Login

russian armor

Winter 2021 Balance Patch - Discussion

27 Feb 2021, 17:56 PM

What was the reasoning behind leaving SVT cons unchanged?

I assume they will get nerfed in the next patch which focuses on commanders.

They should have been nerfed in this patch already though, I agree with that. After all they changed Jäger Armour + ISU including the doctrines as well.
27 Feb 2021, 18:07 PM

did ukf mortar get range boost? shit is op now.

in fact mortar smoke virtually invalidate ost mg....as i fear...need to tone that smoke shit down..
27 Feb 2021, 18:22 PM

This patch changed a lot, I feel like a new player in this game.

They tried to limit RNG, now I see more RNG then before.
All units it's paper, wipe is easy.
Rush blobs is more effective and often see blobs.
Anti-tanks guns is very ineffective in long range so miss every shot at end range.

And british mortar is back to 2015. :D
27 Feb 2021, 18:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2021, 18:07 PMmrgame2
did ukf mortar get range boost? shit is op now.

in fact mortar smoke virtually invalidate ost mg....as i fear...need to tone that smoke shit down..

are you talking pit or mortar? (assuming that UKF use the USF mortar and it got buffed)

Both had buffs.
27 Feb 2021, 18:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2021, 18:30 PMVipper

are you talking pit or mortar? (assuming that UKF use the USF mortar and it got buffed)

Both had buffs.

just tried 4v4, man the pit has sov doctrine mortar now?
and yes even the infantry mortar keeps dropping smoke now stop.

this is bad since allies infantries are much better dps on the flank move
27 Feb 2021, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2021, 18:58 PMmrgame2

just tried 4v4, man the pit has sov doctrine mortar now?

Yes, it was like that in the preview and it was pointed out but they went ahead anyway...

"Can now fire a Heavy Mortar Barrage up to range 150 once Hammer or Anvil have been unlocked.
Heavy Barrage fires a total of 8 rounds into the target area with a 100 second recharge; affected by veterancy."

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2021, 18:58 PMmrgame2

and yes even the infantry mortar keeps dropping smoke now stop.

this is bad since allies infantries are much better dps on the flank move

"M1 81mm Mortar
Cost from 240 to 230
Barrage scatter angle from 10 to 9
Distance scatter max from 8 to 7

Mobile Mortar Smoke (M21, 250 Half-Track, USF/British 81mm, Soviet 82mm, Ostheer 81mm)**

To increase the effectiveness and responsiveness of smoke barrages, the speed at which they fire shells and rotate has been adjusted. Furthermore, smoke barrages will no longer share a cooldown with the primary barrage to allow players to have on-demand smoke.

Infantry Mortar pivot time from 2 to 1.25
Smoke Barrage wind down from 2 to 0.375
Number of smoke shells per barrage from 3 to 4
Scatter bonuses at veterancy 3 no longer apply to smoke barrages
Smoke Barrages no longer share a cooldown with the primary barrage"
27 Feb 2021, 19:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What was the reasoning behind leaving SVT cons unchanged?

In the current patch Vet 3 SVT cons beat vet 3 5men gren at long range. How is this deemed balanced ? Does any member of the balance team members actually play this game? Is this due to incompetence or result of blatant biased malevolence?

The only things commander wise that were changed were meta commanders.
27 Feb 2021, 21:27 PM

Centaur mobility is too high IMO. I didn't think the centaur or ostwind needed buffs since they were both already very good in the previous patch. I'd say they're balanced against each other currently, I think they're both too strong in terms of damage output and mobility. Didn't even get to try EWS centaur because I went anvil and sextons, but vet 2 centaur is as fast if not faster than a p4. It's pretty crazy.

Centaur and Comet mobility was pointed out during preview.

One has to also keep in mind that Centaur has superior size and armor that ostwind. Centaur actually has Cromwell level armor and better target size...
27 Feb 2021, 21:29 PM

The mortar pit HE barrage is simply OP.

Insane range and good damage for no cost.
27 Feb 2021, 21:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2021, 21:29 PMVipper
The mortar pit HE barrage is simply OP.

Insane range and good damage for no cost.

Except for the cost of all mobility you mean?
It was perfectly find on preview and as far as I'm aware, it didn't got any scatter buffs since.
28 Feb 2021, 04:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2021, 19:13 PMVipper

Yes, it was like that in the preview and it was pointed out but they went ahead anyway...

"Can now fire a Heavy Mortar Barrage up to range 150 once Hammer or Anvil have been unlocked.
Heavy Barrage fires a total of 8 rounds into the target area with a 100 second recharge; affected by veterancy."

"M1 81mm Mortar
Cost from 240 to 230
Barrage scatter angle from 10 to 9
Distance scatter max from 8 to 7

Mobile Mortar Smoke (M21, 250 Half-Track, USF/British 81mm, Soviet 82mm, Ostheer 81mm)**

To increase the effectiveness and responsiveness of smoke barrages, the speed at which they fire shells and rotate has been adjusted. Furthermore, smoke barrages will no longer share a cooldown with the primary barrage to allow players to have on-demand smoke.

Infantry Mortar pivot time from 2 to 1.25
Smoke Barrage wind down from 2 to 0.375
Number of smoke shells per barrage from 3 to 4
Scatter bonuses at veterancy 3 no longer apply to smoke barrages
Smoke Barrages no longer share a cooldown with the primary barrage"

wow 150 range...what does affected by vet means? even faster recharge on vet...:faint:

so fast pit + later bofors and atg protection...

my okw trucks are sitting ducks ...

and every 4v4 games is a smoke fest now...not sure if that is what you intended....

imo

-lock the heavy mortar to emplacement commander and keep it at 100s recharge times and consider reduce range to 120....
-remove infantry mortar smoke wind down and shell per barrage buffs. back to 2 and 3 respectively.

smoke fest is very one-sided for the initiator and the one at receving end cannot do shit, especially for ost a more static faction...

it is like if you have early recon planes for free, just opposite of revealing sight...you block sight and breaks the tactical fun of FOW....
28 Feb 2021, 04:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2021, 21:37 PMKatitof

Except for the cost of all mobility you mean?
It was perfectly find on preview and as far as I'm aware, it didn't got any scatter buffs since.

why does it need mobility when it has durability and impossible to counter this early on?

maybe in 1v1 preview nobody test it enough but team games its unplayable..
28 Feb 2021, 05:29 AM

something nobody seems to be talking about even though its big smoke- they adjusted the commander descriptions on the commanders they changed. i know this probably reads very sarcastically but dead seriously im very pleased that they had the thought to do that. small things like that add up and in a good 5-10 more years of support we might end up with a polished and balanced game here! (im serious though, that small detail made me really happy)
28 Feb 2021, 05:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2021, 04:19 AMmrgame2

why does it need mobility when it has durability and impossible to counter this early on?

i have not tried the new pit, but yea immobility doesnt mean it should be op on principal. we lived through that one already....
28 Feb 2021, 06:47 AM

"this early on" you mean after the latest tech of the faction ? Before that it just the same as before. It is not like i prefer it this way but that is what i have to play with at the moment.

Anyway, a stock land mattress is all they need but mod simply say no without any reasons.
28 Feb 2021, 07:09 AM

Were mortar pits uncounterable pre-patch? The only thing that changed was it's late game utility with the new barrage and the 2nd mortar upgrade split cost. If you're suddenly having trouble with Pits it's not because of durability or timing unless you think the un-upgraded pit is too strong. (it's not) If anything it should be easier to counter in team games since OKW gets access to Napalm rockets at Vet 1 now. I do like the new barrage it's strong where I usually would kill ISGs and support weapons that I targeted but it's infrequent enough that I found it impossible to counter team weapon spam with the heavy barrage alone.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 39
South Africa 2
Germany 718

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak