Login

russian armor

A issue with m42

20 Jan 2021, 22:00 PM

I had 2+ hit bulletins and ambush camouflage on mg42.

The problem was it would keep sniping models of enemy infantry and stop the current burst cycle, so it didnt cause suppression and ate a grenade to the face.

Can fixie fixie?
20 Jan 2021, 22:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I mean, that's how the game works?

If a model dies, the shooter needs to refocus. I doubt there is much that could or should be done that would fix this, especially without breaking other mechanics
20 Jan 2021, 22:44 PM

This is specifically why the Vickers has suppression issues, as it has high damage/suppression.

Id love a fix. This patch's changes may be enough for the Vickers, but just consistent firing would br nice.
20 Jan 2021, 22:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Vickers: "First time?"
20 Jan 2021, 22:59 PM

This is specifically why the Vickers has suppression issues, as it has high damage/suppression.

Id love a fix. This patch's changes may be enough for the Vickers, but just consistent firing would br nice.

Fix for what?
Reducing dmg by 25%?
Because HMG42 does 4 dmg and its damage that's the "issue" magically here.

Unless you're talking about Vickers.
21 Jan 2021, 02:05 AM

yea vicker honestly can't even suppresses if id does not kill if u pass even for a second between cover
21 Jan 2021, 16:30 PM

I don't think that damage is really the issue- it's time between bursts. Killing a model ends a burst, so no more suppressive fire during cooldown. If bursts and cooldowns were both shorter, it would reduce the severity of the issue without affecting overall fire rate.
23 Jan 2021, 05:42 AM

I never realized this was the problem. I've seen machine guns, some more than others, burst down enemies on approach without suppressing them. It never clicked that it's because high DPS actually hinders suppression by forcing it to cease fire momentarily.
23 Jan 2021, 10:07 AM

the problem lies in the mechanic, not the stop fire. If a model is hit by mg fire his supression value goes up. If the supression exeeds a certain value the WHOLE sqad gets supressed.

However if the model dies and the mg start shooting at a new model, the supression value of that model starts at nearly 0, becouse he was not getting shot before.(not counting aoe supression)

Thats why killing models hinders supression.

An idea to fix this and also random green cover supression would be if HMGs would spread out their fire on all members of the sqad, and traverse supression etc was adjusted accordingly. However i feel its too late for this change
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★