Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] SOV Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (66)down
18 Dec 2020, 09:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2020, 09:15 AMVipper
Ram is an extra ability that T-34/76. T-34 has a vet 1 ability like most units. If one does does not like ram one can simply not use it.

If ability is so terribly bad that it has no practical application and destroys your own unit for very low benefit, that ability needs fixing.

When you have a car and someone comes and slashes your tires you don't go "lol, I'll just won't use tires from now on, rims are perfectly round too". You fix the tires, so the car is usable again. But then again, who knows, maybe you actually do use it like that while saying "everything is fine".
18 Dec 2020, 09:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2020, 07:20 AMvgfgff

Whatever you upgrade it at tier 3 or tier 4 both will slow down your tank.

One can get upgrade from around minute 6 and enjoy more cost efficient infatry but delay his vehicles or one can rush vehicles and unlock it after T4 unit. It is a choice.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2020, 07:20 AMvgfgff

These may affect a lot in 1vs1 match while you need to engage with panzer IV that currently arrived time is 12 minute.

A T-34 is is not a great counter to a PzIV while soviet already got their other counter improved like PTRS Penals and SU-76.
18 Dec 2020, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2020, 09:15 AMVipper
Ram is an extra ability that T-34/76. T-34 has a vet 1 ability like most units. If one does does not like ram one can simply not use it.

I disagree. What is that for an unfriendly solution? A lot of people are already annoyed that the most fun abilities in the game are removed patch after patch because the mod team loves to nerf everything. Your idea is really over the top, you're wrong about this. I don't want to end up with a perfect symmetrical game that is utterly boring to play, there's already too many out there.

Just delay that airstrike bit that is all that is needed. Don't remove fun abilities, or tell people not to use abilities as a solution to balancing (???)

18 Dec 2020, 09:44 AM

I agree here, a smoke round would be much more useful than a ram for a T-34. It would be possible to make a smoke projectile with an additional function - slowing down an infantry unit, like white phosphorus, but without damage. Soviet smoke projectiles used yellow phosphorus which could cause respiratory distress but did not burn.
18 Dec 2020, 09:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2020, 09:17 AMVipper
Well that goes both way since soviet doctrinal units are available in most commander and are extremely cost efficient.

If one want to get rid the "design leftover" one will also have to reduce the number of commander these unit are available and power of those units....

I don't see why this would be the case, nobody else misses out of competent doctrine units because they have competent stock units. Airborne aren't weaker because Riflemen are superior infantry, the Tiger isn't bad because the Panzer IV and Panther are good, and Fallschirmjagers are excellent despite being in the same faction as Obersoldaten. There are many examples of competent doctrine units for factions with competent standard units.
18 Dec 2020, 09:58 AM

I don't see why this would be the case, nobody else misses out of competent doctrine units because they have competent stock units. Airborne aren't weaker because Riflemen are superior infantry, the Tiger isn't bad because the Panzer IV and Panther are good, and Fallschirmjagers are excellent despite being in the same faction as Obersoldaten. There are many examples of competent doctrine units for factions with competent standard units.

Soviet have access to more doctrinal units in more commander than any other faction. The power level of these unit is above average and so is there cost efficiency. The "old design" come with certain perks.

There is little indication that the Soviet faction is actually weaker the Ostheer/OKW. The only trouble it had so far was against osttruppen possibly even vs 5 men grenadiers and those doctrines are being nerf.

It actually remains to be seen if Ostheer can actually survive without these commanders or how viable OKW are.
18 Dec 2020, 10:16 AM

I can't shake the felling that SOV faction will be considerably weaker after this patch. We'll see about penals, although I never liked the unit same with su-76. In fact I never like T1 and the 'all-in' vibe that it brings.
18 Dec 2020, 10:18 AM

They will be weaker; patch after patch after patch all the fun stuff in every faction gets removed or nerfed to death.
18 Dec 2020, 10:22 AM

Well, the absolutely useless stuff got buffed.

But all of the meta is being nerfed or crippled, soviets already had lowest 1v1 win ratios and its most certainly not going to change if they just keep removing crutches like that without giving anything in return.
18 Dec 2020, 10:31 AM

They will be weaker; patch after patch after patch all the fun stuff in every faction gets removed or nerfed to death.

The balance is better, at least better then 2 years ago when I started playing. All the unfun stuff to play against like call-in panther, toxic heavy tanks, falls with fausts and ISU hold position bleeding machine were or will be nerfed. So on average it's all good. I just not sure after nerfing core units faction will be brought to equilibrium by buffing niche and situational units. Perhaps new Mobilized Reserves timing buff is strong. Kinda sad, since SOV is my favorite factions.
I already spam a lot of Brits lately, probably gonna play even more of them with new patch, or just insta-pick Airborne for SVT cons.
The OKW patch is looking juicy tho. Cant wait that one.
18 Dec 2020, 10:40 AM

actually be a nerf because the molitov, even at 10 fu and 80mp is not worth while.

Molotov just had a flame crit back in the day, the same way all flame weapons did. Thats why it was so long to throw, because it potentually could have inta wipe few models.

Question is, why in a gods name its still isnt buffed, because flame crits gone like ages ago. Its also fun to see that we have EXCACT same ability for USF now, but with normal throwing time.
18 Dec 2020, 11:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2020, 06:02 AMSpoof

The ram change is honestly a great idea. You're not gonna try to ram a with T34 without expecting it to die anyway.

The change doesn't address the core problem, which was that people hated being rammed and then having off-maps rain down on their elefant. So it can't be a good idea or change.

If T34 is gonna die from ram anyway, it makes no difference if you start it > or < 50% hp.

I haven't seen anyone claim the ram is too iconic to take out, that sounds like spin to me in the patch notes.

If mod team wants to get rid of stun, they should remove ram, and then give small buff to either cost or pen of the tank. Just rip the band-aid off
18 Dec 2020, 11:28 AM

The change doesn't address the core problem, which was that people hated being rammed and then having off-maps rain down on their elefant. So it can't be a good idea or change.

If T34 is gonna die from ram anyway, it makes no difference if you start it > or < 50% hp.

I haven't seen anyone claim the ram is too iconic to take out, that sounds like spin to me in the patch notes.

If mod team wants to get rid of stun, they should remove ram, and then give small buff to either cost or pen of the tank. Just rip the band-aid off

If ram can only be done at 50% hp it wont hit the tank, it will be dead before it hits.
Now if rams always gives you a nearly full refund that would be intetesting lol.
PAGES (66)down
3 users are browsing this thread: 3 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS