Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] OST Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (43)down
26 Jan 2021, 13:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2021, 12:59 PMKatitof

You are basing this on what?
Because most certainly its not patch notes.

I just played the mod. You were right.
26 Jan 2021, 17:04 PM

Let's see what next commander-patch will change, Ostheer (and Soviet) have too much bad and too much simply ultra bad commanders. Some by old design (relic), some by new design (patch-team).

I have to say, last commander-change was more or less a fail for Ostheer. Patch-team made some decisions I simply don't understand. The only benefits were some buffs for existing units like Tiger-Ace.

We have to focus on:

- StuG E OP versus houses, crap verus rest give it Command-Panzer4 gun and a HEAT-ability

- Command-Panzer 4 the mechanic of this unit is outdatet, for its price no edge make def. aura a timed ability. Let Panzer4 spawn with Schürzen, increased fire-rate and by extra ability.

- Osttruppen (and etc.) X give them some love

- Mortar SdKfz.251 Incediary bombs arn't good give it same stats as 1 napalm-bomb of OKW

- HMG-Bunker concrete HP-pool is too small to get a benefit for price and 2pop give it 0,5 dmg versus artillery, still easy to counter with AT-guns and tanks, but some edge versus passive fire

- Incendiary bombs (bombing-run) has no real use, bugged aoe , too less DPS to destroy inf. and structures. It can be easy shot down and needs long to arrive. change bomb-stats with StuKa-zu-Fuß Napalm

- hull-down since nerf it has no edge, inmobility for some range isn't enough let it work like KV1 ability, so they can do it by their own (that will also fix the bug). Give range-indicators while in hull-down. Maybe remove hull-down of Elefant.

- medical-supply-air-drop def.-bonus isn't worth it, since price-nerf for heal it became ultra useless (befor normal useless) Maybe change ambush-upgrade OR the smoke-grenade for PnzGren

I know, that is some off-topic. But still, most of it could be patched now. For me some commanders could become interesting again.

26 Jan 2021, 19:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

But still, most of it could be patched now. For me some commanders could become interesting again.

It can't. Even things that they know will cause problems after the patch (doctrinal) doesn't seem to have the scope to be changed.

Commander focused patch is the following one (this is just meta ones)
26 Jan 2021, 19:52 PM

I really hope they look at these then.

My list can be way longer, all factions have some cheese in their commander trees.
Pip
26 Jan 2021, 20:08 PM

It can't. Even things that they know will cause problems after the patch (doctrinal) doesn't seem to have the scope to be changed.

Commander focused patch is the following one (this is just meta ones)

I still really don't understand why Lelic don't loosen the Balans team's leash a bit more, and let them push their own patches rather than having to be seemingly approved and done through a Lelic staffer.

What are they so afraid of?
26 Jan 2021, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2021, 20:08 PMPip

I still really don't understand why Lelic don't loosen the Balans team's leash a bit more, and let them push their own patches rather than having to be seemingly approved and done through a Lelic staffer.

COH2 is a very complicated ecosystem and trying to fix many thing at the same time does not really work.

Relic is correct in setting up a scope and limiting changes in specific area (in this case stock units) at a time.
26 Jan 2021, 20:47 PM

Some design-problems are made by balance-team. It is a committed and skilled group, but also with some trash ideas. Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Let's see. ;D
26 Jan 2021, 21:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Probable implementation. It's not just copy pasting code from one side to the other and send it through steam.
Pip
26 Jan 2021, 21:41 PM

Some design-problems are made by balance-team. It is a committed and skilled group, but also with some trash ideas. Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Let's see. ;D

Lelic are hardly the paragon of good game design either, to be fair.
26 Jan 2021, 22:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2021, 21:41 PMPip

Lelic are hardly the paragon of good game design either, to be fair.

While true, they did have many good ideas and instead of refining them they half changed em leaving the measures in place to make those things work either OP or UP.
Pip
26 Jan 2021, 22:19 PM

While true, they did have many good ideas and instead of refining them they half changed em leaving the measures in place to make those things work either OP or UP.

Can you give some examples? I'm not certain which things you're referring to precisely.
27 Jan 2021, 10:56 AM

Any idea when the patch is coming online? Playing ost in live feels like doodoo...
27 Jan 2021, 12:51 PM

Probable implementation. It's not just copy pasting code from one side to the other and send it through steam.

I honestly just think CoH2 is an unwanted chield for Relic\Sega. They kinda dont care about it too much but at the same time they cant abbandon it.

This leads to the fact that coh2 most likely dont have any development team and x64 version was probably outsourced to microsoft or some one else.

In other words, relic\sega have to get ppl to actually spend their time implementing balance team changes.

Because honestly, at the very very very worst. Balance team most likely just providing giving relic excel document listing all the changed strings and values they changed them to.

Since, honestly I dont think, that if relic\sega cared that much, they woudnt afford rolling balance pathes every month, expecially when they are made for free for the community.

But nothing really changes here, since the birth of coh2 it was driven by the community. Whole coh2 story from start to finish is a big f* up from relic.

And I'm not even counting bugs and exploits, when relic employees were on balance pacthes, they just saw themselfs as gods, who knows better and almost never ever fixed their objectively broken shit or it took them insane amount of time to accept their fuck ups and roll fixes.
27 Jan 2021, 13:33 PM

Microsoft should buy Relic and rights for Warhammer40k and CoH. So we can be happy again, it can't get worse. I also think Microsoft is the reason why we got 64bit version, not Sega, it seems there is something in the dark :P If they buy CoH1 and CoH2 they could make cheap addons by copy in older stuff (like Wirbelwind etc.) I don't think Relic is the reason for fails like DoW3 etc., the game was made how Sega wanted it. And THQ had to force CoH2 to release because of cash.

I would buy new DLCs and Addons for CoH2, the game is great. There is no real alternative out there.

Microsoft became one of the best publishers out there, because they make games to improve their platform (PC or Xbox) not really to make cash with their games.
27 Jan 2021, 13:58 PM

I don't think Relic is the reason for fails like DoW3 etc., the game was made how Sega wanted it.

Depends really. I'm not familiar with Sega business model, but objectively speaking they are not that well known for making utter trash. EA is known for that, and they finnaly got what they deserved in this regard, with their main titles being acknowledged as a trash re-skins.

My point here is being that probably some ppl were hired or put into the possition they werent ready for. Same with DoW3. All ppl asked for DoW3 - return to the basicis and creating a game which would take best parts from DoW1 and DoW2, which both are more or less have playerbase till this day, while being completly different games in their core.

DoW3 with "modern ideas" just was a money sink for SEGA, which died few month after release. And its probably due to SEGA not baby sitting Relic and tell them what to do, like THQ did. Because they have a ton of good titles and companies working for them, they cant nor they want to babysit, its either "you make a good game because we trust you to do so or you are disbanded".

And THQ had to force CoH2 to release because of cash.

Actually I dont agree with this, THQ scrapped a lot of ideas and mechanics in order to get coh2 released, while SEGA probably said "fuck it just release it, you can finish it later". And Relic in general arent known for good directioning of their project. They can make beautiful games in terms of gameplay, visuals, sounds, UI and controls, but they lack anything past that.
27 Jan 2021, 14:47 PM

Before we make a off-topic rally ^^

CoH2 had a lot of potential (still has it), but I am sure commander-system, perks and DLC politic were forced by THQ to safe the company (later Sega).

For me CoH2 suffers like Bethesda games. You had a good precursor game, you try to use old engine to save money and waisting time because it doesn't seem to work, you have to release crap (like Skyrim) and community saves your buissnes -> but now we have the CoH2 problem, game was forced to ranking only, locked for modding. Balancing was made
to sell DLC.

Edit: Sega allowed to make game more free, that is good. BUT! They didn't "forced" Relic to fixe the engine, instead releasing more unbalanced stuff before fixing main-game.

I think it is time to a. make a real new Addon + fixing the game; or b. make it free for community.
If they sell to Microsoft also servers should be possible, because Microsoft shows that they also hold servers for older games.
27 Jan 2021, 16:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2021, 22:19 PMPip

Can you give some examples? I'm not certain which things you're referring to precisely.

Relative positioning and weapon profiles meaning something, okw vet, Brit... Everything... To name a few.
27 Jan 2021, 18:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Any idea when the patch is coming online? Playing ost in live feels like doodoo...

I have bad news for you if you play 1v1 mostly. OH right now is at it's strongest when you play whatever of the meta strats.

Enjoy Osttruppen/Assault Grens/5VSL at their peak.
Pip
27 Jan 2021, 18:38 PM

I have bad news for you if you play 1v1 mostly. OH right now is at it's strongest when you play whatever of the meta strats.

Enjoy Osttruppen/Assault Grens/5VSL at their peak.

At least AssGrens havent been nerfed, I suppose?

Which is just as well, as a friend of mine basically "needs" them to prevent himself being a complete dead weight in our 2v2s.
27 Jan 2021, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2021, 18:38 PMPip

At least AssGrens havent been nerfed, I suppose?

Which is just as well, as a friend of mine basically "needs" them to prevent himself being a complete dead weight in our 2v2s.

If meta will completely shift over to them, they'll be next.

However they do have very clear hardcounters from get go, so its a matter of quickly identifying them and then they can be rolled over.
PAGES (43)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS