Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] OKW Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (27)down
13 Dec 2020, 15:43 PM

Can we give "select target" and/or "attack ground" abilities to schwerer panzer hq? I understand the "high risk high reward" situation if you place the truck outside the base, but with section's new pyro smoke drop + arty combo or just heavy gammon bombs, t4 is just defenseless at all. I agree that smoke is to disable line of sight, but it disables whole turret as it cannot auto attack.

2nd thing: I know this patch is about core armies, but is it possible to give the 221/223 ability to shoot down planes? I think it's fair as m20 shoots and even UC can do it at some right angles (I'm not sure if it's intended or not). Also this unit's mg needs some "investigation" because sometimes it cannot follow attack orders, or it doesn't shoot even if enemy is in range, you need to order to do it manually (compared to e.g. wc51 or m20 which have similar role it's too micro intensive in certain situations).

Schwerer instapins and absolutely destroys any infantry in it's doom circle. Adding the ground target would force the allies to invest a sh**ton of resources to destroy it. It would no longer be worth it to even try to kill it. A competent player will not let the schwerer go down to one smoke plus a bunch of gammon bombs.
13 Dec 2020, 15:57 PM

Schwerer instapins and absolutely destroys any infantry in it's doom circle. Adding the ground target would force the allies to invest a sh**ton of resources to destroy it. It would no longer be worth it to even try to kill it. A competent player will not let the schwerer go down to one smoke plus a bunch of gammon bombs.

It´s supression could be adjusted accordingly. I would be fine with the way it is now, except when it has been destroyed and one has to reupgrade to get tanks.

be it attack ground or that, one of the two should be adjusted.

But i wont complain. OKW gets a huge QoL upgrade with this patch and the faction plays so much smoother now
13 Dec 2020, 16:05 PM

Can we give "select target" and/or "attack ground" abilities to schwerer panzer hq? I understand the "high risk high reward" situation if you place the truck outside the base, but with section's new pyro smoke drop + arty combo or just heavy gammon bombs, t4 is just defenseless at all. I agree that smoke is to disable line of sight, but it disables whole turret as it cannot auto attack.

The AA gun should be separate upgrade from Panzer authorization and attack, attack ground and prioritize AA should be add.

Panzer authorization is a tech that should not be lost with with T4 truck. The AA should be lost.
13 Dec 2020, 16:28 PM

If you want to control schwerer gun like a normal unit, give it pop cap and upkeep like a normal unit.
13 Dec 2020, 19:53 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Things I'd like to suggest (after playing a good amount of custom 1v1):

- Since Hetzer Dcotrine is a prominent choice at the moment, there is an awful amount of smoke usage on the mp40 volks. 4 Volks with Smoke usage is too much for mainline infantry, the same way it was too much on every USF Rifleman.
- Radio intercept on SpecOps is too good for it's cost right now, either change the diappearance from the minimap or make it more costly so that it can't be used as frequently
Pip
13 Dec 2020, 20:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2020, 19:53 PMluvnest

- Since Hetzer Dcotrine is a prominent choice at the moment, there is an awful amount of smoke usage on the mp40 volks. 4 Volks with Smoke usage is too much for mainline infantry, the same way it was too much on every USF Rifleman.
- Radio intercept on SpecOps is too good for it's cost right now, either change the diappearance from the minimap or make it more costly so that it can't be used as frequently

Radio silence, Radio intercept is the Soviet ability to hear axis units being built.
13 Dec 2020, 22:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2020, 16:28 PMKatitof
If you want to control schwerer gun like a normal unit, give it pop cap and upkeep like a normal unit.

Basically.

I think the problem with MP40 is that it has to compete with STG to be worthwhile.

I wouldn't remove the silence component as that makes it unique and rather see if the ability is too good to be costed appropriately.
13 Dec 2020, 23:13 PM

A solution would be for MP40 VG to become a separate unit (maybe loose Faust).

(a better solution would be for the MP40 to replace the MP44 as stock upgrade)
14 Dec 2020, 06:24 AM

I don't think this is a too much at all.
1 - this is a commander ability unlike USF where they have it all the time, also If u compare this with British mainline infentry they have artillery all the time ,which is a very good ability for a mainline infentry.
2 - Volks will lose STG upgrade which is a lot betterthe MP40 upgrade.

14 Dec 2020, 13:51 PM

T1
The difference in mechanism and tech cost between T1,T2 serves no purpose and could be fixed.

Suggestions:
"Mechanized support upgrade" break into upgrades for half the cost:

1) "weapon upgrade" first upgrade available from HQ not T1gives access to ST44/Faust/HMG-34
2) "Mechanized support upgrade" gives access to vehicles

Experimental Stuka Rocket launcher move to T1 and Leig to T2. That would make T1 have the 251 variants, will make LeIg (camping with medic truck) less of an issue and T1 about equal in power.

Units:
Le.IG
the unit has very poor vet bonuses some simply useless (+15% penetration.).

Suggestions:
Improve vet bonus, bonus could include faster movement speed/rotation speed, damage reduction instead of received accuracy, a vet 1 ability that could be direct fire option, AP rounds, WP, Flare.

251/20
The unit does not gain veterancy, it should.

Suggestions:
Now unit available without "mechanized support upgrade"

Increase sight to 45-50 are most reckon vehicles

Allow the unit to gain shared veterancy, bonus could include ability cost reduction, cd reduction search light range, vehicle range HP/armor, bonus to units around it ability to reveal cloaked units.

Remove reckon plane especially since they can be called in from enemy base. Remove the cost of detection since it comes for free from kubel.

AAHT
The unit a rather high cost for an AA source.

Suggestions:
Allow 2 fire modes for the unit, direct and air-bust.
Direct does damage but no suppression
Air-bust does suppression but little damage.

Tone down vet bonuses

Fuel cost down to 40 increase built time or mechanized build time

T2
T2 requires more fuel to set thus delaying access to faust/hmg/St44

Suggestions:
Cost down to 150/10 similar to T1, there is no reason for the inconstancy.

Now also has "Mechanized support upgrade" for access to vehicle bringing up the price back to its current. (Le.ig require no cost if swapped with Stuka) Change mirror the properties of the T1/2.

Units:

Luch
The unit is perform bad on the move and especially vs vehicles and worse to than 222 and the situation is going to be even worse if the 3 PTRS change goes through where it will be countered by M3 penals. vet 5 ability seem very difficult to get and very once someone gets strong

Suggestions:
Remove modifier vs vehicles if there are any reduce far penetration if there is a need for it.

Increase moving accuracy for main gun on the move decrease damage if there is a need for it
or
redesign the weapon to be AOE instead accuracy based (one could use 222 profile and increase AOE for the desired result)

Reduce XP value which is currently the same with T-70 while being weaker.

Tone down the "suppressive fire" by reducing suppression and/or damage, move the ability to lower vet (Vet3 to Vet1)

Puma
Puma has modifier for moving in different terrains which actually lower the mobility of the unit in long game.

Suggestions:
Lower the bonus for road and lower the penalties for driving off road.

Swap mobility bonuses vet 3 bonuses with Reload vet 2 bonuses.

Stuka

The unit arrive quite early and is "hit or miss". Has the damage modifier vs emplacement been removed from DOT damage?

Suggestions:
Swap with Le.ig

unlock now requires "repair pioneers" or even T3.

Remove bonus DOT damage modifier vs emplacements or add a penalty

HE barrage now default firing move HE now a vet ability. This is allow the unit to have more consistent performance while being able to deal better with emplacements and trenches.

T3

There is little reason for Panzer authorization to be linked to the AA gun especially after the "ninja" change with which panzer authorization is not "unlearned" with t4 destruction which is a good change.

Suggestions:
Panzer authorization break into 2 upgrades (and is moved to HQ?). Panzer authorization I and Panzer authorization II each costing 50 15 for the same total cost.

Panzer authorization I unlocks JP/Ostwind/Hezter

Panzer authorization II unlocks PzIV/Panther/KT.

AA Gun upgrade become separate upgrade, gun now target units and attack ground. AA is a normal toggle, if there is a need one can MU cost for AA or completely remove the AA capability.

Experimental:
OKW tank see a cost reduction but come with lower armor and can purchase the the extra armor for MP/Fuel.

Units
Ober:
Ober performance requires some changes, booby trap does not fit the unit.

Suggestions:
XP value lower to much shock troops at 680.

booby trap swamped with "interrogation" ability, Booby trap ability is more expensive than mine and in many case less effective while with more restrictions. Booby traps HE explosion replaced by DOT similar to Soviet incendiary barrage. (Can now be used in garrison?)

Blendkor grenade redesign as an AT weapon with temporary critical to help with retreat wipe from vehicles.

Suppressing fire no longer requires to target enemy unit, CD now matches Paras ability.

Passive sprint replaced by a time one for not cost.

Jagdpanzer IV

The JP is an expensive unit with high cost compared to allied TDs when it performance vs heavily armored target does not match them.

Suggestions:
Price down 360/120

Pop down to 12

Vet 1 ability similar to SU-76 but the ability no longer reduce rotation and automatically breaks with move command.

Xp value down to 1790

Vet mobility bonus vet 2 swapped with vet 3, vet 4 reload bonus moved to vet 5.

Panzer IV J

Suggestions:
XP value increased to match other vehicles of its price range

Rear armor increased to match Ostheer one to 110-120.

Panther
Suggestions:
Experimental:
Now has access to switchable rounds suited vs medium tanks and super heavies.

On patch notes changes:

"volksgrenadier
As with flamethrowers, the Volksgrenadier flame grenade is being altered to make it easier to set buildings alight.
- Flame grenade bonus damage against ambient structures to 60. It will now take 4 grenades to ignite a
structure."
Grenades do no damage to structures and require to be used simultaneously by multiple squads to set on fire.

Add some damage to 1 single grenade.

"Jaegar Light Infantry
A consistency change to make JLI match other OKW infantry in terms of their combat bonuses.
- Veterancy 5 received accuracy modifier removed"
Sprint removed since it does not fit a long range unit

Reduce reinforcement cost to 30 similar to Pathfinders

Reduce pop to 6 (or 7) similar to Pathfinders

Make critical kill a timed ability (change applies to Pathfinders also) increasing range to 45 for the duration for better anti snipe performance or/and add an ability that prevent units from being able to cloak.

Hezter/Ostwind now call-in or build from HQ.
15 Dec 2020, 22:03 PM

Maybe its something for the next patch, but I think the Breakthrough Sturm Officer should be given to Battlegroup HQ.

two reason why I think this would be a good change:

1. Sturm Officer is currently in a doctrine that's very rarely going to be picked for 1v1

2. Battlegroup HQ only has two combat units while Mechanized HQ has 3

Breakthrough would require something to replace the Sturm officer perhaps the SdKfz 251/1 Half-track, the StuG III Ausf. G, or something else

15 Dec 2020, 22:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2020, 22:03 PMKT610
Maybe its something for the next patch, but I think the Breakthrough Sturm Officer should be given to Battlegroup HQ.

two reason why I think this would be a good change:

1. Sturm Officer is currently in a doctrine that's very rarely going to be picked for 1v1

2. Battlegroup HQ only has two combat units while Mechanized HQ has 3

Breakthrough would require something to replace the Sturm officer perhaps the SdKfz 251/1 Half-track, the StuG III Ausf. G, or something else

I agree It looks a nice idea.
16 Dec 2020, 07:38 AM

Something I'd like to suggest for OKW:

-Reverse on Rakketten, like other AT guns.
16 Dec 2020, 07:40 AM

It would be even better if "death loop" units like RW (DHsk.0.5 maxim) retreat on reverse. That would reduce the the crew is exposed to fire.
16 Dec 2020, 11:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2020, 22:03 PMKT610

Officer units belong in their doctrines. The UKF Airlanding Officer should have stayed as it was in the Vanguard Regiment as well, instead of the dumbed down Assault Officer we have now.

The only thing a change like this will achieve is turn a very original utility unit into a forgettable and unnecessary add-on. Who will skip an additional Volksgrenadier in 1v1 in order to wait for a hypothetical BHQ officer?

A lot of doctrines don't work in 1V1, that's fine.
16 Dec 2020, 15:27 PM

This would be very nice, especially if you have a stolen AT gun to pair with it and suddenly the reverse key doesn't work for one of them. A good QoL change. Though I anticipate some complaints that the gun packed up before they could land a grenade on it by reversing instead of that 'deathspin' they do when right-click moving away/retreating. (Also pressing T bunches all the crew up into one convenient target briefly). Going COH1 right click reversing is a pretty significant micro tax when you have to manage other fights and their AT guns don't have the same issue.
16 Dec 2020, 15:46 PM

Yes, but when they rotate in a sometimes completetly dumb way always makes me mad. Further more you dont have any controll left on the unit. That means most of the time you would be safer going another direction manually for example into the frontline... i think everyone agrees that this is another certain death.

I agree that this is a QoL change that should be considered.
16 Dec 2020, 16:19 PM

We really need that.
16 Dec 2020, 16:56 PM

We looked into giving Raketen reverse, but it seems to be impossible to give it both reverse and retreat. Though we will look into whether or not it's possible to extend the range at which a move order behind the unit has it move backwards. Right now it's only 15-20 range I believe, any further away makes it turn around. I'd hope to extend this to 40-50 range.
16 Dec 2020, 17:08 PM

Haha, i guess its because the reverse function is tied to "vehicles" and those can´t retreat? :D
PAGES (27)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS