Login

russian armor

why not nerf pathfinder?

7 Dec 2020, 06:57 AM

I might not had been clear. I stated how much dmg the crit component has outside of the base dmg of the Rifle. Cause i had to use the old coh2 stats site it might had not have the correct values for the base dmg so i assumed it's correct and it's both 16. If the crits are at 40% HP and 70%HP then, the threshold is at 32HP and 56HP respectively.

Which translates to the values i gave before:

Pathfinders are doing 16dmg + 0/16dmg
JLI are doing 16dmg + 0/40dmg

Don't JLI crit-kill model with 75% HP or less?

On the topic itself:
The disparity in model target size between the squads as well as ambush bonus and higher crit threashold of JLI more than make up for the 2 scoped garands of Pathfinders.
Even when you ambush an OST sniper with Pathfinders you can't reliably kill him, while JLI have very high chance of taking the enemy sniper down immediately with ambush bonus and high crit, especially because longer time to fire on the G43-sniping model makes him fire last in the salvo.

If you want we can replace Pathfinders with JLI, no problem :thumbsup:
7 Dec 2020, 07:21 AM

Pathfinders only work effectively when combined with other squads, like riflemen. They gain veterancy fast and achieve some out of cover camo with it, but that's about it. Equipping them with bars is not always advised cuz as they lose models they lose their snipers faster, greatly reducing their long range capability. IR pathfinders as they have only 1 sniper work a bit better on their own.

JLI without upgrade is a bit weaker than pathfinders, but after getting it they become comparable to Obers as they are very potent at sniping enemies in cover or the last remaining models of a retreating squad.
7 Dec 2020, 08:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2020, 00:33 AMVipper
Pathfinder have a sight range of 50, pioneer have 42.

And guess what?
Both are above 35, therefore allowing self spotting!
7 Dec 2020, 09:03 AM

The XP value of Pathfinder is another issue.
Both versions have an XP value of 340 which is actually lower than that of pioneer while their DPS and MP cost is allot higher.

(edited)
7 Dec 2020, 13:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2020, 09:03 AMVipper

Both versions have an XP value of 340 which is actually lower than that of pioneer while their DPS is allot higher.

Not at all ranges. At ranges under 13m pioneers do outdps standard pathfinders.
7 Dec 2020, 14:00 PM

Erm, nope, according to https://coh2.serealia.ca pios do ~ 27 (4x mp40) dps at close range while pathfinders do 20 (2x carbine) + 17 (2x sniper) = 37 dps
7 Dec 2020, 14:05 PM

so... conclusion of the thread: buff Pathfinders :D
7 Dec 2020, 14:34 PM

Are you seriously going to compare the combat efficiency of pioneers and Pathfinders?

The XP value of Pathfinder is simply too low.
7 Dec 2020, 15:53 PM

so... conclusion of the thread: buff Pathfinders :D

Yep. We need buff Pathfinders. They are underused units that no one use expect teamgames. I hope balance team think about 1v1.
7 Dec 2020, 16:30 PM

Erm, nope, according to https://coh2.serealia.ca pios do ~ 27 (4x mp40) dps at close range while pathfinders do 20 (2x carbine) + 17 (2x sniper) = 37 dps

Serealia doesn't properly list the dps of the pathfinder snipers. While outdated, coh2db.com actually has a few things serealia doesn't such as the cromwell and proper Pathfinder sniper stats. The actual close range dps of the scoped garand is about 2 with a very shallow upward curve towards long range.

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2020, 14:34 PMVipper

Are you seriously going to compare the combat efficiency of pioneers and Pathfinders?

Did my post mention exp values? Or over all combat efficiency?
I know you don't like being misrepresented, please don't misrepresent me.
7 Dec 2020, 16:43 PM

Did my post mention exp values? Or over all combat efficiency?
I know you don't like being misrepresented, please don't misrepresent me.

I do not see how a misrepresented you (and even if I did it was not intentional).

I used a questions mark exactly because I was unsure if you post was questioning weather the Pathfinder XP value is not too low. From this response I have to guess that you agree that it is to low (or at least you do not disagree) which is the point of the original post.
7 Dec 2020, 17:07 PM

Serealia doesn't properly list the dps of the pathfinder snipers. While outdated, coh2db.com actually has a few things serealia doesn't such as the cromwell and proper Pathfinder sniper stats. The actual close range dps of the scoped garand is about 2 with a very shallow upward curve towards long range.

You are right! I have tested a few times and pios indeed win by a large margin.
7 Dec 2020, 18:06 PM

Lets make them carbon copies of JLIs to 'nerf' them.
Pip
7 Dec 2020, 18:53 PM

This is assuming Pioneers are able to just teleport next to Paths, as well. Realistically you're losing a Pioneer before you make it to the Paths.
7 Dec 2020, 19:23 PM

Please don’t
7 Dec 2020, 20:35 PM

Please don’t

If you think it will be too strong we will just make the prices the same as well.
7 Dec 2020, 22:29 PM

If you think it will be too strong we will just make the prices the same as well.

JLI with Bars when?
8 Dec 2020, 05:05 AM

u mean pathfind need summon at 1cp and have 4 m1a1, 60ammun to upgrade one m1a1 to JLI sniper,can`t get bar?
it is really a "buff"
8 Dec 2020, 08:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2020, 16:43 PMVipper

I do not see how a misrepresented you (and even if I did it was not intentional).

I used a questions mark exactly because I was unsure if you post was questioning weather the Pathfinder XP value is not too low. From this response I have to guess that you agree that it is to low (or at least you do not disagree) which is the point of the original post.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume english is not your first language.

Your question isn't a real request for clarification otherwise it would be stated like this: "What do you mean by(insert statement I made)?" or "Could you explain the relevance of(insert statement I made)?"

Instead your question implies a taken action, that being "comparing the combat efficiency of pioneers and Pathfinders" and "are you seriously" is an indicator of this. Adding that "seriously" qualification indicates that the person asking understands what has been said, and is only asking for confirmation the other party isn't joking.

If the full question itself is VALID, then the response should either be
"Yes, I am SERIOUSLY comparing the combat efficiency of pioneers and pathfinders." or
"No, I am only JOKINGLY comparing the combat efficiency of pioneers and pathfinders.
Neither of which is what I did.

You could easily have re-framed the question like this:
"So how would you compare the overall combat efficiency of pios and PFs then?"

Nowhere in my post did I mention xp values, there is no point in bringing it up in a direct response to me unless it relates to your actual criticism of my post. For example.

"Even though pioneers have an advantage at close range, at most relevant ranges pathfinders beat them. This, coupled with the fact that pathfinders have a very low exp value and weapon racks, allows them to vet up quite a bit faster."

8 Dec 2020, 08:57 AM

And that bring as back to the original question. In your opinion do Pathfinder have a low XP value?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment