penals when it had 20% HP. You played that absolutely terribly and there's absolutely no balance issue there. If you'd moved your flakHT away you'd have saved it, but you got greedy and got punished by AT infantry.
16 Sep 2021, 19:24 PM

says someone who barely cracks a .5 win ratio. lol

Maybe that should tell you something. I don't even play OKW and I know it would be a bad idea to keep my AAHT with a sliver of health anywhere near the most accurate at range AT squad in the game. Where does that put you?
16 Sep 2021, 22:53 PM

More words, fewer emojis. This isn't the shoutbox

Not sure what you're laughing at anyway cause the mg34 suppresses very fast compared to some other MGs...

Prob PTSD from MG34 failing me more times than I can count. Or the ubiquitous squad crawling towards it whilst being pounded with bullets. Nearly got a molotov in my face a little while ago from a pair of squads that OOORAH'd over a mine as well. Still crawling :rofl: Almost none of my enemies respect this thing unless I have an inf squad with it shooting their face.

17 Sep 2021, 03:18 AM

Prob PTSD from MG34 failing me more times than I can count. Or the ubiquitous squad crawling towards it whilst being pounded with bullets. Nearly got a molotov in my face a little while ago from a pair of squads that OOORAH'd over a mine as well. Still crawling :rofl: Almost none of my enemies respect this thing unless I have an inf squad with it shooting their face.

This can happen to all MGs and it's super frustrating. In coh 3 I would like suppression to inflict heavier penalties to grenade throwing

Even the mighty mg42 occasionally gets grenaded from the front. Especially if you encounter that dreaded bug where a suppressed squad takes a few extra steps before actually hitting the ground
17 Sep 2021, 10:31 AM

Vid1: outplayed so badly its not even funny.
Vid2: mine defended the point from being captured and pulled engies from another engagement, what's the problem here? Also, Kubel can't die to single mine for ages now, in fact, all ultra lights lost armor so they could survive to single mine.
Vid3: 100% noob mistake, why do you keep low health vehicle in range of AT squad?
17 Sep 2021, 14:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2021, 10:31 AMKatitof

Vid1: outplayed so badly its not even funny.
Vid2: mine defended the point from being captured and pulled engies from another engagement, what's the problem here? Also, Kubel can't die to single mine for ages now, in fact, all ultra lights lost armor so they could survive to single mine.
Vid3: 100% noob mistake, why do you keep low health vehicle in range of AT squad?

enough of your shitty comment. Vid1 doesn't damage the rear armor of that light heavy tank. that's BAD RNG for you noob

Vid3 I could have moved it far away but I want to show how it's not so bad to be reckless with Easy soviet units that don't miss a single shot

The point here is you can play soviet clown car with less penalty but you can steam roll an opponent with very little skill involved.

a PTRS can melt light armor in 3 seconds whilst a USF zook or AT from other factions can't even hit light armors.
17 Sep 2021, 15:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

First video is a bug of the SPs targeting the passengers instead of the vehicle.
Second video is working exactly as intended.
Third video as Katitof said. I also don't stick close to Obersoldaten with an almost dead squad, why should I stick around PTRS squads with an almost dead vehicle? There's no point to make.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 127

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight